onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Oldham Athletic

Fosse69

Advert

On 23/10/2019 at 20:59, Valist said:

Same team bar Browne for the suspended Worrall. On the front foot from the off and be two goals to the good by the 70th minute then bring on Atkinson for Burgess and Pope for Bennett to sure things up and see the game out. Simple as that!!

I would agree with that as the attacking option. Keep Montano as an attacking LB and bring in Browne for Worrall upfront. Atkinson would be part of a strong bench (Archer, Pope, Brisley etc). 

17 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I would keep the team that played on Tuesday with Atkinson in for Worrall.

Yeah I'd agree on either this, putting Burgess up with Bennett & Amoo, or if not, Browne in for Worrall & have the option of Atkinson 2nd half maybe?

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I wasn't sure about starting with Browne when he is coming back from an injury but he is another option. 

I think he's been fit for a couple of weeks but hasn't been used off the bench. To me, that's slightly different than the Oyeleke situation where he was started pretty much as soon as he was ruled to be fit again. Browne has presumably been fit and training for a couple of weeks now.

39 minutes ago, robf said:

I think he's been fit for a couple of weeks but hasn't been used off the bench. To me, that's slightly different than the Oyeleke situation where he was started pretty much as soon as he was ruled to be fit again. Browne has presumably been fit and training for a couple of weeks now.

Played 70 mins in the reserves as well. Got a great goal from reports. 

Think it is time to give the lad a go. As you said before, Atkinson is a good option off the bench, but I think him and Joyce in the same midfield is too defensive. 

Burgess doesn’t deserve to dropped, and him and Taylor give us energy. 

Come on you Valiants, get behind the Team.

The fantastic away support really helps the players  so we must try and ensure a noisy, voiceiferous welcome to the squad on Saturday. A rocking Vale Park ought to see off Oldham and give us long standing fans a genuine belief in our rise up the League.

Too often after a brilliant result the crowd appear to hide back in their shells. The lads need and appreciate us getting behind them. Let's be the extra man and be part of another 3 points in the bag.

You could also consider putting Pope back in and moving Bennett to the left, where he's played before. There are a few possibilities. We'd still have Amoo's pace on one wing and Monty trying to get forward on the other. It might depend on how Oldham set-up.

The best thing to do, is probably replace like for like and Browne for Worrall. That would seem to make most sense. But I'd like to see us make more proactive use of our three subs and not leave them on the bench until the last 5 minutes. For quite a while now football has been a 14 man game and having three fresh players to bring on can and should have an impact on the game in the second half.

Let's hope for an improved display from last weekend and as O says above a bit more vocal encouragement from the fans.

I don’t understand the ideas of putting players out of position like bennet on the left, Burgess up front, archer in worralls position. Why would we even think about putting so many square pegs in round holes? We have the chance here to swap a winger for a winger in Browne for worrall and also keep the same formation and pattern of play. 

I don’t understand the ideas of putting players out of position like bennet on the left, Burgess up front, archer in worralls position. Why would we even think about putting so many square pegs in round holes? We have the chance here to swap a winger for a winger in Browne for worrall and also keep the same formation and pattern of play. 
Bennett played on the left wing for Morecambe last season setting up their winning goal against us.

15 minutes ago, Mario said:
41 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Bennett played on the left wing for Morecambe last season setting up their winning goal against us.

If bennet is a better option on the wing than Amoo, Monty or Browne then you’ll see me running bollocko through burslem. He should be nowhere near the wing as a starter.

Archived