onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What are people’s thoughts on JA.

Playa Amodores

I sit in the Railway and each game become more and more confused by JAs decisions. Today we didn’t have Worrall, but are we really a one man team.? 
I can understand the starter by 11 after the great result at Bradford. We never come out in the second half and change our play. His substitutions are bewildering, Pope cannot be expected to come on so late and get the pace of the game. 

Advert

Askey is a solid operator. The turn around last season was an incredible achievement. I genuinely felt we were going out of the football league under Aspin.

I would say Askey is a good manager and doing well enough with what he has. 

Our squad isn’t full of players who are proven in league football. Only Worrall and Pope have played at a sustained period in League 1 convincingly in their careers. 

Seems like team and manager reflect each other, inconsistent,naive and frustrating. BUT things were never going to turn around within a matter of months. And I am as guilty as anyone for getting annoyed but we have to be patient and that takes a lot of effort at times but the club deserves our patience. It's a long uphill climb up a slippery slope. 

I think some are in danger of underestimating the size of the task required to turn us around on the pitch.

My thoughts are he was as good an appointment as we could have made at the time, given the state we were in.

I honestly thought the turnaround to get us safe last year was pretty miraculous. I was absolutely convinced we were down at the time.

The performances are a world away from what they were last season.  The fact that i go to games thinking it's even a possibility we'll win is a sign of progress.

I have been disappointed with the last two home performances and the macc game thats for sure.

There's a bit of quality lacking and for me we take too long on the ball at the moment to play the style we're trying to implement.

I think it will come though.  Hopefully we'll inprove each window with a couple of good additions.

I'd sum it up by saying whilst not blown away by it all i'm happy with the progress and I'm not concerned about John Askey at all. I think we're turning it round but time is needed.

Fancy us to finish about 12th.  Last season i was checking where places like braintree were.

Is this a thread designed to be inflammatory?

I think we’re doing ok and he isn’t doing a bad job. Of course he has a tendency to make subs arguably too late in a game sometimes, but to be comfortably mid table and look to be a better team and squad than we were last season is what I wanted to see. We have a pattern of play and he’s getting a tune out of the majority of the players and they look like they want to play for him.

Give him time I say. We aren’t going to become a top 3 side over night. 

Steady, level-headed. A bit frustrating with how late he leaves his substitutions. Overall I'm fairly happy with him and it's a marked improvement on last season. I like the style of football he's trying to implement. A long contract, patience and time will hopefully be rewarded with a promotion to L1 by 2022. 

Archived