onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

24 minutes ago, Valearmy19 said:

Bit harsh 😂😂 all players make mistakes and he clearly didn’t mean to miss.

Our fans are a joke at times, world beaters since Tuesday, draw today and it’s all a disaster again 

I like Taylor but there's no excuse for any pro footballer to miss from 6 yards out. It was actually harder to put it wide than score. If my disabled Nan put that wide I'd have words with her. If I miss that down the park I spend the rest of the night asking myself questions, he should do the same. 

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I like Taylor but there's no excuse for any pro footballer to miss from 6 yards out. It was actually harder to put it wide than score. If my disabled Nan put that wide I'd have words with her. If I miss that down the park I spend the rest of the night asking myself questions, he should do the same. 

Jesus I bet you had a fit midweek when Ashley Fletcher missed from a yard out for Middlesbrough on Wednesday against Huddersfield! Mistakes happen for every footballer, he isn’t the first and he certainly won’t be the last.

I think he deserves huge credit, he’s come down from the championship and he’s confident enough to burst from our midfield and get shots away, he’s our only attacking threat from midfield 

44 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If Taylor scored his sitter at the beginning of the game then its a different game and we probably go on to win comfortably. If he has plans tonight I hope he decides not bother as he deserves to sit at home, alone, and feel appalled with himself. 

Footballers making mistakes in the 4th division who would have thought it ?

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Obviously. Doesn't make it any less shocking though. Like I said, it was harder to put it wide so he did well to miss. 

Mistakes happen, chances go begging players slip up doesn't makes him a bad player you only have to ask Slippy G. about making a slip up at a crucial time.

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

One to forget, comedy of errors but we didn't lose, thankful they didn't have any quality up front and they left it late to bring on Chris eagles.

Vale should and could've scored in the first 20 mins but again we didn't score when on top..

Ritche Bennett is a good addition to PVFC but in the air he's another Reggie Cicilia, 6' 5" and jumps 6' 5", Rhys Brown reminds me of Byron Moore, flatters to deceive and wish he would use his pace more and just push the ball and run at defenders  instead of checking back all the time. Not blaming these two players as no player played well.

JA should have made his substitutions much earlier, at half time.

The last two home games against Stevenage and Oldham have been dire.

Askeys usual home tactic playing one up front and no use playing Pope ball to Bennett because he can’t jump and is easily pushed off the ball.

Did we actually bother their keeper to make a save.

We we’re lucky we weren’t playing a top team because we would have been punished for poor decisions taking corners and Burgess,s free kick he played to their player nearly cost us.

Hope we can get it together at Crewe or there will be a lot of disgruntled fans on praise and grumble.

Overall I felt we just didn’t have the movement up front to trouble them too much. How many times did the full backs look up and have no movement in front, so they go back to keep the ball and get booed! Unbelievable. Mind you it’s just like the over reaction from some one here. But not just the forwards movement it’s the midfielders breaking the lines too, we need more from them. I did think we got some good crosses in but with no movement from the forwards trying to get across their man or the keeper then it makes it look a bad ball. I’m still convinced that Bennett looks like he doesn’t want to put himself in there.  Obviously it’s a different game if Taylor finishes that chance in the first half, can’t believe he missed it. Atkinson had a good opportunity second half too but seemed to be caught on his heels. Monty went from the sublime to the ridiculous, but overall he did alright defensively as yet again we saw another team try and bombard that left hand side. Browne was out of the game for long periods and whilst Amoo got a lot of the ball he didn’t really create much that was clear cut. I thought either Joyce or Gibbo for MOTM myself, both looked like they were up for it and used the ball well in the main. Set pieces were poor overall, especially the corners. Yet again I felt we waited too long to make some changes and take Bennett and Burgess off, we should be looking to give the subs more chance to make an impact. 

Archived