onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Tomorrow is a very good time to play us. We have so many players out injured;

Harry Pritchard (could be fit, Clayton Donaldson, Matty Palmer to name just three. Overall, we have about 10 players out injured - 4/5 being key players  

That being said, we have been churning out the results and we’re managing to get performances from fringe players in the squad. I’m hopeful Pritchard is available as he makes us tick. 

O'Donnell

Mellor - P. O’connor - BRE - Wood

Ismail - Akpan - Cooke - Connolly 

Pritchard 

Vaughan 

1-1 

Advert

Well if I was manager I’d be having a team brief this morning and asking the players In the squad who is well enough and up for it enough to play in front of a very good crowd up at Bradford .

I haven’t seen recent performances so I cannot judge but I’ve read comments like our players 15 mins into the second half look knackered and Macclesfield and Stevenage players looked full of running and Vale have being very poor in both games over long periods and Askey does not react quickly enough to opponents changes off the bench .

Crookes seems like the scapegoat every game so I would take him out the side .

So my team based on Askeys mindset of being scared stiff of league 2 opponents.

Brown 

Gibbons Legge Brisley Smith Montano in a 5 at the back when defending but goes to 3 when attacking with Gibbons and Montano prominent in what they do best and that is attack .

Then your 3 in midfield who will have to put a challenge in 

So Joyce Burgess and Worrall 

then your quick striker and your best striker up front the one who away from home will hold the ball up and head on for the quick striker to get in behind the team who will manipulate the ball (Bradford).

So it’s Popey and  Archer for me with young Taylor getting a half for Burgess or Joyce even if the five at the back are solid .

Maybe swapping Archer for Amoo around the 60 minute and trying him off Pope up front and being proactive (Askey )instead of just sitting there and letting the other team gain total control of the matches .

Read Crewe’s stats the other day v Swindon and it’s frightening how good they were (are )64 percent possession and 16 goal attempts 9 on target to 7 off .

So we need to be at our best and get some form and confidence back in the next two really tough games v Bradford and a old Oldham who along with many took us to the cleaners and wiped the floor not so very long ago .

UTV 

54 minutes ago, queenybantam07 said:

Tomorrow is a very good time to play us. We have so many players out injured;

Harry Pritchard (could be fit, Clayton Donaldson, Matty Palmer to name just three. Overall, we have about 10 players out injured - 4/5 being key players  

That being said, we have been churning out the results and we’re managing to get performances from fringe players in the squad. I’m hopeful Pritchard is available as he makes us tick. 

O'Donnell

Mellor - P. O’connor - BRE - Wood

Ismail - Akpan - Cooke - Connolly 

Pritchard 

Vaughan 

1-1 

Well queeny it's anyone's guess as to which Vale team turn up.

If they play to their strengths then we can  beat anyone, as is the same for most teams in this Division.  however if we play like the last 2 games I fear our goal difference will take a massive bashing.

Enjoy the game whatever.

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

I think I’d go with

brown

gibbons Legge Smith crookes

atkinson Joyce taylor

worrall Pope amoo

I still believe Atkinson doesn't have the pace to run in that forward midfield role, better suited at right back for me. Also away from home I'd go with a quicker option than Pope up front, hand Archer a start and let's see what he's got. Burgess in midfield with Joyce and Taylor and then either Atkinson or Gibbo at right back..

Some tough decisions because whilst Atkinson has shown his experience with the ball, IMO Gibbo has offered more at right back defensively and going forward. Maybe Atkinson with Joyce In the middle would give more licence to Taylor and the full backs to get forward with the front 3?

Will the manager continue with Crookes too? On the face of it he haS no option but to stick with him. 

I am with a few others on here. I would like to see Monty have another go at LB. 2nd half of the 17/18 season he looked like the best left-back in the league. It was only when Aspin tried to change him in to playing centre-back for the 18/19 season that the problems arose. I think that is an upgrade on Crookes, who doesn't look up to standard at the moment, and has cost us a few times with individual mistakes so far this season (Not saying anyone else hasn't been at fault, but Crookes has been noticeable).

17 hours ago, toyahw said:

Are you Bennett's agent or something?  He is mainly crap. But not as crap as Cullen.

I think that's a bit harsh, Toyah. He isn't perfect but he is likely to comfortably get double figures for us this season which for a free transfer from Carlisle United isn't bad at all. 

I've seen little from Cullen to suggest he is the answer, however I'm hopeful that he will improve with a run of games, similar to how Leitch Smith did. 

18 hours ago, toyahw said:

The longer Archer sits on the bench the better he gets, Bennett was poor Sat. So was Amoo second half. And Monty. Smaller pitch? Macc have a small pitch mate. Look how that worked out.

Remind me who scored a long range effort at Macc in the Trophy match and  who scored there again in the league??

Complete and utter tosh..the goals he scored at Salford and Macc were nothing short of outstanding...remind me who last scored goals like that in a Port Vale shirt who played as a forward?

What a shot that Chris Neale should of done better with at Salford and a deflected effort at Macc that the keeper also should of done better with ? -he’s done ok Bennett but not been spectacular by any means

Archived