onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

4 hours ago, stupers said:

I think some of the players were signed this summer to pad out the squad to a decent level. In the past, we've had an ok first eleven and then struggled as soon as anyone has got injured. This season, Manny, Montano, Amoo, Gibbons have all missed games but we've had above average replacements to fill the voids. Like you say, he's found players like Burgess and Taylor who won't be costing a lot right now, but could develop nicely over the season to be good players for next season (Although Taylor will likely head back to Forest).

I think with us finding quality backups this year, next summer will be about improving the first team and adding players on top of what we already have, whilst releasing players who are no longer necessary. It's been a while since we've been in that position. That's when we should see the results of the consistency and patience everyone needs to show in the upcoming months.

I agree...next summer should see the removal of the deadwood...and the moaner er moaners

At times in the first half we played some really good stuff and fully deserved to be ahead.

Pen was absolute nonsense from the ref who was shocking all evening.

Second half we lacked an outlet going forward which resulted in us dropping deeper and deeper and we made too many basic errors with and without the ball. We just about defended well enough to hold out and we took our only real chance in the half right at the death.

Clearly look better than last year and you can see what Askey is trying to do with the side. Not good enough IMHO to threaten top 7 but should be more than capable of a steady mid table season.

4 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

No,

Bizarre but Queenie's a BLOKE...LOL

I thought it was the lady who went with her mates to Bradford and said that she'd be supporting the other team - who happened to be Vale on that occasion. Must be someone else O wise one.

I'd rather be in a position where we are arguing about who should start because we've got positive, varied options - unlike the last few years where the problem has been who can we send out for damage limitation / who is closest to a professional standard.

16 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

At times in the first half we played some really good stuff and fully deserved to be ahead.

Pen was absolute nonsense from the ref who was shocking all evening.

Second half we lacked an outlet going forward which resulted in us dropping deeper and deeper and we made too many basic errors with and without the ball. We just about defended well enough to hold out and we took our only real chance in the half right at the death.

Clearly look better than last year and you can see what Askey is trying to do with the side. Not good enough IMHO to threaten top 7 but should be more than capable of a steady mid table season.

As we're only 2 points off the playoffs 1/3 of the way I think we are good enough to threaten as opposed to make them. That said injuries tend to even out over a season and Crewe and Cheltenham in particular don't have a lot of depth. 

Maybe if Oyeleke is back and hits his stride quickly in January we could sneak in. We've had a lot of injuries and I'm pretty certain we'd be 3 or 4 points better off without them. Add the number of new players who needed to be bedded in and I'd say it's possible as opposed to probable.

4 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

I'm not a Port Vale player so in the context that the posts presented I don't think your joke stands up. Anyway shall we have a bet on whether Pope keeps his place again for at least five games...I'll offer odds of 17/10

Don't you still owe someone on here £100 from when UKIP didn't win dozens of seats at the 2017 or 2015 general election, Carl?

21 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Don't you still owe someone on here £100 from when UKIP didn't win dozens of seats at the 2017 or 2015 general election, Carl?

@robf Why is a previously banned poster allowed to reappear on here just to sling low effort wind ups?

2 hours ago, JRC said:

As we're only 2 points off the playoffs 1/3 of the way I think we are good enough to threaten as opposed to make them. That said injuries tend to even out over a season and Crewe and Cheltenham in particular don't have a lot of depth. 

Maybe if Oyeleke is back and hits his stride quickly in January we could sneak in. We've had a lot of injuries and I'm pretty certain we'd be 3 or 4 points better off without them. Add the number of new players who needed to be bedded in and I'd say it's possible as opposed to probable.

I like that, threaten is what we should be doing as a minimum, maintains interest and with a bit of luck in the cup a couple of players could make it feasible. When we last went up to what is now the Championship, we were 9 points off 2nd place at Xmas which is a lot tougher keeping pace with the leaders, than creeping into the POs. On the flip side I always prefer to go up the season after missing out as it proves us to be consistent, but if a chance comes along it has to be taken.

Archived