onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

28 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Because before the referendum he was pro EU.  Immediately after the referendum he wrote in his Telegraph column:

"I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe, and always will be. There will still be intense and intensifying European cooperation and partnership in a huge number of fields: the arts, the sciences, the universities, and on improving the environment. EU citizens living in this country will have their rights fully protected, and the same goes for British citizens living in the EU. 

British people will still be able to go and work in the EU; to live; to travel; to study; to buy homes and to settle down. As the German equivalent of the CBI – the BDI – has very sensibly reminded us, there will continue to be free trade, and access to the single market. Britain is and always will be a great European power, offering top-table opinions and giving leadership on everything from foreign policy to defence to counter-terrorism and intelligence-sharing – all the things we need to do together to make our world safer."

That doesn't sound like a bloke who wants a clean break from Europe to me.

Most of them boasted about the Norway deal before hand. This no deal rubbish started after the result. It was assumed by many upon the event of a leave vote winning different options would be talked about such as the single market, Not we are lock stock full on leaving everything even if it is detrimental to our countries economy. Leave never meant leave in a no deal Brexit way. Even stated in the article I posted if the leave remain vote had been the same percentage but vice versa indeed Farage would have campaigned for another referendum. This leave means leave thing is a load of rubbish. So I agree with you there about Johnson etc. 

Advert

5 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Pointless having another vote, we had one which wasn’t floored and leave won so accept it and move on.

But But it would have been different had the vote not gone the way of leave ???   The fact is leave only narrowly won which gives ground for a second referendum.   Here rad what Farage says about a second referendum before the last one https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681?usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D&fbclid=IwAR3rg3LPh2uNKC4pzHYnt2NVGvnbZE-XN4Eqz3oK0sBQgIvoCrA608iffvM&amp_js_v=0.1#aoh=15732533092705&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

1 hour ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

Most of them boasted about the Norway deal before hand. This no deal rubbish started after the result. It was assumed by many upon the event of a leave vote winning different options would be talked about such as the single market, Not we are lock stock full on leaving everything even if it is detrimental to our countries economy. Leave never meant leave in a no deal Brexit way. Even stated in the article I posted if the leave remain vote had been the same percentage but vice versa indeed Farage would have campaigned for another referendum. This leave means leave thing is a load of rubbish. So I agree with you there about Johnson etc. 

The leaving with no deal was the default position of article 50 which the vast majority of MPs voted for.... there has to be a default position if no deal has been agreed.... if the default position had been remain that's what we fall back to if a deal is not agreed.

The deal in question was the divorce settlement not trade deals or future relationships.

There is always a default position if you can't negotiate a deal..... walk away.

We can't talk about the other options until an agreement on the divorce settlement has been agreed.... that was the EU ruling.

11 hours ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

But But it would have been different had the vote not gone the way of leave ???   The fact is leave only narrowly won which gives ground for a second referendum.   Here rad what Farage says about a second referendum before the last one https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681?usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D&fbclid=IwAR3rg3LPh2uNKC4pzHYnt2NVGvnbZE-XN4Eqz3oK0sBQgIvoCrA608iffvM&amp_js_v=0.1#aoh=15732533092705&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Yes he did say that but he isn't saying that he would ignore the result of the first one and demand that we left anyway should leave lose.

He's saying he will carry on his lifes work, convincing people that the EU is a load of garbage.

I'm not against a second referendum in a few years time. But it would have to be after we've left and given leaving a good go first.

That paragraph about Corbyn is utter <ovf censored>. Regurgitated hogwash. I wish Corbyn would sue the backside of him because that is <ovf censored> libellous. Guess it shouldn't come as any surprise that the tory is now voting for a woman who voted on the government's side more times than Michael Gove or Jeremy Hunt.

Yet Corbyn never does sue anyone who says these things. If it's not true, surely it would be in his interest to do so? The argument that "Labour will win if we are allowed to put our side across" is now wearing a bit thin, 4 weeks out from the election. The time is for putting their side across is now, and that involves stopping smears being spread as it will affect the election. This, of course, assumes the smears are untrue.  

25 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

That paragraph about Corbyn is utter <ovf censored>. Regurgitated hogwash. I wish Corbyn would sue the backside of him because that is <ovf censored> libellous. Guess it shouldn't come as any surprise that the tory is now voting for a woman who voted on the government's side more times than Michael Gove or Jeremy Hunt.

Personally, I thought it a well-balanced and thoughtful piece that spelled out some of the difficult choices we've all got in our various constituencies. He was quite even-handed I thought. He wasn't exactly 'kind' to Boris Johnson or The Conservatives, so I'm not sure why you're only getting worked-up about the comments relating to Corbyn? 

I'm guessing that any victory, thanks to all the dirt being raked and slurs being thrown around, would be Pyrrhic.  

That paragraph by Boles though, 

If Labour wins a majority next month, the public will vote to install an anti-Semite in No 10 Downing Street. A man who let Momentum’s stormtroopers hound a young Jewish mother, Luciana Berger, out of the Labour Party and stood by while they tried to deselect one of Labour’s leading lights in London, Margaret Hodge. A man who, as lifelong Labour supporter Ian Austin said last week, has made a career out of backing Britain’s enemies and attacking our friends.

"Momentum stormtroopers" lol. "Stood by when they tried to deselect one of Labour's leading lights in London" You mean someone who has consistently attempted to undermine the leader since day one? What a ducking prlck.

5 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Personally, I thought it a well-balanced and thoughtful piece that spelled out some of the difficult choices we've all got in our various constituencies. He was quite even-handed I thought. He wasn't exactly 'kind' to Boris Johnson or The Conservatives, so I'm not sure why you're only getting worked-up about the comments relating to Corbyn? 

Because he's lying? Because he's being disingenuous? I don't care what he said about Borrissey; why do you keep pointing out that I'm being one sided?

It really rattles my <ovf censored> when the "sensible middle ground" gets lauded as some intelligent third way when they're just so demonstrably full of <ovf censored>, spitting out lies and playing to establishment memes. Ah, lovely sensible Jo Swinson, supporter of cuts to disability benefits, accepting of monies from fracking companies, so in love with Europe that she refuses to work with the only man who can actually stop Brexit. That paragraph in the Boles piece, far from coming from some sensible middle of the road politician, could have come straight from tory HQ. 

Here's your lovely sensible Nick Boles.

How Nicholas Boles voted on Welfare and Benefits #

• Generally voted for reducing housing benefit for social tenants deemed to have excess bedrooms (which Labour describe as the "bedroom tax")
  • Consistently voted against raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices
  • Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability
  • Consistently voted for making local councils responsible for helping those in financial need afford their council tax and reducing the amount spent on such support
  • Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits
  • Consistently voted against spending public money to create guaranteed jobs for young people who have spent a long time unemployed

And then he has the temerity to state "But I will vote for Jo Swinson’s candidate because... the Liberal Democrats will insist on electoral reform and the introduction of a proportional voting system" when he "Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs"

So save your hypocritical handwringing, you rotten old minge.

Archived