Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Playa Amodores

PVFC away travel

Recommended Posts

I attended yesterday’s game on PVFC transport. The cost was £8.50, which I thought was value for money, being dropped off right outside the ground and the coach remained there until we boarded to return home. I was really surprised that there was only one coach from VP. There were two other coaches which were from somewhere in SOT. My thoughts are that these were for ppl for whom it would be more convenient to take from other places, than travelling to VP.

I know there is no alcohol onboard the coach, but I was really surprised with there only being the one coach. I don’t know if the coaches are run at a profit, but surely any profits would go back into the club, not when we were under the reign of the old chairman.

What are your thoughts on official travel not seeming to be so popular?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I attended yesterday’s game on PVFC transport. The cost was £8.50, which I thought was value for money, being dropped off right outside the ground and the coach remained there until we boarded to return home. I was really surprised that there was only one coach from VP. There were two other coaches which were from somewhere in SOT. My thoughts are that these were for ppl for whom it would be more convenient to take from other places, than travelling to VP.

I know there is no alcohol onboard the coach, but I was really surprised with there only being the one coach. I don’t know if the coaches are run at a profit, but surely any profits would go back into the club, not when we were under the reign of the old chairman.

What are your thoughts on official travel not seeming to be so popular?

The other two coaches were from the Crown in Burslem, I agree to some extent, that one bloke on his own,(Charlie) can run double the amount of coaches than the club itself.it was £8 yesterday on the fun busses,plenty of alcohol on the coaches plus a 3 hour pub stop in Congleton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally they are not my cup of tea .

I'd rather go on the train or drive depending on distance. Think I've been to Burnley and Burton on the official coach in the past 10 years and I go to maybe 10 to 15 aways a season. 

6-25 on train yesterday and could come and go as I pleased at my own leisure. I understand that the club is missing out on fans money but it's all down to individual choice

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect fewer people travel by coach to games as close as Macc.  There are so many other alternatives and travelling to Burslem to get on a bus to travel 20 miles is not convenient for folk who don't live on the doorstep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t disagree with any of the comments posted. Thank you for taking the time to provide explanations to my question. Like you say it each to there own. We were back at VP for 5.50pm, which suited me but understand it wouldn’t suit others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We generally only take 1 official coach to most away games 2 at a push. Charlie who runs the buses from the crown sometimes gets 2 or 3 buses going to games but alot prefer driving or going on train. Charlie's buses always have a pub stop and leave an hour or so before official travel is due to go and is generally cheaper to travel on aswell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The other two coaches were from the Crown in Burslem, I agree to some extent, that one bloke on his own,(Charlie) can run double the amount of coaches than the club itself.it was £8 yesterday on the fun busses,plenty of alcohol on the coaches plus a 3 hour pub stop in Congleton.
You do realise the consumption of alcohol on a coach travelling to and from a football match is an offence. Not wise to post it on a forum for all and sundry to read!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:
8 hours ago, Conrad said:
The other two coaches were from the Crown in Burslem, I agree to some extent, that one bloke on his own,(Charlie) can run double the amount of coaches than the club itself.it was £8 yesterday on the fun busses,plenty of alcohol on the coaches plus a 3 hour pub stop in Congleton.

You do realise the consumption of alcohol on a coach travelling to and from a football match is an offence. Not wise to post it on a forum for all and sundry to read!

The police are fully aware of what goes on but turn a blind eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never understood why anyone would choose to travel to an away game on any coach, other than the official one/s.

The profit goes to the club, and surely that's a good thing. There's plenty of free parking at VP and good company too.

And the risk of getting a hefty fine for having alcohol on board doesn't bear thinking about.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The official coaches are straight to the game and straight home. My dads mate puts a coach on maybe 2-3 games a season and they won't allow alcohol on the bus because they don't want to risk the police turning them around. We set off really early though, making sure we stop about 30 mins away from the ground, where we will probably spend a good 2-3 hours in a pub that has been called ahead to make sure they will have us, usually end up with free chips and sausage butties from most pubs too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

I've never understood why anyone would choose to travel to an away game on any coach, other than the official one/s.

The profit goes to the club, and surely that's a good thing. There's plenty of free parking at VP and good company too.

And the risk of getting a hefty fine for having alcohol on board doesn't bear thinking about.

 

You do realise that Charlie and Dicko raise funds towards to club from running them coaches e.g. in the past they have provided us with training gear etc.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy used to run buses to away games from the bulls head alot of posters on here used to travel on then. We used to all have a couple of pints in the bulls head have a bacon or sausage bap before we went then a pub stop for an hour and a half somewhere. Was a cracking day out miss doing that really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never understood why anyone would choose to travel to an away game on any coach, other than the official one/s.
The profit goes to the club, and surely that's a good thing. There's plenty of free parking at VP and good company too.
And the risk of getting a hefty fine for having alcohol on board doesn't bear thinking about.
 
 
 
 
Carol and Kevin are fully behind Charlie and Paul running coaches from the Crown, as they put loads of money into the club, through raffles and functions they organise.
They have also funded a Christmas tree for the Community.
Personally I would never go on an official coach run from the Club as your far too restricted and its straight to the game and back again.
Whereas with the coaches Charlie and Paul run from the Crown they organise a pub stop, with contact made with the pub beforehand. All well organised with full support from the Police.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve managed to get a ticket for Crewe, through a friend. Have been to ground this morning to book my place on the bus. It’s £8.50 for hassle free travel, again value for money in my opinion. Park my car at the back of the Hamil from where the coach picks up and drops off.

im hoping that it isn’t a repeat performance of Macc away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/10/2019 at 10:28, butt lane vale fan said:

Carol and Kevin are fully behind Charlie and Paul running coaches from the Crown, as they put loads of money into the club, through raffles and functions they organise.
They have also funded a Christmas tree for the Community.
Personally I would never go on an official coach run from the Club as your far too restricted and its straight to the game and back again.
Whereas with the coaches Charlie and Paul run from the Crown they organise a pub stop, with contact made with the pub beforehand. All well organised with full support from the Police.

 

But I want to go straight to the game and back again. I don't want to spend hours in a pub, risk being refused admission to the ground due to the smell of beer, then miss part of the game having to find the toilet. Nor do I want to risk a fine being on a coach with alcohol.

Official coach every time for me, but if you must stop at a pub for 2 or 3 hours on the way , then do otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy