onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

Saturday’s game was a strange affair. I said to my brother that neither side look as though they will score. Vale struggle to deal with sides who park the bus. We don’t have that ingenuity. The two wingers, Amoo and Browne literally did not deliver yesterday. Defensively we are sound. Monty looks comfortable at left back. I like Burgess and Taylor, although the latter often runs out of steam mid way through the second half. Joyce was my man of the match yesterday. He hit some great passes and rarely gives up possession. Bennett is more mobile than Pope but can’t head and spends quite a lot of time out of the box. However he was the only one pressing whilst the wingers watched their navels. I would play Archer next week. It will be great to have Worrall back next week. Star player this season. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

This too wound me up quite a bit. Proper exposed how basic some people's grasp of football is.

"If the ball isn't going forward, it is bad"

There were a couple of occassions where we tried to overplay it a bit on the edge of the 18 but the booing was absolutely ludicrous. Boo a bad performance lacking effort by all means; don't boo a Vale player recycling possession. Weirdos.

Agree booing is bad don't do it myself and yes the ball not going forward isn't bad but time and again isn't good either when a simple ball forward is on..our default against these lowly teams is to go backwards n sideways and this needs changing when we do play them fair enough against teams that are going to hurt you but not continually v opposition that are there to be hurt

27 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

But to boo them for it? Seriously? Mind you if they tried to play and misplaced a pass or just launched it aimlessly they’d probably get booed anyway. 

think you are continuing to discuss with yourself, you keep making the point in reply to my post yet no one is dis-agreeing with you!

8 minutes ago, elav trop 1876 said:

think you are continuing to discuss with yourself, you keep making the point in reply to my post yet no one is dis-agreeing with you!

I’ve enjoying arguing with myself too. Might have to put myself on the block list.

20 hours ago, Joe B said:

He had one assist at Bradford, 2nd goal was Taylor laying it off for Atkinson.

Bennett has decent link up play but he hasn't threatened the goal since Macc. I really like him, think he's probably our best forward, and think he's been an astute acquisition to get a mobile, big striker with a lot of decent abilities who will get us double figures this year. His pressing is excellent too.

I just don't feel he's offering that goal threat at the present. If we could figure out a way to get him and Archer on the pitch at the same time, with Amoo and Worrall on the flanks, without conceding control of the middle, we'd be quite an intriguing outfit going forward. Conlon coming back will be important on that front.

He hasn’t threatened the goal but he’s feeding off scraps. We aren’t creating decent enough chances for a striker. 

Should have put a pretty poor side to the sword, and if Taylor's shot goes in in the first few minutes I think we win by 3+ goals.

Still, if you'd offered me 4 points from last weeks fixtures after the Stevenage game I'd have snapped your hand off. Plenty to be worked on ahead of Saturday, but hopefully with Worrall we wont be as awful from corners.

Maamria is a disgrace of a manager and has proven that with his Stevenage teams antics and now with his comments after this game. He clearly has no idea how to get a team to play actual football, so just dives and cheats his way to results.

Archived