onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Erection - 12th December 2019

mr.hobblesworth

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

If you want remain so much why not just vote Liberal?

Firstly, the GE shouldn't be about one issue. Secondly, you can't trust the liberals. Thirdly, I will be voting in N-u-L where it's a two horse race. You have to vote tactically- either Labour or Conservative.

Advert

1 minute ago, ginge said:

But they're not going to win. So theyre shooting themselves in the foot. Greens want a second vote. They dont agree on many policies. But they have stepped aside as you pointed out.

Have they stepped aside for Labour or lib dems?

I suspect greens don't want to leave, full stop.... lib dems could swing enough votes to hold the balance of power..... I think the greens don't give Labour much chance of winning.....

If a smaller party or group hold the balance of power they could have an unbeatable hand

4 minutes ago, ginge said:

Firstly, the GE shouldn't be about one issue. Secondly, you can't trust the liberals. Thirdly, I will be voting in N-u-L where it's a two horse race. You have to vote tactically- either Labour or Conservative.

Firstly it shouldn't but probably will be.

Secondly you can't

Thirdly you can't trust any of them

11 minutes ago, geosname said:

The policies on brexit alone would inhibit lib dems and Labour alliance.... lib dems are going after Labour votes because that's where they can gain the most.... one wants to cancel brexit the other doesn't.... no meeting of minds.

I think they will be disappointed, out of 150 seats where they are 2nd requiring up to a 26% swing to gain,  only 23 are Labour, with only 2 Labour seats less than a 10K margin. Their gains if any will come  from Con remain areas in the South West  mainly. 

5 minutes ago, ginge said:

So you're not voting then?

I will do as I believe in Democracy. For whom I haven’t decide on yet but I bet you can guess who I will not be voting for it that they stand a chance of getting in down here as it has always been contested between Liberal and Conservatives. I won’t be voting based on any trust or allegiance to any political party.

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Said the same myself, why shouldn't there be a 2nd referendum after all the 1st one was won on lies which isn't how the democratic process should work.

Farage is a dangerous man and will employ any tactic to get his way, he has no evidence the UK will be better off out of Europe, in fact the evidence strongly suggests the opposite. Farage has come to a position of prominence and influence in UK politics by the back door, he couldn't get elected as an MP. His scheming and manipulative ways know no limits.

That's EXACTLY how the democratic process should work:  the most number of votes, whether it be a by-election, a council election, a general election or even a referendum entails that side winning.  Although I was a remain voter in the referendum and, extremely gutted that the leave vote was greater in that election, as a DEMOCRAT I have to accept the verdict of the voters.  It seems to me that anyone arguing for another referendum is not being democratic. Apart from which, what questions would you propose to ask at a 2nd referendum and if that didn't go the way you hope it would (presumably away from Brexit?) would you then argue for another one, then another one until you got your own way forward? Seems to me that you don't have a clue about DEMOCRACY!

As far as lies are concerned, many were told by both sides in the Brexit argument. You're very deluded and naive if you don't realise that all the political parties fighting this election  will be bombarding you with 'spin' and sometimes distorted truths/lies.

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I think they will be disappointed, out of 150 seats where they are 2nd requiring up to a 26% swing to gain,  only 23 are Labour, with only 2 Labour seats less than a 10K margin. Their gains if any will come  from Con remain areas in the South West  mainly. 

They aren't going solely for Labour voters..... they are just trying to use Labour's "uncertainty" against them

8 minutes ago, geosname said:

Have they stepped aside for Labour or lib dems?

I suspect greens don't want to leave, full stop.... lib dems could swing enough votes to hold the balance of power..... I think the greens don't give Labour much chance of winning.....

If a smaller party or group hold the balance of power they could have an unbeatable hand

Many of Labour MPs would support remain in another vote. Hence why theyre advocating a second vote. Greens support the same. The lib dems and greens have plenty of policy differences but they have a pact in some areas- you pointed that out?!  

Archived