onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

I believe Johnson hasn't turned up to the leaders' climate change debate tonight so they've got a melting ice sculpture in his place!

Come on. How on earth can anyone put their trust in a person like him who continues to avoid scrutiny.

He's been in his safe seats for most of the campaign, I'm unsure if he's done hustings in his own constituency (I don't think he has, but I stand to be corrected). And everywhere he's been he's taken criticism. Hiding away is no recommendation for PM. All the others have faced the music - often to their cost - but fair play, they have at least had the guts to turn up and field questions.

Advert

46 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

I agree, O'B does well here, and I do rather like his work.

Yes, the caller has swallowed a lot of lies and misinformation, from a number of sources. I'm genuinely interested to know what you think the 'vested interests' are?

I'm puzzled as to the motivation of Smeeth, Hodge and others who make such an issue of antisemitism in the Labour Party. There will undoubtedly be some in the PLP, but you can rest assured there are people throughout society who share those views.

From all that I've heard from Corbyn, he does not seem an antisemite, and to call him that because he is appalled at the way Palestinians have been treated, and stands up for their rights, is totally wrong.

Vested interests: basically those who want to stop a Corbyn-led Labour party from taking power. That includes certain Jewish people who are prepared to weaponise anti-Semitism to achieve their goal. It also includes press barons, some members of Labour Friends of Israel, Blairites, tories and people who hate Corbyn.

Equally appalling TT is the fact that the Tories are at it again - and deliberately altering Facebook adverts by the BBC.

I'm searching for a phrase that indicates lower than the gutter but struggling with the English language at the moment.

BBC News Press TeamVerified account @BBCNewsPR
FollowFollow @BBCNewsPR
MorWe’re aware of Conservative Party Facebook adverts using edited BBC content. This is a completely unacceptable use of BBC content which distorts our output and which could damage perceptions of our impartiality. We are asking the Conservatives to remove these adverts.

8 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Notice Billy Liar is the only leader missing from tonight's leaders debate. And also he has not committed to the interview with Andrew Neill. Is he running scared. Remember what happened to Theresa May when she was to frightened to take part.

To be fair I'd put money on the ice monument to win in a debate with Corbyn.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/boris-johnson-women-column-specatt_uk_5ddee7e2e4b0d50f329bd4af

I'm not a violent man but I'd be delighted if someone out of him for saying this. Cock-a-<ovf censored>-hoop. I was raised by my mum on her own and I still remember the awful stigmatising from the Conservative Party. I remember how hard they made it for us as a family to cope financially, how tory ministers vilified women for merely having to raise kids on their own (obviously no criticism of the absent fathers) and how there was a real stigma just because we didn't have a dad living with us. They may try and present a caring face nowadays but underneath all the One Nation tory bluster, they're still the same. Utter <ovf censored> <ovf censored> to a man.

How can we treat people like this? How can we vote for more of the same? This could happen to any one of us and it's <ovf censored> disgusting that disabled people are treated like this now. I work with people who are called for these interviews and the scummy tricks used, ordered by this government, are shameful.

Many of the assessors are student nurses. The government has taken away these nurses' bursaries so they're desperate for money. The government pays assessors more for refusing claims than accepting them. Ergo more claims are declined. Of all the cases that go to appeal, 75% are then approved. There's basically an unofficial policy of declining claims in the hope people don't appeal. Disabled parking bays are often purposely situated away from the interview building and under CCTV cameras so the assessor can watch how the person struggles with mobility. The assessors are instructed to ask 'how are you' when the disabled person enters and a natural response of 'I'm ok' or 'fine thanks' counts against them. It's absolutely barbaric and shameful.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

" single mothers who were “uppity and irresponsible” for getting pregnant out of wedlock ".

Of course when Johnson got women pregant out of wedlock he just got them to have an abortion then lied about it to his boss.

Wed lock....... an interesting word.

Social Care at work.My mum has been in hospital this last week.She will now be having 2 carers 3 times a day ,an occupational therapist to discuss her home needs and a physio when required.She comes home today ,her care starts today.No waiting time.When she was in hospital on numerous occasions new nurses were being shown around her ward.Some were from as far as Singapore.

16 hours ago, TheSage said:

Yet again, your biased comments colour your every post.

I notice that the IFS has also heavily criticised the Tories as well but for some strange reason you haven't mentioned that. Why was that? Just an oversight I'm sure.

You also fail to mention the damage that Brexit will do to our economy.

The head of the IFS said he could think of no benefits of Brexit to the economy, that it had already cost the UK nearly £70 billion in lost revenue, and any type of deal would be much worse than remaining. A No Deal Brexit in particular would prolong austerity and torpedo the economy for years to come.

What about that?

Just trying to be helpful.

For the umpteenth time, I'm not a Brexiteer--I voted remain--but you can't keep re-running the Brexit campaign, a decision (however wrong you may feel it to be--and I wouldn't disagree) was made democraticly! 

Not an oversight about the Tories' spending plans--if you refer back you will see at least 2 posts in which I have outlined my concerns (even before the IFS did) about the Conservatives' spending pledges which I felt were unaffordable.  But these are nowhere near the scale of Labour's and if you read the IFS report closely, they (like me) express concern with the levels of promised Tory expenditure, but are absolutely scathing about Labour's promises with comments such as "unachievable" and "not realistic" for both their spending and tax plans!

Archived