onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crewe Alex v Port Vale

Fosse69

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Just seen this on Crewe Mad.

" Thought I would break my absence from this board to say that it was an absolute pleasure to see Dario in the Directors box and shake his hand and say it was just great to see him there once again and he said he was very grateful for me doing that. "

Hope he washed his hands after.

What a proper bizarre thing to post on the internet. 

Advert

7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

We were superb today. I came not expecting anything, but sensed in the warm up we seemed determined and concentrated. Askey timed his sub of Bennett for Pope to perfection.

Many good performances. Worrall was very busy, thought Burgess had a great first half and Taylor a better second half, but the defence was superb, although got away with one at the end with the header from Porter.

Today also illustrates perfectly why people - me included - get frustrated. We can go toe to toe with best in this League, then drop points to Oldham and Stevenage at home and literally throw away points at Orient and Salford. 

The scenes at the end were fantastic - as was the mental when we scored with Taylor coming over right where we were - but a mention to Legge who sought out the younger supporters and high-fived, did selfies etc., great to see.

Legge proves over and over that he is a real statesman of the game and for the club. 

Now....Are you willing to say that there is an improvement on last year yet? 

Gooooarn Buddulph... join the party!

Enjoyed that well Crewe had the silk but we had the steel .

Proper good old fashioned blocking shots and every player put there all in and Popey when he came on was magnificent and theVale crowd well they were most excellent also .

Brilliant afternoons entertainment I thought that header in the first minute was over the line but wasn’t meant be .

Top notch performance Legge and Smith were terrific and Joyce well he was brilliant .

Young Taylor pops up and slams it home ,a beautiful goal then there goalie pulls off a tremendous save from top man Pope.

Amoo should have scored and Brown made a fine save from there number 9 .

It was excellent 

SVA 

16 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Legge proves over and over that he is a real statesman of the game and for the club. 

Now....Are you willing to say that there is an improvement on last year yet? 

Gooooarn Buddulph... join the party!

Well no, because we won 1-0 there last year! 😂

I wish we could sign Taylor though. He could become a real asset with another season under his belt.

2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Well no, because we won 1-0 there last year! 😂

I wish we could sign Taylor though. He could become a real asset with another season under his belt.

😂😂 good answer... aa long as we assume Crewe were as good last year as they are this year! 😉

Taylor and Burgess are both showing some real signs of potential! Would love to keep hold of Taylor!

Didn't notice at the time as I was too busy wishing one of the lads down the front was going to push past the stewards, run on and fill him in, but on closer inspection it seems the stoke nonce was wearing womens jeans for some reason

Wonder what mummy said when he rang from the custody suite.

EIZZsQRXYAA5hMb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

55 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Just seen this on Crewe Mad.

" Thought I would break my absence from this board to say that it was an absolute pleasure to see Dario in the Directors box and shake his hand and say it was just great to see him there once again and he said he was very grateful for me doing that. "

Hope he washed his hands after.

Is he allowed to attend matches? I thought his FA suspension still stood.

21 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Anyone got a like to any highlights??

Watched the highlights on ifollow, they only show 1 Crewe chance and also the cross from them first half that hits the post. Amoo should definitely have hit the target with his header and it’s a great save from the keeper from Popes header. 

Guest Vale at home

Well Done . Carol and Kevin . . You made all Vale fans .very Happy and Proud. Today . A Big Thank you .for all you have Done . For Port Vale .Excellent today .fans . players . Mr Askey . And all the Staff . I Loved it . When you went into see the players . Thank you so much Carol x

Can you imagine this team with a fully fit Manny roaming off the front man?

We're already a good side and we're missing our most talented and game-deciding player. If he can somehow sort his hamstring out in the New Year, I can't wait to see us in the run in. Allow us to break down some of the more obstinate, struggling sides we've drawn with at home.

Its a massive if, but if he can find fitness it could be quite the 2020.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Didn't notice at the time as I was too busy wishing one of the lads down the front was going to push past the stewards, run on and fill him in, but on closer inspection it seems the stoke nonce was wearing womens jeans for some reason

Wonder what mummy said when he rang from the custody suite.

EIZZsQRXYAA5hMb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Absolutely superb that its gotten that bad at Stoke they need to come watch the Vale to see a goal.

It'd been so long since the lad had seen some quality football, he pitch invaded.

An hour's drive and £20 to get on the pitch as Port Vale score. Stoke are finished. How's this lad humiliated his own club like this?

25 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can you imagine this team with a fully fit Manny roaming off the front man?

We're already a good side and we're missing our most talented and game-deciding player. If he can somehow sort his hamstring out in the New Year, I can't wait to see us in the run in. Allow us to break down some of the more obstinate, struggling sides we've drawn with at home.

Its a massive if, but if he can find fitness it could be quite the 2020.

Let's get some consistency first; draws against Stevenage and Oldham don't yet suggest a side that can challenge. Against Oldham particularly we missed Worrall and if we lost his services for a more extended period I'm not entirely sure we'd cope. Great win today though - one to enjoy.

7 hours ago, hamilboy said:

Look sage for me he can come on the last 20 mins of every game if we win one nil till the end of the season stop knocking Bennett he is doing his best for our club.The results are showing we are not a bad side now support the team not just one player we have all had our favourite player over the years put it too one side and get behind the team as a whole.

I'm not knocking Bennett but surely no one can deny that Popey leads the line better than anyone else at the Club. On the topic of Bennett maybe he would be more effective if he was to play as a second striker alongside Tom. Believe me there are other clubs monitoring the situation at the Vale and looking to bring the best target man in this league to their team.

If that were to happen then people would realise just how big a loss he would be to the Vale.

Archived