onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Honestly Joe, although the anti-semitism thing has been around Corbyn for a while, I'd always thought it was a cheap way of the right playing the left at their own game. Turning racism/discrimination into a game, making gross exagerations and giant leaps to try and convince people that the other side was evil.

It is used as a way to void peoples arguments, even those which have nothing to do with race/sex/religion etc.

I even started on this forum using it, not completely seriously, as a way to illustrate to people on here that misusing and deliberally mis-applying definitions of racism and discrimination should apply to "their side" as well.

I have to say I had seriously underestimated the problem within the labour party, and i've gone from thinking that Corbyn is an unfortunate buffoon who had simply muddled his way through dealing with unfair accusations, to thinking that there is something more sinister going on.

If you have any interest at all, there's a few twitter accounts with all of the social media screenshots and leaked "disciplinary" letters from Labour. They reckon that there's evidence of anti-semtic behaviour from 30 (THIRTY) of the current crop of Labour parliamentary candidates. Admittedly a handful of those are "merely" supporting other accused labour members, but still, the evidence on the others is staggering.

Corbyn has been endorsed by Andrew Anglin (An american neo-nazi and founder of the daily stormer) and Nick Griffin (of BNP fame).

The Jewish Labour Movement (who instigated the institutional racism investigation into Labour) dossier has been leaked now.

https://www.scribd.com/document/438367082/Redacted-JLM-Closing-Submission-to-the-EHRC

-70 sword statements from serving and ex-labour officials

-Additional 100+ testimonies from other labour members, both Jewish and non-jewish

-136 outstanding anti-semitism complaints within Labour as of October, with an additional 100+ never having been logged as an official complaint. (though labour deny these figures)

And the book I mentioned - Corbyn actually wrote a foreword in 2011, as reported by the times:

the work was a “great tome”, praising Hobson’s “brilliant, and very controversial at the time” analysis of the “pressures” behind western, and in particular British, imperialism at the turn of the 20th century.

The book referenced a conspiracy theory about how banks were being being used by Jews to influence society.

You're probably wasting your time with such a balanced, rational post. The leftie-loons will no doubt be firing you down with a load of irrational bile suggesting as usual that it's all fake news and the right-wing press putting Corbyn down. 

However there's a very troubling report in a 3-page spread in today's Sunday Times that shows Corbyn's claims to be sorting the anti-semitic problem within the Labour party as a load of tosh--and this in fact comes from insider whistleblowers within Labour's own ranks who say categorically, and I quote: "Jeremy Corbyn's zero-tolerance claims are lies".  When reminding people in a previous post about that the Chief Rabii's damning recent article, I had a quoted reply from one of the aforementioned leftie-loons which read as follows: "you mean johnson's mate the chief Rabii". With such one-eyed unobjective and totally closed mind-sets they're really not worth debating with!

Advert

8 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

You're probably wasting your time with such a balanced, rational post. The leftie-loons will no doubt be firing you down with a load of irrational bile suggesting as usual that it's all fake news and the right-wing press putting Corbyn down. 

However there's a very troubling report in a 3-page spread in today's Sunday Times that shows Corbyn's claims to be sorting the anti-semitic problem within the Labour party as a load of tosh--and this in fact comes from insider whistleblowers within Labour's own ranks who say categorically, and I quote: "Jeremy Corbyn's zero-tolerance claims are lies".  When reminding people in a previous post about that the Chief Rabii's damning recent article, I had a quoted reply from one of the aforementioned leftie-loons which read as follows: "you mean johnson's mate the chief Rabii". With such one-eyed unobjective and totally closed mind-sets they're really not worth debating with!

I'm embarrassed to say Bill that the way in which the labour supporters (and the left in general) has hunkered down, burying their heads in the sand waiting for this all to blow over has genuinely taken me by surprise.

I guess I had a higher opinion of them than I should have.

The level of virtue signalling, simply asserting that 'we are the non-racists, you are the racists and therefore we are right' has long irked me because there was no evidence for it. Now we have evidence that this can be thrown out of the window.

When you have labour parliamentary candidates launching their campaigns, literally recruiting national front members who stood on stage with them, you have a problem. And if anyone wants the evidence of that, it may take me a while to sift through it all but I'm sure I can find it again. I believe it was one of the Nottinghamshire constituencies.

2 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I'm embarrassed to say Bill that the way in which the labour supporters (and the left in general) has hunkered down, burying their heads in the sand waiting for this all to blow over has genuinely taken me by surprise.

I guess I had a higher opinion of them than I should have.

The level of virtue signalling, simply asserting that 'we are the non-racists, you are the racists and therefore we are right' has long irked me because there was no evidence for it. Now we have evidence that this can be thrown out of the window.

When you have labour parliamentary candidates launching their campaigns, literally recruiting national front members who stood on stage with them, you have a problem. And if anyone wants the evidence of that, it may take me a while to sift through it all but I'm sure I can find it again. I believe it was one of the Nottinghamshire constituencies.

Whenever I've seen Corbyn say "anti-semitism is a scourge, I am opposed to all forms of racism, have spent my life as an anti-racist", I've always thought; you don't have to be consciously doing racist things to be discriminatory to one group.

I don't doubt Corbyn doesn't see himself as an anti-semite and he probably doesn't notice the things he has said, shared a platform with, and excused, but you can't just say "I am an anti-racist" and that be the end of it.

This article, after reading what you mentioned this morning, has opened my eyes a tad. Its endemic

https://medium.com/@sararoseofficial/everything-i-never-wanted-to-have-to-know-about-labour-and-antisemitism-649b5bc1e576

28 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Bloody hell!  I have been called many things on here but “lefty loon” is a new one!!  If you have read my posts on here over recent weeks you will see that I have regularly stated my dislike of Corbyn, McDonnell, Milne and Co but hey, why let the facts get in the way of a bit of personal abuse.

Just to add, you have “quoted” me incorrectly because I actually used correct grammar and punctuation!!  Also, it was a tongue in cheek comment based on remarks made at the time of the Chief Rabbi’s statement. But just carry on taking offence if it makes you and your “rabidly right wing” attitudes feel better. 😉

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Whenever I've seen Corbyn say "anti-semitism is a scourge, I am opposed to all forms of racism, have spent my life as an anti-racist", I've always thought; you don't have to be consciously doing racist things to be discriminatory to one group.

I don't doubt Corbyn doesn't see himself as an anti-semite and he probably doesn't notice the things he has said, shared a platform with, and excused, but you can't just say "I am an anti-racist" and that be the end of it.

This article, after reading what you mentioned this morning, has opened my eyes a tad. Its endemic

https://medium.com/@sararoseofficial/everything-i-never-wanted-to-have-to-know-about-labour-and-antisemitism-649b5bc1e576

What I've never seen argued is what constitutes antisemitism. Does criticising the Israeli government count? Does criticising Zionism? I think that's what is at the heart of a lot of these so called antisemitic statements. 

Just out of interest. If I agree to accept that the evidence shows that the Labour Party has a problem with anti-semitism will Bill, FUA, Mr Beagle and Co reciprocate and accept that The evidence shows Boris Johnson is a lying tosser who is not fit to be our country’s leader?

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Just out of interest. If I agree to accept that the evidence shows that the Labour Party has a problem with anti-semitism will Bill, FUA, Mr Beagle and Co reciprocate and accept that The evidence shows Boris Johnson is a lying tosser who is not fit to be our country’s leader?

Very important to accept that our current political set up is in complete shambles.

I don't want to vote for anyone.

5 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

What I've never seen argued is what constitutes antisemitism. Does criticising the Israeli government count? Does criticising Zionism? I think that's what is at the heart of a lot of these so called antisemitic statements. 

Read the article, the lady goes in depth in pointing out the difference and overlap of anti-semitism and anti-zionism.

They're completely separate but often are seen hand in hand.

21 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

If criticising Netanyahu’s government makes you anti-Semitic then quite a lot of Jews are anti-Semitic!

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Thankyou for posting that article Joe.Let’s hope after Thursday that Corbyn and his Anti-Semite scum are confined to the dark part of the Labour Party history.The ‘man’ is a ****ing disgrace.Fighting against racism all his life?Yes,selective racism.

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

Just my opinion H.Very rarely do you see someone being told ‘shut the **** up Israeli’ etc,the word ‘Jew’ invariably takes the place of  ‘Israeli’ making it a racial slur.

Had a call this evening from the Labour Party, asking my intentions, I told them because I liked the Labour candidate, I would be voting Labour. I then explained that my problem with the Labour Party was its useless leader, there comment was I completely agree with you. I was gobsmacked, there are still sensible people in the Labour Party.

7 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Had a call this evening from the Labour Party, asking my intentions, I told them because I liked the Labour candidate, I would be voting Labour. I then explained that my problem with the Labour Party was its useless leader, there comment was I completely agree with you. I was gobsmacked, there are still sensible people in the Labour Party.

As with any party they are elected until the next election, but leaders come and go in between. Whoever is elected will not last.

Archived