onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What are people’s thoughts on JA.

Playa Amodores

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

In my opinion, he was a breath of fresh air when he came in at Macc and was the only me interested. The problem blew was another late substitution. I started this thread and even though I’m satisfied with JA, I’d like to see Archer start. We have very little if nothing up front unless Pope starts. The proof if this is the fact that we’ve created very little in recent games against clubs all towards the bottom of the league. Archers time is long overdue. As was once said by the most famous philosopher, when you keep trying the same thing hoping to get a different result, then that’s the first sign of madness. As I’ve stated many times on here. I went to the friendly with a Bury and saw Archer torment and destroy the Vale defenders. You might say friendliest mean nothing and I’d agree with that. However it was this performance that made JA bring him to Vale. So give Archer a start or if he’s injured then say so. I’d guess he isn’t injured as against Oldham we had three forwards on the bench.

UTV

Archer’s shoulder still won’t be 100%. I think we will see more of him as the season goes on. 

He might not be the answer yet, but it would certainly give the CH’s something to think about knowing he has the legs on them.

If Askey has funds in January, I think he should go all out on the CMR position. If we got someone who could chip in with regular goals from there, it would make a massive difference.

Advert

22 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

On the flip side, he looked poor at Macc, though he wasn't the only one. 

15 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

The poster you’ve quoted has a strange obsession with slating Bennett (despite him being our top scorer)

It is like Campion was the bees knees when he was not playing a couple of years ago.

He will get his chance as a sub to prove he is good enough to get in the team.

He has been injured so cant be up to it fitness wise.

Problem is with five forwards after one place up front it is going to be hard to get in the team.

Him and Cullen are ready to push for a first team place.

A lot difference from last year when it was Pope or Pope up front.

In response to Ernie Moss (I ballsed up the quote feature):

1 loss in 9, missing our two first choice midfielders.

No goals conceded from open play in our last 4.

Won our last away two games against teams who were top at kick off.

Unbeaten at home.

2 points off 7th, 6 off 1st.

Fantastic performance and memories today.

All on a reduced budget from last season and signings deemed 'not good enough'.

Vast improvement in Smith, Gibbons, Worrall, Joyce since he arrived.

Taylor, Burgess doing good jobs on a relative pittance.

Much better brand of football.

Askey isn't perfect but he's doing a good job. I know you're looking for attention but just thought I'd leave the above stats with you before I go and celebrate another good day for the Vale under John Askey. We have finished at the lower reaches of this table twice in succession, and when he took over there were some genuine concerns about non-league football this year.

Try and lighten up mate. You seem so negative at a time when the club's on a upwards trajectory for the first time in 4 years, and for the first time with solid foundations in about 20.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Unbeaten at home.

Askey isn't perfect but he's doing a good job. I know you're looking for attention but just thought I'd leave the above stats with you before I go and celebrate another good day for the Vale under John Askey. We have finished at the lower reaches of this table twice in succession, and when he took over there were some genuine concerns about non-league football this year.

Try and lighten up mate. You seem so negative at a time when the club's on a upwards trajectory for the first time in 4 years, and for the first time with solid foundations in about 20.

It’s great to see the improvement on the pitch... and even better it’s built on the solid foundation of owners who care about the club and whose are intentions are always for the good of Port Vale.

You would have to be a special kind of attention seeker / fan to disregard all the above and only focus on the failings of one squad player with continued vitriolic hatred! Some people are wired differently I guess! 

On 02/11/2019 at 20:44, Joe B said:

Unbeaten at home.

Yes, but apart from that what have the Romans e=er done for us?

On 02/11/2019 at 20:44, Joe B said:

Unbeaten at home.

Great post. I don’t know if anyone’s listened to the recent excellent Spotify podcasts “talk of the vale” that have featured Gibbons and Legge, but both of them mention the difference in style under Askey. Legge goes a bit further talking about the negativity under Aspin. I know it’s stating the obvious but it’s probably another big reason why we’re seeing better performances from the players you mention.

Archived