onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

Calling someone a terrorist sympathiser is usually a lazy way of putting people off looking deeper into the issues and you can understand why Israel would want to do that.

I remember Thatcher calling Nelson Mandela a terrorist when her husband was making millions in the racist South Africa. 

The tories will want to fight a dirty campaign as if you look closely at their record it is a disgrace and lets see that report on Russian interference in our politics before we vote. 

Advert

I'm no professed expert on these matters but there has clearly been a problem in some places with anti-Jewish rhetoric/behaviour, otherwise these public announcements from some Jewish leaders would not be there. I doubt JC is anti-semitic. Condemning sometimes the actions of the Israeli state (as I too would do) does not mean per se he's anti the Jewish race. What appears to have occurred is that there has been some isolated incidents that were not dealt with as rapidly as they should have been. And that's unacceptable and not right. But it's no surprise that the right wing press have jumped on this bandwagon and used it as yet another stick with which to beat JC. If you examine some of the research done about this you will fund that 90% of all articles about JC in the press are very aggressive/negative, whereas the opposite stats are true of BJ. Amazing isn't it?

The Tories have issues with Islamophobia which don't get front page coverage and are avoided by their allies in the printed media. 4/10 Tory members want a reduction in the number of Muslims coming here. 25 current/ex-current Tory councillors have been brought to task lately about their comments. We had the appalling Windrush scandal too. And now we have a great many friends of Tommy Robinson and UKIP joining the Tory Party and voting for them. I wonder why? It isn't only one party that has some isolated issues with treating everyone with respect and tolerance.

If the law is broken I am sure those doing so will be brought to account. And we should all try to stamp out and condemn prejudice and develop a more tolerant and equal society.

By the way, I don't recall all this childish name calling nonsense about supporting terrorists being applied to John Major when he was talking to to the IRA to cement the Good Friday agreement. 

15 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The deal had passed the second reading in the Commons. It was Johnson who then pulled it, not any of the other parties. Why did he do that???

Because after it had passed there was a motion put to parliament to once again delay its second reading! Labour, SNP & Lib-Dems up to the same tricks they have all along to thwart Brexit.  I understand why they did it and as an original remain voter, I even have a little empathy, but as a democrat, I can't condone this obvious ploy to stymie democracy and that I suspect is the very reason that Boris pushed for the GE--probably the only way to unlock this moribund parliament and arguably much more democratic than a second referendum would be!

54 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Calling someone a terrorist sympathiser is usually a lazy way of putting people off looking deeper into the issues and you can understand why Israel would want to do that.

I remember Thatcher calling Nelson Mandela a terrorist when her husband was making millions in the racist South Africa. 

The tories will want to fight a dirty campaign as if you look closely at their record it is a disgrace and lets see that report on Russian interference in our politics before we vote. 

So let me get this right.Johnson is backed by the Russians and wants to sell the NHS to the USA?What is he ,a ******* double agent or something?

Anyone see Labour’s last hope,Sturgeon,get destroyed by Andrew Neal last night.I look forward to another demolition job tonight.

13 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I'm no professed expert on these matters but there has clearly been a problem in some places with anti-Jewish rhetoric/behaviour, otherwise these public announcements from some Jewish leaders would not be there. I doubt JC is anti-semitic. Condemning sometimes the actions of the Israeli state (as I too would do) does not mean per se he's anti the Jewish race. What appears to have occurred is that there has been some isolated incidents that were not dealt with as rapidly as they should have been. And that's unacceptable and not right. But it's no surprise that the right wing press have jumped on this bandwagon and used it as yet another stick with which to beat JC. If you examine some of the research done about this you will fund that 90% of all articles about JC in the press are very aggressive/negative, whereas the opposite stats are true of BJ. Amazing isn't it?

The Tories have issues with Islamophobia which don't get front page coverage and are avoided by their allies in the printed media. 4/10 Tory members want a reduction in the number of Muslims coming here. 25 current/ex-current Tory councillors have been brought to task lately about their comments. We had the appalling Windrush scandal too. And now we have a great many friends of Tommy Robinson and UKIP joining the Tory Party and voting for them. I wonder why? It isn't only one party that has some isolated issues with treating everyone with respect and tolerance.

If the law is broken I am sure those doing so will be brought to account. And we should all try to stamp out and condemn prejudice and develop a more tolerant and equal society.

By the way, I don't recall all this childish name calling nonsense about supporting terrorists being applied to John Major when he was talking to to the IRA to cement the Good Friday agreement. 

I didn’t see Major going to many terrorists funerals either.

16 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

The waspi women eh? Let's disregard the actual working age people and throw thousands at 1950's women whom are probably already enjoying paid up mortgages and holidays abroad. Let's make them richer and more affluent whilst taking pennies from the working poor....sounds familiar

Here's my verdict on that...Get stuffed Labour 

Precisely!  Apparently Theresa May under Labour's proposal will stand to gain £22K--it's really touching that Labour is so set on looking after those poor, downtrodden WASPI ladies.

Being more serious, I'm sure there will be quite a few deserving cases, but again another badly thought-out populist idea has consequences (and costs) way beyond the justification they attribute to it.  At every turn and utterance the Labour top brass proves what a singular disaster it would be if they were ever to be put in charge of the country!

18 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Heh, I saw that. What a repugnant, morally bankrupt bunch of liars the tories are. Johnson leading from the top.

As opposed to this quote from the Chief Rabbi, Ephraim Mirvis this morning: "the Labour leader's claim to have dealt with all the allegations of antisemitism is a mendacious fiction".  Can't get much more damning than that!  I've never claimed that Boris is cleaner than clean, and goodness knows there have been lots of not so faultless election tactics by all parties in the election so far (with no doubt more to come) but your continuing insistence that your beloved Jeremy & Co are a bunch of angels who never do anything or say anything untruthful is so totally inaccurate and wide of the mark--please be a little more open-eyed.

25 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Because after it had passed there was a motion put to parliament to once again delay its second reading! Labour, SNP & Lib-Dems up to the same tricks they have all along to thwart Brexit.  I understand why they did it and as an original remain voter, I even have a little empathy, but as a democrat, I can't condone this obvious ploy to stymie democracy and that I suspect is the very reason that Boris pushed for the GE--probably the only way to unlock this moribund parliament and arguably much more democratic than a second referendum would be!

His deal was approved in principle. The 3 day timetable was then rightly rejected (nowhere near enough time to scrutinise the bill) so Boris called an election! 

10 hours ago, geosname said:

Take a close look at the posts on this thread and you will see what politics has become..... a school yard squabble. 

You side did this...... yeah but your side did this.... yeah but your side is worser.... no your side is worser because I said so...... on and on......

All politicians lie.... their priority is winning..... what they do when they win has little resemblance to what they promised to do when trying to buy votes to win.

Whoever wins won't be paying the price for their failure it's the poor sods who voted them in and everyone who voted against them.

Whataboutery, a rhetoric style based on Tu quoque, used by the Soviet Union, then adopted by US politicians.

Archived