onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Are we about to relapse?

Playa Amodores

Personally I hope the answer is no. We have a better quality of individuals than last  season, even though the majority of the team is the same as last season. We have just gone through three games where we should have collected more points than we did. If the player for Morecambe hadn’t been so irresponsible and got himself sent off I’m not sure that we’d have won, but thankfully we did.

What I’ve noticed recently compared to the start of the season the defence through being too slow have now dropped back. This is creating lots of room in midfield for the opposition to over run our midfield. At the start of the season we were catching the opposition offside, I haven’t seen this for the last few games. Also with the defence they are quite comfortable in the air but extremely vulnerable on the ground, when the opposition pass it quickly and run off the ball.

please tell me that I’m wrong as I thought we’d finish 14th and I then got inebriated and thought top ten, now I’m having to reflect, thinking I’ve been too over ambitious.

Advert

We have stopped trying to harry the opposition. Start of the season our players were all over midfield and defenders, giving them no time to play at all. It seems to me just lately that we are running out of steam so are now backing off and allowing far too much space for us to be attacked.

Poor set ups, strange selections and pondering about by Askey appear to have us on the back foot now and it's showing in performances all over the pitch.

We have to face reality- we are a bog standard mid division 2 table at best, which is significantly better than the past couple of season.

I think we will finish mid table mediocrity. I will be happy with that bearing in mind the past few seasons. However it is noticeable that the high pressing game has gone on holiday over the past few games. Askey needs to sort the away form out. I would drop Amoo who seemed uninterested on Saturday. Either Browne or Worrall out there. Bennett spent more time on the wing than in the middle. Give Archer a try out. No idea if it will work but worth a punt. 

2 minutes ago, Class personified said:

I think we will finish mid table mediocrity. I will be happy with that bearing in mind the past few seasons. However it is noticeable that the high pressing game has gone on holiday over the past few games. Askey needs to sort the away form out. I would drop Amoo who seemed uninterested on Saturday. Either Browne or Worrall out there. Bennett spent more time on the wing than in the middle. Give Archer a try out. No idea if it will work but worth a punt. 

For some reason, don’t ask me why I have come to this conclusion, but I don’t think Amoo or Monty are 100% fit, I’m not trying to defend them. 
It’s quite clear that we need to make some changes of personal in the starting 11. This will make healthy competition for a starting place.

i can’t wait for Archer to start but I wouldn’t want him playing and jeopardising his return to full fitness.Having said that, would he be on the bench if he was likely to come on aggravate the shoulder.

We won’t relapse but we still lack any creativity in midfield and are still a quality, proven striker short. 

We have 4 strikers on the books though but we play with 1 up top with 2 wingers supporting so 3 of the strikers will on the bench

So if we get another proven striker what happens to the other 4 ??????

We need a left back and not a converted one a proper left back

Archived