Sign in to follow this  
Andyregs

Article in the times

I’m not sure if this has been posted previously. But there is an article about a dodgy agent in the Times. I can access it the news app on my iPad but it’s behind a paywall when I try to link, but this is the paragraph of interest.

9B39168D-CAF1-4B11-AEE7-7136DA09CE2F.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Bruno? 🙄

That was my first thought. So he admits ripping us off with rubbish players presumably to line his own pockets with fees. I wonder if our former owner will take any legal action? 

• Like 1

As the Daily Telegraph sting was conducted over the summer of 2016 then it should be fairly self evident which manager it is. 

• Thanks 1

The court was told that Mr Pagliara and Dax Price, a fellow agent, tried to impress an undercover reporter in May 2016. At the first meeting, Mr Price revealed their willingness to be involved in corrupt player transfers. Mr O’Neill said: “They proposed schemes to become players’ agents, buy them and place them in English clubs, maintain ownership of the player and then profit from his onward sale, as well as other schemes, all to be facilitated by bribery.”

The journalists met Mr Price and Mr Pagliara, who said they could guarantee that foreign players would be “fast-tracked” into their national teams, making them eligible to play in England.

At another meeting Mr Price claimed that he was putting a manager into Port Vale, the League One club, so he could filter players into the team. “It’s almost like corruption is just staring you in the face,” he is alleged to have said.

Hmm, where could we have possibly heard this before. 

k7w5Hhh.png

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Hmm, where could we have possibly heard this before. 

k7w5Hhh.png

"Sadly we could not get enough and the right documents to do a proper due diligence".  What?  Our former owner failing to provide paperwork?  Never.

• Like 1

It might not name the manager, but I think we all know to whom they are referring. What we do know is, who owned our club at the time, that’s not up for discussion. Perhaps they FA should investigate the matter. I’m sure that there would be enough circumstantial evidence to impose on our previous owner, preventing him from being involved with any other football club.

• Like 1

Surely someone knew something weird was going on when we signed Mbamba. They should have been sacked on the spot for signing him, never mind if someone got bribed or not.

14 minutes ago, stupers said:

Surely someone knew something weird was going on when we signed Mbamba. They should have been sacked on the spot for signing him, never mind if someone got bribed or not.

As one of the clubs highest earners.

17 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

As one of the clubs highest earners.

There were a number of players earning more than him but he was getting more than the manager!

Our ex-chairman massively undervalued the managers position. I'm not saying he put the money in the playing budget instead, but he didn't think it was worth paying good money for one.

It's been shown time and time again, that if you can get the right manager in place then you can give him a budget and he'll overachieve. I'd much rather we had a manager and backroom (Not just staff but the resources they need) in place to make the most of what we do have, rather than skimping in this area and then seeing the inevitable consequences. Thankfully, Carol and Kevin are from a business background where they understand that theory. I think they've backed Askey in this aspect already.

On 19/10/2019 at 00:26, stupers said:

Our ex-chairman massively undervalued the managers position. I'm not saying he put the money in the playing budget instead, but he didn't think it was worth paying good money for one.

It's been shown time and time again, that if you can get the right manager in place then you can give him a budget and he'll overachieve. I'd much rather we had a manager and backroom (Not just staff but the resources they need) in place to make the most of what we do have, rather than skimping in this area and then seeing the inevitable consequences. Thankfully, Carol and Kevin are from a business background where they understand that theory. I think they've backed Askey in this aspect already.

I think this was why Adams came out publicly and said that he preferred Bratt to Smurthwaite. Hmmm.........

On 18/10/2019 at 12:57, robf said:

That was my first thought. So he admits ripping us off with rubbish players presumably to line his own pockets with fees. I wonder if our former owner will take any legal action? 

Or is there a possibility that a former owner was aware of it all along ?