onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Crewe Alex v Port Vale

Fosse69

10 hours ago, DistantVale said:

I was quite impressed with your run down on the Crewe team until you admitted that you’re not even going the game . ! #armchairfacts. No thanks 🙏 

What does that have to do with anything?? 

You do realise that every fan can’t make every game? 

#numpty 

Advert

Toughest game yet for us and I do fear a bit going into this one. We were very good against Bradford but still very lucky in that second half not to concede a couple. However it’s a derby so will hopefully be close. 

Brown 

gibbons smith legge montano

taylor Joyce Atkinson 

amoo bennett Worrall 

-----------------Brown----------------

--Gibbo--Legge--Smith--Monty--

-----Taylor--Joyce--Atkinson-----

-Worrall-------Pope--------Amoo-

Subs: Maddison, Bennett, Archer, Browne, Burgess, Evans, Brisley

Would only start with Pope up front as I think we need him in the side giving everyone else an idea of what is needed in terms of attitude for this game. If things aren't working after a while though, switch to Bennett/Archer. We also have more of a holding midfield this way, with the option of Burgess & Browne if needed later on.

Wasn't it mentioned that Conlon would be out for 5 weeks too, around 5 weeks ago? Swear when injury periods were stated by Askey, I counted it & he should be back for this Saturday (roughly). If fit, maybe have him on the bench instead of Evans. Could be useful.

12 minutes ago, Santa said:

Will be interested to see what Artell does tactically. His tactics and team selections arguably cost them in the last couple of meetings. WIll he resist the temptation to “whack it”?

Think you'll find he did tell them to "stop whackin it"!

Toughest game yet for us and I do fear a bit going into this one. We were very good against Bradford but still very lucky in that second half not to concede a couple. However it’s a derby so will hopefully be close. 
Brown 
gibbons smith legge montano
taylor Joyce Atkinson 
amoo bennett Worrall 
And they were very lucky against Colchester.

15 hours ago, Phil1965 said:

I did explain why I can’t get to many games due to my coaching commitments! I can only get to games within an hour’s drive most Saturdays, and Crewe is a 3 hour drive for me.

So based on the fact that you can only travel a maximum of one hour and Crewe is 3 hours away I can only come to the conclusion that you’ve never been to a Crewe home game ? 

10 hours ago, DistantVale said:

So based on the fact that you can only travel a maximum of one hour and Crewe is 3 hours away I can only come to the conclusion that you’ve never been to a Crewe home game ? 

I’ve been to hundreds of  Crewe games, home and away, since the early 70s. Your comment is crazy because I’ve explained why on Saturdays I’m limited to games within an hour of home. Except for the Swindon game as we had no match that day.

21 hours ago, Santa said:

Will be interested to see what Artell does tactically. His tactics and team selections arguably cost them in the last couple of meetings. WIll he resist the temptation to “whack it”?

He will be whining to the ref before the game about protecting his cheating diving players like last year.

Pope must start as he terrifies their defence and Bennett didn’t do much on Saturday.

Pressing game needed get in their faces and get stuck in like last year.

They will target Gibbons to try to get him sent off so cool heads needed then put them on the back foot and high balls into Popey.

I’ve been to hundreds of  Crewe games, home and away, since the early 70s. Your comment is crazy because I’ve explained why on Saturdays I’m limited to games within an hour of home. Except for the Swindon game as we had no match that day.

Just ignore DistantVale ... he/she is a WUM!

Archived