onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ian Wright on fans attacking players on social media (Like Ryan Lloyd)

Iron Curtain

Leon Legge is a gentleman of the highest order. A leader, who sets great examples for the other players. So it’s even more impressive that he can take complaints and respond so well in the cesspool that is Twitter.  Zhaka is a nasty little player who always seems to end up in the book for both Arsenal and Switzerland, but he doesn’t deserve being booed by his own fans.  No player does. 

Advert

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Leon Legge interacts well with fans on twitter. Debates well with fan complaints and responds positively when good points are made. 

That says a lot about the man. He comes across as a good captain who the players respect too. 

3 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Leon Legge is a gentleman of the highest order. A leader, who sets great examples for the other players. So it’s even more impressive that he can take complaints and respond so well in the cesspool that is Twitter.  Zhaka is a nasty little player who always seems to end up in the book for both Arsenal and Switzerland, but he doesn’t deserve being booed by his own fans.  No player does. 

I agree that Legge is a credit to our club, and is an excellent stand-in captain. A proper leader, seems genuinely committed to us in what is most likely the last long-term contract he'll get in pro football, and an all-round good bloke.

Same goes for Brown and Joyce. Fair play to Aspin, he picked up 3 fantastic veterans for us there, who I imagine are fundamental to the dressing room.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I agree that Legge is a credit to our club, and is an excellent stand-in captain. A proper leader, seems genuinely committed to us in what is most likely the last long-term contract he'll get in pro football, and an all-round good bloke.

Same goes for Brown and Joyce. Fair play to Aspin, he picked up 3 fantastic veterans for us there, who I imagine are fundamental to the dressing room.

Yep. Completely  agree.  See, we don't all bicker

Sad ain’t it that folk abuse there own and with Ryan Lloyd he got torn to shreds on most sites I comment on .

Lets hope it hasn’t ruined him and any player who has received criticism through there performance.

Id like to apologise for the comments I made in the past on here about a player I didn’t rate but has proved me wrong especially this season with a string of impressive performances but let’s get this straight when I am at the ground which is rare I encourage every player to the max .

You don't sit in the middle do you? I used to sit there before I moved away but couldn't stomach this one guy who was always so so negative and annoyingly loud. I moved the Lorne street to get away from him for the last few seasons before I moved out of the area long term.

24 minutes ago, Emile said:

You don't sit in the middle do you? I used to sit there before I moved away but couldn't stomach this one guy who was always so so negative and annoyingly loud. I moved the Lorne street to get away from him for the last few seasons before I moved out of the area long term.

Can anyone tell me where did all the Lorne Street Moaners move to?

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Can anyone tell me where did all the Lorne Street Moaners move to?

Still here 😁. Thought the reaction to Lloyd was well over the top. He was never going to be the player who made our season and neither was he the player who was going to break our season. A low cost squad player and should be judged accordingly. Should Askey have signed him, different debate but put it all into context. What angers me most is when a player isn't giving his all. Gibbo has had a few nightmares but he gives his all. That's good enough for me. Happy to vent my anger at the ground when players aren't putting a shift in.

On 30/10/2019 at 10:42, The man in the pub said:

Still here 😁. Thought the reaction to Lloyd was well over the top. He was never going to be the player who made our season and neither was he the player who was going to break our season. A low cost squad player and should be judged accordingly. Should Askey have signed him, different debate but put it all into context. What angers me most is when a player isn't giving his all. Gibbo has had a few nightmares but he gives his all. That's good enough for me. Happy to vent my anger at the ground when players aren't putting a shift in.

In the old Lorne St “venting your anger” was a massed concerted chunter which reverberated around the ground. I don’t believe that any actual words were spoken. 😂

Archived