onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

19 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

It's hardly a serious interview though, having a cup of tea with the presenters of Dancing on Ice! 

Same then applies to Jeremy Corbyn who was also interviewed by the same "dancing on ice" presenters the day before and it was Phillip Schofield who got Corbyn at long last to apologise about the anti-semitism in the Labour party--something that Andrew Neil wasn't able to achieve!  Johnson was also interviewed on ITV last night by Robert Peston--a grilling that Corbyn has yet to subject himself to! So let's keep it objective please.

30 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Same then applies to Jeremy Corbyn who was also interviewed by the same "dancing on ice" presenters the day before and it was Phillip Schofield who got Corbyn at long last to apologise about the anti-semitism in the Labour party--something that Andrew Neil wasn't able to achieve!  Johnson was also interviewed on ITV last night by Robert Peston--a grilling that Corbyn has yet to subject himself to! So let's keep it objective please.

That as may be. However, suggesting that an interview with Schofield and Willoughby when most people are at work is on a par with a prime time interview with Andrew Neal is, in my view at least, a bit daft. 

As I've mentioned on the thread elsewhere, I'm also no fan of Corbyn. 

30 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Made yourself look a bit daft trying to claim a chin wag with Pip is the same as doing the tonight programme...

Watch the Corbyn interview on catch-up with Schofield when Jezza clearly gets rattled and loses his rag--don't think Jezza would have described it as a "friendly chin wag"!

28 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

That as may be. However, suggesting that an interview with Schofield and Willoughby when most people are at work is on a par with a prime time interview with Andrew Neal is, in my view at least, a bit daft. 

See my reply to Nofinikea above! I repeat; it was Schofield's persistent strong questioning that got Jezza to apologise (long overdue!) for antisemitism in the Labour party--as I said, something that Andrew Neil had singularly failed to do--so don't be so patronising to Phillip Schofield, especially if you didn't see the actual interview!

26 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I would've loved to see Johnson being interviewed by Neil. But honestly, if you think you could get away with not doing it, why would anyone in the campaign suggest that he do it? Yeah yeah, being scrutinised heavily. But all the other leaders got absolutely savaged and probably lost votes as a result. I would imagine that someone has done the maths and realised the negatives of doing the interview outweigh the negatives of being called out for not doing it.

I don't like it, but the Tories have done a sensible campaign trying to avoid any major flashpoints and it's worked. I don't think BoJo could've won the election by being in the headlines more, but he certainly could've lost it!

34 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Johnson is a coward and a liar.  Arguing against that fact is just making people look ridiculous.  At least have the balls to admit you support a liar, bigot and racist.

You really must read all my posts not just a selection. I have readily conceded that Johnson plays fast and loose with the truth--there you've (hopefully read it). Perhaps you can be equally big and publicly acknowledge that Corbyn, McDonnell and many Labour spokespersons have also 'bent the truth' to suit their argument. It works both ways. Or, are you seriously claiming that Corbyn & Co are spotlessly clean and whiter than white when it comes to truthfullness?  If so, you are more deluded than even your biased, subjective posts would suggest!

46 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Go and have another look at the interview he has ducked that all the other party leaders have done "pal".

Repeat: (you really should read more carefully) Johnson was grilled by Peston last night on his programme. Ask yourself, or more pertinently check how many times Corbyn has 'ducked' interviews with Peston and sent McDonnell in his place instead to be his 'fall guy'. As we've clearly seen with the Neil & Schofield interviews, Jezza is not the most quick-witted of individuals and has been seen to have lost his cool and be riled by both Schofield & Andrew Neil when pushed off the straight & narrow of his pre-prepared party line diatribes.

12 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

See my reply to Nofinikea above! I repeat; it was Schofield's persistent strong questioning that got Jezza to apologise (long overdue!) for antisemitism in the Labour party--as I said, something that Andrew Neil had singularly failed to do--so don't be so patronising to Phillip Schofield, especially if you didn't see the actual interview!

Corbyn apologised for anti-semitism in his party ages ago in a video.  Why is he being asked to do it by everyone who speaks to him?  Have any of the interviewers asked Johnson how many children he has?  Have they asked him to apologise to Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her family for his incompetence when he was Foreign Secretary?  Johnson, along with all the other leadership candidates, promised an investigation into Islamaphobia in the Tory Party - has Johnson been asked what progress he has made on this issue?  The media are falling over backwards to be kind to Johnson and he is being protected by Cummings and his mates from facing real scrutiny.  I might just vote Labour to annoy the bastards.

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

As I have said on here many times, all politicians lie.  The difference with Johnson is that he hardly ever does anything but lie.

Even for you that's taking unsubstantiated subjectivity to its limits!  Are you another claiming that Corbyn is ALWAYS truthful?  If so, you're clearly as naive as a few others on here.  And just to substantiate that one--he's still trying to claim the NHS is "for sale" despite all denials to the contrary from many including the president of the USA  and still, despite all the facts from the IFS showing it not to be true, insisting that only the top 5% of tax payers will pay more tax when evidently (not subjective) EVERY person who currently claims the marriage persons' allowance will have to pay more tax--Jezza under questioning from Andrew Neil wouldn't even admit that fact, but then quickly showed what a half-wit he really is, by immediately stating when pushed that it will "only be £250".  If that doesn't show what a bender of the truth he is, it actually shows something probably much worse; just how thick he really is.  If that's the sort of person you really want as your PM good luck!

10 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Repeat: (you really should read more carefully) Johnson was grilled by Peston last night on his programme. Ask yourself, or more pertinently check how many times Corbyn has 'ducked' interviews with Peston and sent McDonnell in his place instead to be his 'fall guy'. As we've clearly seen with the Neil & Schofield interviews, Jezza is not the most quick-witted of individuals and has been seen to have lost his cool and be riled by both Schofield & Andrew Neil when pushed off the straight & narrow of his pre-prepared party line diatribes.

And every time Johnson speaks in public, Cummings sends out a wifi signal to his brain and all he says is "Get Brexit Done". 

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

Even for you that's taking unsubstantiated subjectivity to its limits!  Are you another claiming that Corbyn is ALWAYS truthful? 

How on earth did you reach that conclusion from my statement that "all politicians lie"???????  That is the most bizarre thing you've ever written on here Bill - you're usually quite sensible.

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Corbyn apologised for anti-semitism in his party ages ago in a video.  Why is he being asked to do it by everyone who speaks to him?  Have any of the interviewers asked Johnson how many children he has?  Have they asked him to apologise to Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and her family for his incompetence when he was Foreign Secretary?  Johnson, along with all the other leadership candidates, promised an investigation into Islamaphobia in the Tory Party - has Johnson been asked what progress he has made on this issue?  The media are falling over backwards to be kind to Johnson and he is being protected by Cummings and his mates from facing real scrutiny.  I might just vote Labour to annoy the bastards.

He didn't apologise for the anti-semitism in the Labour party until the Schofield interview.  He has in the past used weesily words to say anything to avoid the direct apology. But (at long last) I concede that he gave an on the record apology to Schofield earlier this week--the first time he has ever done that--which is why it was the lead bulletin in virtually every TV news broadcast on that day!.

Archived