onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

I’m proud to support Vale every day I wake up but tonight after the last few below par performances I’m super proud. Every single player who wore that shirt today played for the badge and the fans!

Every single player put in a real shift tonight and they deserve huge credit for finally getting that burden of the no away win of there back.

We do need to do something about these officials though, how that was a penalty in first half amazes me.

UTV bring on Oldham 

Advert

13 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Don’t worry, I’m on it!! This time last year after 15 games we’d just drawn at Stevenage (believe it or not) and were 16th with 18 points. So three points better of albeit still the same number of wins - 5. 

Now that’s what I call progress 😀

I continue to look forward to these updates through November and December

13 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I continue to look forward to these updates through November and December

And I’ll look forward to providing them. I’d like nothing better than for Vale to make me look daft by beating Oldham and Crewe.

(who incidentally seem to be having a phenomenal amount of luck ATM - Nouble missed a 95th min pen tonight)

10 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

And I’ll look forward to providing them. I’d like nothing better than for Vale to make me look daft by beating Oldham and Crewe.

(who incidentally seem to be having a phenomenal amount of luck ATM - Nouble missed a 95th min pen tonight)

February should be fun too!

I bet you if you listened carefully you could hear a collective click when Atkinson scored as a bunch of OVF regulars closed their laptops!

”Not tonight... my time will come again... but not tonight”

And then silence, and darkness... as they wait for another result to go against us and they can awaken again!!

59 minutes ago, Valearmy19 said:

I’m proud to support Vale every day I wake up but tonight after the last few below par performances I’m super proud. Every single player who wore that shirt today played for the badge and the fans!

Every single player put in a real shift tonight and they deserve huge credit for finally getting that burden of the no away win of there back.

We do need to do something about these officials though, how that was a penalty in first half amazes me.

UTV bring on Oldham 

Agree they all played well but Legge in the last 20 mins or so was absolutely immense, Montano gives me the eebeejeebee's when he's at left back but he got it done....somehow.

That was brilliant!  The best thing about it all was that we made all the efforts of an incompetent referee totally irrelevant.  Joyce, excellent.  Smith and Legge, immense.  Loved everything about the evening apart from being charged £2.30 for a cup of tea that tasted like dirty dishwater!

How did Monty play at left-back? I know it's not his natural position but neither is it Crooked and if I had to choose between them two it would be Monty every time.
Also - I hope we report that ref through whatever official channels are open to us. The farsical penalty decision and playing 10 mins over when only 5 indicated stinks of something not being quite right.

7 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Don’t worry, I’m on it!! This time last year after 15 games we’d just drawn at Stevenage (believe it or not) and were 16th with 18 points. So three points better of albeit still the same number of wins - 5. 

Now that’s what I call progress 😀

I know football is about results and ultimately points on the board but if you can’t see all round progress from last year then you need help.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

UTV

Fantastic win lads.

Again proved that on our day we can match anyone in this Division.

So frustrating to realise that like everyone else we throw points away from time to time and look a dishevelled unit, but I suppose if we played like last night every game we'd be in the Premiership!

Our new owners must have been so, so proud and their "investment" is certainly giving us fans a mighty boost in confidence that the glory days can and will be coming back to us very soon.

Well done Vale.

So after the negativity of recent weeks lets look at the stats now:

If we repeat the form of the first 15 games over the second and third 15 games of the season we would head into the last game of the season on 63 points - even only a slight improvement over the next 2/3 of the season in form would see us into the top 7 come May.

Based on last season we are now already half way to safety (only 1 down this year too)

21 League goals scored means we have now scored over half (39) the league goals we managed in the whole season last year.

No improvement?

Great to see a return to a higher energy set up.

The last few weeks have, it seems, seen the manager trying different permutations, without too much success.

We're obviously a work in progress, but I do hope for a continuation of the high energy, high press formula.

7 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Great to see a return to a higher energy set up.

The last few weeks have, it seems, seen the manager trying different permutations, without too much success.

We're obviously a work in progress, but I do hope for a continuation of the high energy, high press formula.

Wonder if the injuries was the reason why it tailed off? They were on about looking at why so many injuries occurred and you play a lot of games the first three months of the season (think that is our last Tuesday league game until next year now)

Archived