onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

7 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Fair post for me, Heatwave.

Was that Patrick Cormack's seat? You might as well pin a blue rosette on a pig there. 

Yes, South Staffordshire. I liked Patrick Cormack and he supported me in Parliament in one or two things I emailed him about. I don't really have a bad word to say about Gavin Williamson personally. But he's been prepared to support Johnson - possibly with the lure of Cabinet office - and on that count alone I couldn't vote for him. 

Advert

When I lived in Hereford many years ago I voted for Peter Temple-Morris (Tory). He was a superb local MP and tireless in his support for local people. He too helped me a lot especially when I had problems with the Tax Office (but that's another story). But he was in the old traditions of Macmillan, Heath, one-nation Toryism.

Oddly enough, years later he left the Tories and sat in the Lords as a Labour peer. His autobiography is revealing for the direction he felt the Tory Party was going in at the turn of the century and how he felt it no longer represented his views, with its growing intolerance of Europe, demonising immigrants, lack of social compassion, and all the rest of it. Amazing really as he appeared to be your typical Tory - very well turned out, very intelligent, very eloquent and good company. But he saw the light a long time before Major or Heseltine twigged what was going on.

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I'm sorry the word offends you but it is how I feel about our current tranche of politicians. 

It doesn't offend me but I think there are nicer words to use. 

1. 1.
    INFORMALOFFENSIVE
    a stupid person (used as a general term of abuse).

2. 2.
    DATEDMEDICINE
    a person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency.

48 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Educated

spacer.png

Uneducated

spacer.png

You confuse intelligence and education.  There are probably some unintelligent folk in that top picture.  Just because they went to Eton doesn't mean they are intelligent, it just means they have come from a rich family.  Johnson went to Eton and is as thick as pig sh** on certain matters.  Rees Mogg went to Eton and, whilst he knows a great deal about Classics, he has no emotional intelligence at all and sounds quite thick when asked an awkward question.

I don't dispute that Corbyn has a sound record of fighting injustice but that doesn't make him leadership material.  And, if as is predicted, all the three Stoke seats are won by the Tories, he will surely be dead meat?

11 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

You confuse intelligence and education. 

So why mention Corbyn's academic record? 

I'm genuinely interested (not saying that in any sneery way) in what Corbyn could have done to improve Labour's chances in Stoke. I think Central is tipped to remain Labour and I'd be unsurprised (although mighty relieved) if we get the other two too but, regardless, it's the Brexit vote that's making things difficult, isn't it? So, apart from positioning Labour as a pro-leave party, what could Jeremy Corbyn have done to improve the party's standing in Stoke?

1 minute ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

So why mention Corbyn's academic record? 

I'm genuinely interested (not saying that in any sneery way) in what Corbyn could have done to improve Labour's chances in Stoke. I think Central is tipped to remain Labour and I'd be unsurprised (although mighty relieved) if we get the other two too but, regardless, it's the Brexit vote that's making things difficult, isn't it? So, apart from positioning Labour as a pro-leave party, what could Jeremy Corbyn have done to improve the party's standing in Stoke?

Resigned.

18 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I've just deleted the post I was going to write as it's of zero interest to anyone, including (in the light of day) you and I.

If some of the things I've believed have subsequently been proven not to be so, that's not pushing fake news. There's no intent or deception there, no desire to lie or hoodwink. I insulted you because I believe you deserve insulting. If someone is telling lies and is then given proof that what they are saying is a fabrication, and they then continue to tell that lie, they're a bit of a tosser, IMO. I think it's probably best, certainly for this forum, if we ignore each other.

I notice you didn't have the wit or intellect to challenge any of the economic facts that you and your leftie friends like to pretend are not true .  Certainly suits me to ignore you as it's a very easy thing to do given the one-sided, subjective paucity of your usual postings!

You showed a link to some left wing looney mag which praised Labours economic manifesto and it was doable, yet if you looked at older posts from the same mag it was criticising the last Conservative budget asking how we can afford it. 

If you keep reading tripe you will end up believing it, you are past curing I’m afraid.

28 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

You showed a link to some left wing looney mag which praised Labours economic manifesto and it was doable, yet if you looked at older posts from the same mag it was criticising the last Conservative budget asking how we can afford it. 

If you keep reading tripe you will end up believing it, you are past curing I’m afraid.

I don't think there's any doubt that either Labour or the Tories would increase spending hugely. What is in doubt though is where the money would come from. While Labour have been quite open about the tax raising measures they would take Boris Johnson has been reticent - all he has mentioned to my knowledge is a delay in the cut in Corporation Tax. This leaves quite a large hole which you can't entirely put down to Brexit gains. 

I'm afraid that if the Conservatives get in again we'll all be made to pay one way or another. 

11 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

I'm afraid that if the Conservatives get in again we'll all be made to pay one way or another. 

We will be made to pay who ever gets in,the problem Labour have in my mind is all their promises are well documented no matter how fanciful or pie in the sky,if they dont deliver say on the waspi back payment ,they will never be trusted again,well in living memory anyway.  

I see where Rabb (who struggles to make a coherent point at the best of times) has indicated today that US companies could increase the price of drugs in any trade deal. The US have been telling us for years that they think they are subsidising us and prices should be much higher. The NHS is not safe in Tory hands.

56 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I see where Rabb (who struggles to make a coherent point at the best of times) has indicated today that US companies could increase the price of drugs in any trade deal. The US have been telling us for years that they think they are subsidising us and prices should be much higher. The NHS is not safe in Tory hands.

I have often wondered what would happen if an outside agency bought into the NHS and you could see a vast improvement, would patients complain then ?

Or should we just cock a snook and soldier on ?

Archived