onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

39 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

So do we need to raise more taxes or do we need to cut our cloth accordingly?

We need to invest. It's not Labour whinging about a magic money tree every time there's talk of investing in this country, or go on about needing to cut our cloth accordingly, it's the tories, yet they seem to summon up money at will every time it suits, usually for pretty self-serving interests.

40 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Lets scratch the tax cuts and the brexit from that list though as the country voted for both.

They voted for neither. The tax cuts are what an unelected PM has stated he will bring in and no-one knows who/ how many voted for a no-deal Brexit.

Advert

The only thing we can be sure of is that we’ll hear plenty of empty promises made by each side, millions wasted in negative electioneering spin, plus, whoever gets voted in, another bunch incompetent clowns at the helm of the rudderless ship, mostly incapable of thinking for themselves let alone running the country.

Other than this we’ll be in a good place 😬

Just now, For Us All said:

Would the people in Wales and Stafford agree that it's safe in Labour's hands?

I have an appointment to see a consultant at the QE Birmingham in May 2020.Yesterday I was offered an appointment for next week instead.I can’t make next week but was offered one in January,which I accepted. NHS England under  Conservatives,working for the people.Waiting time in reverse.

17 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Are you being serious? If so you'll have to question the motives of every politician of every colour who has had to deal with terrorism and terrorists over many decades.

Having sympathy for people such as the Palestinians is a long way from supporting a terrorist cause. Dealing with the terrorists is the day job for a front line politician. 

Unfortunately your beloved Jeremy has got too much historical form in supporting many terrorist groups and his recent knee-jerk reactions over Bolivia and the Russian poisonings in Salisbury clearly show he hasn't changed one iota.  When countries such as Australia state publicly that they won't share security information with us if Corbyn is PM then we have a real problem. 

And don't get me started on Labour's and in particular Corbyn's stance on Trident and our nuclear deterrent.  Anyone who watched the car-crash interview Emily Thornberry had with ITV's Good Morning programme last week will know just how ridiculous & dangerous it will be to have Jezza as our "Commander in Chief"!!

10 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

They voted for neither. The tax cuts are what an unelected PM has stated he will bring in and no-one knows who/ how many voted for a no-deal Brexit.

The tories have won the most seats in the last few elections and 17.4m voted for brexit.

No deal brexit was made up after the referendum as a way to split the brexit vote and overturn the majority. WE were told clearly what brexit would mean during the election. It would mean leaving the single market and customs union. 17.4m voted for it.

19 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Are you being serious? If so you'll have to question the motives of every politician of every colour who has had to deal with terrorism and terrorists over many decades.

Having sympathy for people such as the Palestinians is a long way from supporting a terrorist cause. Dealing with the terrorists is the day job for a front line politician. 

I'm thinking more about Labour's relationships with Trump and Putin?

17 hours ago, TheSage said:

Can I translate that for you? It is factually true and only fools who don't bother to make themselves aware of the facts don't believe it.

In the last ten years the NHS has received increases in its budget of 1.5% a year. This compares to an average of 3.7% overall each year since the forties. That's why it's in crisis. Take into account inflation and the fact that people were living longer (and even that's gone down lately) and you can see why the NHS is struggling. They are the facts, although you won't like them.

Hence we now have all 4 main targets missed, patients waiting for hours and hours at A&E, stuck on trolleys and sitting on floors in corridors, struggling to get appointments and having operations cancelled. Surgeries have been closed down and only last week there was mention of patients seeing GPs standing up to get more through the system! What an appalling indictment.

We are the 6th richest country in the world. It's a political choice how you cut the cake. Fund the NHS fully or squander £80 billion already on Brexit plus the £39 billion divorce bill, pay the DUP £5 billion to keep them sweet, tax cuts for wealthy corporations and handouts for the rich. Grayling himself squandered over £30 billion with his crackpot failed schemes.

And Winter has not even started yet.

NHS or HS2?  No brainier for me. 

8 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Unfortunately your beloved Jeremy has got too much historical form in supporting many terrorist groups and his recent knee-jerk reactions over Bolivia and the Russian poisonings in Salisbury clearly show he hasn't changed one iota.  When countries such as Australia state publicly that they won't share security information with us if Corbyn is PM then we have a real problem. 

And don't get me started on Labour's and in particular Corbyn's stance on Trident and our nuclear deterrent.  Anyone who watched the car-crash interview Emily Thornberry had with ITV's Good Morning programme last week will know just how ridiculous & dangerous it will be to have Jezza as our "Commander in Chief"!!

He's not 'my beloved Jeremy' as I think Labour would have a much better chance at winning if, say John McDonnell was in the hot seat. But if you criticise Corbyn for talking to terrorists you have to criticise every Prime Minister of at least the last 50 years, including Thatcher. 

3 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Why either? Why not both?

HS2 is targetted at certain areas of the country and there are huge chunks which will not benefit at all.  The cost of it is escalating by the day and the benefits will be anything other than evenly spread.  Spend the money on the NHS instead where all will benefit.

Archived