onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

6 hours ago, Andyregs said:

Not saying it can’t be better. I’d happily pay more taxes for it. However at least I know that if I lose my job and hit rock bottom, I’ll still be looked jut the same after if I fall ill. And it will cost less to do.

As I've said previously it's the best idea we ever had, it was over budget in its first year and it's never been able to keep pace.... it was built on needs in late 40s and 50s and bits were stuck on as needed subsequently but the pieces never quite fit.... I wouldn't want to change the cradle to grave ethos but it needs rebuilding from the ground up with planning for the next century included, although forecasts are unreliable.... massive task, huge undertaking with mind numbing financial costs.... but worth it.

Advert

55 minutes ago, geosname said:

As I've said previously it's the best idea we ever had, it was over budget in its first year and it's never been able to keep pace.... it was built on needs in late 40s and 50s and bits were stuck on as needed subsequently but the pieces never quite fit.... I wouldn't want to change the cradle to grave ethos but it needs rebuilding from the ground up with planning for the next century included, although forecasts are unreliable.... massive task, huge undertaking with mind numbing financial costs.... but worth it.

It is not the ground up that is the problem, it is the top down, money is a side issue apart from acknowledging population growth and increasing age requirements.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

What do you mean ‘rebuilding from the ground up’ though. 

14 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

You're not getting it are you?  Corbyn doesn't just "talk" with terrorists, he positively backs and supports them as is evidenced many, many times over the years--as too, does McDonnell, so for me, in the context of security neither of them is fit to be PM. The one thing we can agree on is that McDonnell is clearly much brighter than Corbyn and for that reason IMO, far more dangerous for the country!

If there was any evidence Corbyn was a risk to national security I'm sure the Tories would be shouting it from the rooftops. They're not. In the meantime you're just spouting the drivel conjured up by the more fevered imaginations of the Daily Mail leader writers.

Give it a rest.

5 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

It is not the ground up that is the problem, it is the top down, money is a side issue apart from acknowledging population growth and increasing age requirements.

If you build from the ground up you can cut the top off..... and all the waste inbetween.

5 hours ago, Andyregs said:

What do you mean ‘rebuilding from the ground up’ though. 

Making the decision to incorporate all health issues, getting rid of any for profit companies, taking responsibility away from local authorities, remove the need for charitable support

9 hours ago, Heatwave said:

If there was any evidence Corbyn was a risk to national security I'm sure the Tories would be shouting it from the rooftops. They're not. In the meantime you're just spouting the drivel conjured up by the more fevered imaginations of the Daily Mail leader writers.

Give it a rest.

I never read the Daily Mail!  However I do read other better-informed publications and to quote a couple of comments from a piece from yesterday's Sunday Times: "We had the spectacle last week of the Labour leader grieving over the ousting of the former Bolivian president, Evo Morales. Corbyn tweated in support of Morales; "I stand with the Bolivian people for democracy, social justice & independence" even though Morales had sought an unconstitutional 4th term in office and Human Rights Watch has long criticised his regime for abuses of power!  Tellingly, only Russia, Venezuela, Cuba & Mexico joined Corbyn in condemning the removal of Morales from office!

And, while even Russia conceded that the death of Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi counted as a blow to trrorism, your beloved Jezza prattled on an LBC radio programme; "If it's possible to arrest someone and put them on trial, then that is what should have been done".  He of course had also previously described the killing of Osama Bin Laden as a "tragedy"!  The only tragedy is that we are even contemplating such a person as Corbyn to be a candidate for PM of Great Brtain! The anti-semitism coursing through Labour is proving beyond Corbyn's abilities to erradicate, just as his fondness for anti-western groups such as Hamas & Hezbollah is well known and chronicled over the years.  Please open your eyes.

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

I never read the Daily Mail!  However I do read other better-informed publications and to quote a couple of comments from a piece from yesterday's Sunday Times: "We had the spectacle last week of the Labour leader grieving over the ousting of the former Bolivian president, Evo Morales. Corbyn tweated in support of Morales; "I stand with the Bolivian people for democracy, social justice & independence" even though Morales had sought an unconstitutional 4th term in office and Human Rights Watch has long criticised his regime for abuses of power!  Tellingly, only Russia, Venezuela, Cuba & Mexico joined Corbyn in condemning the removal of Morales from office!

And, while even Russia conceded that the death of Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi counted as a blow to trrorism, your beloved Jezza prattled on an LBC radio programme; "If it's possible to arrest someone and put them on trial, then that is what should have been done".  He of course had also previously described the killing of Osama Bin Laden as a "tragedy"!  The only tragedy is that we are even contemplating such a person as Corbyn to be a candidate for PM of Great Brtain! The anti-semitism coursing through Labour is proving beyond Corbyn's abilities to erradicate, just as his fondness for anti-western groups such as Hamas & Hezbollah is well known and chronicled over the years.  Please open your eyes.

Corbyn does not believe in colonisation, e,g, Ireland is one country, Palestine is a country and part should not have been occupied  by Israel after the founding of Israel, which according to international law is illegal and  building on occupied land is a war crime according to the UN, but the UK and US oppose the UN so nothing is done, quite the contrary. He is also a pacifist, what good have the continual wars in the Middle East done?. Would anyone in the UK authorise a atom bomb strike? The purpose of MAD is never. I have no idea whether he would make a PM but the bar is very low. Another eye opener, many views are required to get at the true picture, whether opinions change that is another matter. 

21 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Corbyn does not believe in colonisation, e,g, Ireland is one country, Palestine is a country and part should not have been occupied  by Israel after the founding of Israel, which according to international law is illegal and  building on occupied land is a war crime according to the UN, but the UK and US oppose the UN so nothing is done, quite the contrary. He is also a pacifist, what good have the continual wars in the Middle East done?. Would anyone in the UK authorise a atom bomb strike? The purpose of MAD is never. I have no idea whether he would make a PM but the bar is very low. Another eye opener, many views are required to get at the true picture, whether opinions change that is another matter. 

The whole point of the deterrent is not knowing if it will be used.... that's the deterrent..... once people know there is no deterrent, unless they know you will..... for anyone with the trigger to say they never will nullifies the retaliation threat.... that's what jezza did..... if he had kept his mouth shut it wouldn't be a problem.

36 minutes ago, geosname said:

The whole point of the deterrent is not knowing if it will be used.... that's the deterrent..... once people know there is no deterrent, unless they know you will..... for anyone with the trigger to say they never will nullifies the retaliation threat.... that's what jezza did..... if he had kept his mouth shut it wouldn't be a problem.

I know, he has too many principles to be a conventional PM. But  in practice when would the button be pressed? Initial strike after a Cobra meeting, he refuses then the Queen dismisses him? MAD has failed, no time to call a Cobra meeting, any point in retaliating? All hypothetical I know, under what circumstances would we be at risk? I cannot believe any but a rogue strike could happen, then what is the point in retaliating?  

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I know, he has too many principles to be a conventional PM. But  in practice when would the button be pressed? Initial strike after a Cobra meeting, he refuses then the Queen dismisses him? MAD has failed, no time to call a Cobra meeting, any point in retaliating? All hypothetical I know, under what circumstances would we be at risk? I cannot believe any but a rogue strike could happen, then what is the point in retaliating?  

It's not about retaliating it's about the deterrent..... if you say you would never use it it's not a deterrent.... if it's not a detterent why spend billions on it.... why keep it....... it's just a pile of very expensive junk gathering dust

5 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I'm not questioning is beliefs.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However it is very definitely his suitability to hold the office of PM whose first duty is to the security of the citizens of the UK.  Quite clearly, given his beliefs, he is not a justifiable candidate for that particular office and responsibility for security that goes with it!

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Possible future scenario:  Jezza is PM. Most of the north of the UK has been "nuked" by Russia or a rogue state, London and the south  is the next target what will he do then?   Have a chat (as Emily Thornerry last week suggested) with his cabinet collegues who after a lot of debate decide that they feel it would be much better to start a dialogue with the rogue state--the mind boggles! The whole 'senior' strata of Labour are a complete joke when it comes to the country's security!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, geosname said:

What's even more illogical, is that Labour's official policy seems to back £130 billion investment in renewing a Trident threat that their leader then says he wouldn't use--you couldn't make it up--if it wasn't so serious, it would be really funny!

Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi committed suicide killing his two children in the process, by detonating a suicide vest.

Corbyn stated he would have tried to talk to him,pound says he wouldn't have gone within a million miles of him while he was wearing that vest,and if he didn't talk to himself who would he have sent to do his talking for him ?

Archived