onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

That was worse I have heard Vale play.  They could have got 3 points off a poor team, but Vale actually made them look better than they are. 

Shows we are still in transition and need to get a bit more quality into the side.  Did the players actually want to play today could be asked by many supporters today.  Think Askey and Co need to chat to them and say you need to pass to players wearing black and white and not the away colours.  Corners need to actually get into the box - in the air and not on the floor.

How can Monty get MoM and still play badly - just shows that the others were as bad as him and it was given to him due to comedy errors.

Hate to think what they will be like next week playing the shunters if we play like this.  Big following as well.  Got all the hall marks of a bad day at the office next week.

One to forget, comedy of errors but we didn't lose, thankful they didn't have any quality up front and they left it late to bring on Chris eagles.

Vale should and could've scored in the first 20 mins but again we didn't score when on top..

Ritche Bennett is a good addition to PVFC but in the air he's another Reggie Cicilia, 6' 5" and jumps 6' 5", Rhys Brown reminds me of Byron Moore, flatters to deceive and wish he would use his pace more and just push the ball and run at defenders  instead of checking back all the time. Not blaming these two players as no player played well.

JA should have made his substitutions much earlier, at half time.

If Taylor scored his sitter at the beginning of the game then its a different game and we probably go on to win comfortably. If he has plans tonight I hope he decides not bother as he deserves to sit at home, alone, and feel appalled with himself. 

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If Taylor scored his sitter at the beginning of the game then its a different game and we probably go on to win comfortably. If he has plans tonight I hope he decides not bother as he deserves to sit at home, alone, and feel appalled with himself. 

Bit harsh 😂😂 all players make mistakes and he clearly didn’t mean to miss.

Our fans are a joke at times, world beaters since Tuesday, draw today and it’s all a disaster again 

We are such an incredibly frustrating team.

That 2nd half was tough watching. But yet again I find myself questioning the use of subs. It was pretty obvious within 5 mins of the restart what sort of game it was turning into yet he waited until nearly 80 mins to introduce Pope. And when we did, the crosses into the dried up! 

And a word on the corners..... shocking. Worst I have ever seen.

Finally, Monty.... sublime to the ridiculous (the through ball to Atkinson has to be seen to be believed).

14 corners! and 13 bad ones. Played like it was a pre season friendly. No urgency, too many players strolling around. Clean sheet I suppose is the only positive.

I know expectations should be tempered after the last 2 horror show seasons but please try to entertain us a bit

Not a great result but we had chances to win it and on another day could have been 2-0 up at half time.

they also had chances so all in all we can’t complain.

Still unbeaten, still higher than expected in the league, still 5 off the playoffs and 10 from the relegation zone.

But, it’s not the result we wanted so I assume we will hear from some of our friends who went missing after the Bradford win tonight 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Not a great result but we had chances to win it and on another day could have been 2-0 up at half time.

they also had chances so all in all we can’t complain.

Still unbeaten, still higher than expected in the league, still 5 off the playoffs and 10 from the relegation zone.

But, it’s not the result we wanted so I assume we will hear from some of our friends who went missing after the Bradford win tonight 😂😂😂

Love it at times, I get that all our fans are entitled to their opinion but we had a great win at Bradford Tuesday and we were world beaters but now we’ve drawn 0-0 with Oldham it’s all gone downhill and Askey out! Grow up.

Wasn't a good performance don’t get me wrong but there’s a reason that them 14 players today who played in a Vale shirt are footballers and we’re sat here typing on a forum. Taylor didn’t mean to miss his chance and he’s our join 3rd top goal scorer I believe and he’s 21 and a midfielder. He wasn’t great but I feel when he came off we lost a bit of our creativity!

Anyway onto Crewe next week hopefully we get a result otherwise it’ll be turmoil 

Archived