onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

51 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I truly believe that more kids will be homeless, and worse, as a direct result of a disastrous Corbyn cliff-edge Government.

Do you also believe in Santa Clause?

The problem with most of your posts, and of several others on here, is that you can't defend the ten years of Tory austerity and their appalling record in so many areas of our lives.

So your only retort is to smear, mud sling and speculate wildly because any examination of the true facts don't tally with your Daily Mail view of the world.

FUS makes my point for me!

Advert

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

How does the Home Office explain the ludicrous release of Joseph McCann and his rampage against women under a Tory government?  Is this another of their achievements we should be proud of and cause us to vote for them?

Who actually makes the decision to release? Are their guide lines? Were they followed? Are they adequate?..... I'm asking because I don't know.

I don't know either. I guess some kind of appeals board.

But the wider point that is made is surely valid. Namely, that after 10 years in government, the Tories should start accepting some responsibility for their actions and not keep blaming everyone else.

51 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I don't know either. I guess some kind of appeals board.

But the wider point that is made is surely valid. Namely, that after 10 years in government, the Tories should start accepting some responsibility for their actions and not keep blaming everyone else.

Of course they should mate, all governments should from day one.

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

I truly believe that more kids will be homeless, and worse, as a direct result of a disastrous Corbyn cliff-edge Government.

So no defence or explanation of this shameful situation. Guess I should be glad he didn't blame it on Labour.

If anyone thinks that a man who was in a club that burned £50 notes in front of homeless people as part of an initiation ceremony, who describes single mothers as raising "ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate" children and working class men as "likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless" will gives the slightest toss about the soaring demand for foodbanks, the heartbreaking rates of child poverty or the huge rise in homelessness then they're living in cloud cuckoo land. Get. Him. Out.

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

Do you also believe in Santa Clause?

The problem with most of your posts, and of several others on here, is that you can't defend the ten years of Tory austerity and their appalling record in so many areas of our lives.

So your only retort is to smear, mud sling and speculate wildly because any examination of the true facts don't tally with your Daily Mail view of the world.

FUS makes my point for me!

Total rubbish sage. You literally swerve any difficult question asked of you. You are guilty of the very thing you are falsely accusing me of in the next part of your post.

I've defended Tory austerity. I'll defend Tory austerity next time they have to come in and save the economy after Labour have tried to bankrupt it.

Daily mail view of the world? A grossly dishonest and incredibly wrong statement. It fits in well with the rest of your post.

Care to tell me  how Boris Johnson is "hard right" yet? This is only the 17th time I'm asking you.

12 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

So no defence or explanation of this shameful situation. Guess I should be glad he didn't blame it on Labour.

If anyone thinks that a man who was in a club that burned £50 notes in front of homeless people as part of an initiation ceremony, who describes single mothers as raising "ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive and illegitimate" children and working class men as "likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless" will gives the slightest toss about the soaring demand for foodbanks, the heartbreaking rates of child poverty or the huge rise in homelessness then they're living in cloud cuckoo land. Get. Him. Out.

Yet we're supposed to believe that a man who actively promotes a book calling Jews a "peculiar" and "ugly race". Who refuses to remove obviously anti-semetic murals and who is quite clearly the catalyst for a dramatic rise in anti-semitism in the labour party, is anti-racist and is somehow the virtuous choice for PM?

6 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Yet we're supposed to believe that a man who actively promotes a book calling Jews a "peculiar" and "ugly race". Who refuses to remove obviously anti-semetic murals and who is quite clearly the catalyst for a dramatic rise in anti-semitism in the labour party, is anti-racist and is somehow the virtuous choice for PM?

Didn't know about that first bit; jheez, that's not a good look.

We're 5 days away and I have absolutely zero clue of who to vote for. I'm fairly politically engaged but of the 4 options in my seat (Tories, Labour, Lib Dems, Green), I have grave misgivings about all of them.

2 hours ago, geosname said:

Who actually makes the decision to release? Are their guide lines? Were they followed? Are they adequate?..... I'm asking because I don't know.

McCann was jailed in 2008 under the terrorist/ serious crime friendly rules,introduced by Labour, which allowed automatic release after half sentence served.That has now changed,under the Conservatives,to 2/3 sentence then the offender  goes in front of the parole board for possible release or to stay locked up.

10 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

McCann was jailed in 2008 under the terrorist/ serious crime friendly rules,introduced by Labour, which allowed automatic release after half sentence served.That has now changed,under the Conservatives,to 2/3 sentence then the offender  goes in front of the parole board for possible release or to stay locked up.

The probation service **** ed up.

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

We're 5 days away and I have absolutely zero clue of who to vote for. I'm fairly politically engaged but of the 4 options in my seat (Tories, Labour, Lib Dems, Green), I have grave misgivings about all of them.

For reference, Blair, Brown and other noted politicians from across the house have written in praise of the book and Hobson's other writings. Oddly, it only became controversial once people realised that Corbyn had praised it 8 years ago. Despite his ugly characterisation of the Jewish people, the author is still considered an important figure and worthy of study. All these people so angry about anti-semitism don't seem to be very upset that the tories are currently investigating 5 of their candidates for anti-semitism. Weird that. Almost as if they're just using it to attack Labour as their won record in government is shameful and indefensible.

I feel we have to make a very important decision about the kind of country we want to live in. When you look at the heartbreaking child poverty and homelessness in this country, how services are cut down to the bone and disabled people are forced to take their own lives because of cruel and vindictive policies, when you realise what a parlous state the environment is in and that the threat of a no-deal Brexit is very real, I can't see how people can think the solution is Boris Johnson. Christ, the guy's been publicly supported by Tommy Robinson.

19 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If it is not a marginal in the Observer list does it matter?

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Honestly Joe, although the anti-semitism thing has been around Corbyn for a while, I'd always thought it was a cheap way of the right playing the left at their own game. Turning racism/discrimination into a game, making gross exagerations and giant leaps to try and convince people that the other side was evil.

It is used as a way to void peoples arguments, even those which have nothing to do with race/sex/religion etc.

I even started on this forum using it, not completely seriously, as a way to illustrate to people on here that misusing and deliberally mis-applying definitions of racism and discrimination should apply to "their side" as well.

I have to say I had seriously underestimated the problem within the labour party, and i've gone from thinking that Corbyn is an unfortunate buffoon who had simply muddled his way through dealing with unfair accusations, to thinking that there is something more sinister going on.

If you have any interest at all, there's a few twitter accounts with all of the social media screenshots and leaked "disciplinary" letters from Labour. They reckon that there's evidence of anti-semtic behaviour from 30 (THIRTY) of the current crop of Labour parliamentary candidates. Admittedly a handful of those are "merely" supporting other accused labour members, but still, the evidence on the others is staggering.

Corbyn has been endorsed by Andrew Anglin (An american neo-nazi and founder of the daily stormer) and Nick Griffin (of BNP fame).

The Jewish Labour Movement (who instigated the institutional racism investigation into Labour) dossier has been leaked now.

https://www.scribd.com/document/438367082/Redacted-JLM-Closing-Submission-to-the-EHRC

-70 sword statements from serving and ex-labour officials

-Additional 100+ testimonies from other labour members, both Jewish and non-jewish

-136 outstanding anti-semitism complaints within Labour as of October, with an additional 100+ never having been logged as an official complaint. (though labour deny these figures)

And the book I mentioned - Corbyn actually wrote a foreword in 2011, as reported by the times:

the work was a “great tome”, praising Hobson’s “brilliant, and very controversial at the time” analysis of the “pressures” behind western, and in particular British, imperialism at the turn of the 20th century.

The book referenced a conspiracy theory about how banks were being being used by Jews to influence society.

9 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

So it was a Labour policy that set him free?

Was the automatic release designed to cut overcrowding in prisons? To avoid building new prisons?.... seems ludicrous to me ... did the automatic release apply to sentencing guidelines? ie, guidelines 4 to 6 years automatic release after half served? So maximum possible 3 years which is below guideline minimum?

Archived