onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC away travel

Playa Amodores

I attended yesterday’s game on PVFC transport. The cost was £8.50, which I thought was value for money, being dropped off right outside the ground and the coach remained there until we boarded to return home. I was really surprised that there was only one coach from VP. There were two other coaches which were from somewhere in SOT. My thoughts are that these were for ppl for whom it would be more convenient to take from other places, than travelling to VP.

I know there is no alcohol onboard the coach, but I was really surprised with there only being the one coach. I don’t know if the coaches are run at a profit, but surely any profits would go back into the club, not when we were under the reign of the old chairman.

What are your thoughts on official travel not seeming to be so popular?

Advert

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I attended yesterday’s game on PVFC transport. The cost was £8.50, which I thought was value for money, being dropped off right outside the ground and the coach remained there until we boarded to return home. I was really surprised that there was only one coach from VP. There were two other coaches which were from somewhere in SOT. My thoughts are that these were for ppl for whom it would be more convenient to take from other places, than travelling to VP.

I know there is no alcohol onboard the coach, but I was really surprised with there only being the one coach. I don’t know if the coaches are run at a profit, but surely any profits would go back into the club, not when we were under the reign of the old chairman.

What are your thoughts on official travel not seeming to be so popular?

The other two coaches were from the Crown in Burslem, I agree to some extent, that one bloke on his own,(Charlie) can run double the amount of coaches than the club itself.it was £8 yesterday on the fun busses,plenty of alcohol on the coaches plus a 3 hour pub stop in Congleton.

Personally they are not my cup of tea .

I'd rather go on the train or drive depending on distance. Think I've been to Burnley and Burton on the official coach in the past 10 years and I go to maybe 10 to 15 aways a season. 

6-25 on train yesterday and could come and go as I pleased at my own leisure. I understand that the club is missing out on fans money but it's all down to individual choice

We generally only take 1 official coach to most away games 2 at a push. Charlie who runs the buses from the crown sometimes gets 2 or 3 buses going to games but alot prefer driving or going on train. Charlie's buses always have a pub stop and leave an hour or so before official travel is due to go and is generally cheaper to travel on aswell. 

The other two coaches were from the Crown in Burslem, I agree to some extent, that one bloke on his own,(Charlie) can run double the amount of coaches than the club itself.it was £8 yesterday on the fun busses,plenty of alcohol on the coaches plus a 3 hour pub stop in Congleton.
You do realise the consumption of alcohol on a coach travelling to and from a football match is an offence. Not wise to post it on a forum for all and sundry to read!

2 hours ago, Frank Mustard said:
8 hours ago, Conrad said:

You do realise the consumption of alcohol on a coach travelling to and from a football match is an offence. Not wise to post it on a forum for all and sundry to read!

The police are fully aware of what goes on but turn a blind eye.

I've never understood why anyone would choose to travel to an away game on any coach, other than the official one/s.

The profit goes to the club, and surely that's a good thing. There's plenty of free parking at VP and good company too.

And the risk of getting a hefty fine for having alcohol on board doesn't bear thinking about.

The official coaches are straight to the game and straight home. My dads mate puts a coach on maybe 2-3 games a season and they won't allow alcohol on the bus because they don't want to risk the police turning them around. We set off really early though, making sure we stop about 30 mins away from the ground, where we will probably spend a good 2-3 hours in a pub that has been called ahead to make sure they will have us, usually end up with free chips and sausage butties from most pubs too!

2 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

I've never understood why anyone would choose to travel to an away game on any coach, other than the official one/s.

The profit goes to the club, and surely that's a good thing. There's plenty of free parking at VP and good company too.

And the risk of getting a hefty fine for having alcohol on board doesn't bear thinking about.

You do realise that Charlie and Dicko raise funds towards to club from running them coaches e.g. in the past they have provided us with training gear etc.

Jimmy used to run buses to away games from the bulls head alot of posters on here used to travel on then. We used to all have a couple of pints in the bulls head have a bacon or sausage bap before we went then a pub stop for an hour and a half somewhere. Was a cracking day out miss doing that really. 

Archived