onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe Tickets

valerule4ever

I called Vale TO 15 minutes ago and they have 4 tickets left in the side stand all with restricted views.  May need to miss out on this one, can't face going behind the goal.

I usually don’t like going behind the goal either but this time I’ve made an exception and opted for that side as opposed to the death trap stand.

Advert

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket to this thanks to what felt like a small military operation, involving a mate "working from home" on Monday morning and rocking up to the ticket office with several peoples season tickets.

I'm still not convinced that two tickets per season ticket holder is either fair or correct.

5 hours ago, Santa said:

I'm still not convinced that two tickets per season ticket holder is either fair or correct.

But it is those perks that help sell season tickets. Why not  go the whole hog and tell season ticket holders that they have to take pot luck when tickets go on sale like the rest?  It is hard enough to get monies paid up front as it is without making the benefits a lot less.

15 hours ago, Santa said:

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket to this thanks to what felt like a small military operation, involving a mate "working from home" on Monday morning and rocking up to the ticket office with several peoples season tickets.

It's a difficult one for me. My wife and I are season ticket holders so it's easy for me to say it's fair. My daughters often attend games, so do friends who are not season ticket holders, therefore we buy them a ticket on our concession. This is not denying a genuine fan a ticket in all honesty, just saving them having to queue and guaranteeing them a seat with us. From the clubs perspective, they are shifting tickets quicker, know who is buying them and ensuring control and security to a point.

I do sympathise with those who do not have a ST and deserve the opportunity to get a ticket. Not sure what the answer is tbh.

I guess it's all based around statistics in terms of season ticket numbers versus walk-up ultimately maximising sales from the clubs perspective?

11 hours ago, pensioner said:

But it is those perks that help sell season tickets. Why not  go the whole hog and tell season ticket holders that they have to take pot luck when tickets go on sale like the rest?  It is hard enough to get monies paid up front as it is without making the benefits a lot less.

It’s not much of a perk for a season ticket holder who can’t get to the ticket office during office hours or who isn’t lucky enough to have someone pick up the phone when they call. 

On 14/10/2019 at 18:21, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Spot on and I am aware of that .

On the back of a poor performance the other day is even more remarkable that’s what I’m saying .

i don’t attend anyway but fair play anyway ,been there done that have no desire to keep doing it but take a interest as like see Vale do well as still follow there results as son and nephew still attend regularly and I pop along when not away with me girlfriend.

Armchair supporter who follows the game on Radio Stoke then criticises the team.

What a joke.

18 hours ago, Santa said:

Cough up for a season ticket and you get the perks.

28 minutes ago, Erniemossrules said:

Cough up for a season ticket and you get the perks.

I’ve already got one you big wally.

As long as I’ve got a mate with one who can queue up for me during office hours on a weekday then technically I’m better off not having one.

I've said before, two per season ticket is crazy particularly when we have 4,000+ season ticket holders. Only roughly half of them can get a ticket for Crewe even if they just buy one each. If each person buys one for a non-season ticket holder as well as theirs, then only just over 1,000 season ticket holders could be at the game.

It should be one per season ticket. And before anyone asks, I'm not a season ticket holder anymore so this would directly affect my ability to get a ticket for in-demand away games.

8 hours ago, Santa said:

It’s not much of a perk for a season ticket holder who can’t get to the ticket office during office hours or who isn’t lucky enough to have someone pick up the phone when they call. 

Those of us who are in the situation that you outline above tend to use our Friends to get our tickets - but of course one has to have Vale Friends to do that. There are those that don't have such friends and I feel we should all pity them. On a more positive note, would it not be a better option to email the new owners and outline the problems experienced rather than just whine on OVF who, at the end of the day, can do F All to help . Send caz an email and see what she can offer, though it may not be immediate but at least you will have put the moan in the best possible place for a positive solution to be found.

11 hours ago, Erniemossrules said:

Armchair supporter who follows the game on Radio Stoke then criticises the team.

What a joke.

I very rarely criticise the team if anything I’ve spent thousands on encouraging for many a year since regularly attending since 1991 v Liverpool at home lost 5-2 foyle scoring both ,only the last two seasons have I not gone regularly and that is down to meeting someone new who likes go away at weekends and to be honest I’ve found it more enjoyable than watching the Vale but I passed on my passion to my lad and nephew who are both season ticket holders (I brought my lad is ).

So I’m entitled to my opinion as I still follow Vale and go occasionally.

Its great they doing well at home but away well the results speak for themselves ,lad and nephew going Crewe away so I want them win for them and the other majestic fans.

UTV 

On 18/10/2019 at 12:44, Santa said:

I’ve already got one you big wally.

As long as I’ve got a mate with one who can queue up for me during office hours on a weekday then technically I’m better off not having one.

Nothing to moan about then.There are still tickets available as all season ticket holders won’t be attending.Also I want to sit with my mates not on my own in a single seat.

On 15/10/2019 at 08:44, Smugsy said:

We'll sell out Crewe as we normally do. For me our most impressive away following of the season is was the 600+ that went to Leyton Orient. That was a pleasant surprise. 

Agreed. That was incredible. Any away day in the capital is not cheap. I live in the South East and was surprised by the figures. In league 1 we took about half that to the same fixture. 

Archived