Fosse69

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

4 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

I'm not a Port Vale player so in the context that the posts presented I don't think your joke stands up. Anyway shall we have a bet on whether Pope keeps his place again for at least five games...I'll offer odds of 17/10

Don't you still owe someone on here £100 from when UKIP didn't win dozens of seats at the 2017 or 2015 general election, Carl?

21 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Don't you still owe someone on here £100 from when UKIP didn't win dozens of seats at the 2017 or 2015 general election, Carl?

@robf Why is a previously banned poster allowed to reappear on here just to sling low effort wind ups?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Presume he's using a different email address but it's undoubtedly him, even if he has issued a half-hearted denial.

Is it the same Carl that frequently appears on Radio Stoke P & G?

2 hours ago, JRC said:

As we're only 2 points off the playoffs 1/3 of the way I think we are good enough to threaten as opposed to make them. That said injuries tend to even out over a season and Crewe and Cheltenham in particular don't have a lot of depth. 

Maybe if Oyeleke is back and hits his stride quickly in January we could sneak in. We've had a lot of injuries and I'm pretty certain we'd be 3 or 4 points better off without them. Add the number of new players who needed to be bedded in and I'd say it's possible as opposed to probable.

I like that, threaten is what we should be doing as a minimum, maintains interest and with a bit of luck in the cup a couple of players could make it feasible. When we last went up to what is now the Championship, we were 9 points off 2nd place at Xmas which is a lot tougher keeping pace with the leaders, than creeping into the POs. On the flip side I always prefer to go up the season after missing out as it proves us to be consistent, but if a chance comes along it has to be taken.

4 hours ago, Doha said:

@robf Why is a previously banned poster allowed to reappear on here just to sling low effort wind ups?

Probably because the likes of you and Mr H are allowed to continually abuse other posters when it suits you

These match day reports are fun to watch, the Bradford City one in particular.

Luke Joyce always seemed a placid, even scholarly figure to me watching from a far but his reaction after Vale's 2nd (ca 7 mins) shows there's mega amounts of competitiveness and determination there.

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

These match day reports are fun to watch, the Bradford City one in particular.

Luke Joyce always seemed a placid, even scholarly figure to me watching from a far but his reaction after Vale's 2nd (ca 7 mins) shows there's mega amounts of competitiveness and determination there.

Shivers up me spine Joycey! he's one of us!