Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

4 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Isn't it about time the owners started to justify where and how they aim to take the club forward?? 

Their honeymoon is over...time for them to deliver

Bit harsh !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whotobeakiller said:

Isn't it about time the owners started to justify where and how they aim to take the club forward?? 

Their honeymoon is over...time for them to deliver

Behave yourself. What more could they have done? 

Patience is a virtue, and I’m sure in two seasons things will be very positive.

Also, bear in mind, our best player has played two games, which is no ones fault. And we also had very challenging circumstances in the lead up to the season.

I’m also very disappointed with the last two games, but we need to be patient and see the bigger picture. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I agree. I was prepared to give Crookes a chance to develop, however it was clear today that all our moves break down on the left because he has not got the pace or skill to overlap. If we are going to play 4-3-3 we need our full-backs to overlap. If Askey doesn’t give someone else a go, I’m struggling to see his vision. 

Amoo was poor and seemed weak on the ball (apart from the moment of quality) 

Really not sure why he didn’t bring Browne or Archer on. It was crying out for some pace. 

It’s another disappointing game, and I have to keep telling myself that we are work in progress. 

Jake Taylor was probably the biggest positive, just hope he stays until the end of the season. 

Think Archer and Browne deserve a run next game. And anyone to replace Crookes. 

Jeez, it’s hard to be a Vale fan 😄

Thought he played well first half, but I can't remember him having any impact second half at all.The second half completely passed him by.

Amoo was non existent and didn't look bothered, besides his cameo for the goal.

Brown getting man of the match was a dig of how bad we were.

Askey came out and said that Stevenage were a different team and the <ovf censored> cheating had stopped. Naive, they haven't changed one bit.Where did he get that from?

Only Brown,Smith,Legg,Joyce and top man Worrall showed up today. 

and Atkinson until he tried that back heel that nearly <ovf censored> us

6 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

Lol. I see patience is not one of your virtues. They have an almighty mess to clear up and this will take time.

Don’t indulge him.

Wind up merchant. You look stupid if you reply I’m afraid.

Have our nice new owners sown the seeds for our players and Manager to have a cushy life?

There seems to be no desire to challenge to win balls and again no will to get stuck in and grind out a win.

Last weeks game at Macc and this weeks game against Stevenage show that there is little improvement from last year.Both games should have been winnable games and really today sums it up when Our goalkeeper was man of the match and kept us in the game.

Askey doesn’t seem to have a clue how to motivate his players or change tactics when we are not playing well.

He perseveres playing Crookes at left back when he is an accident waiting to happen but has no idea how to replace him.

I thought there would be a reaction from the players after last weeks dire display.

but they carried on where they left off last week.

Our star signing Amoo seems to have vanished down a rabbit hole and is non existent but still wasn’t replaced.

The question is will Askey survive until after Christmas if this poor form doesn’t improve.

Crewe must be looking forward to playing us in a fortnight.

Performance dire. Tactics dire. Subs dire. Not much more can say really. We would have lost this last season mind. Still waiting see high tempo pressing football from Askeys team. Still not convinced but keep telling myself we need to go through the motions and we will hopefully come out better the other side. Not sure I believe myself though haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not having a dig at the owners or even suggesting Askey is under pressure....yet.  But there’s no denying these have been two extremely poor results for us, and don’t envisage us getting many point over the next few games the way we seem to be going. I’m not holding my breath for anything other than defeats at Bradford and Crewe I’m afraid.

13 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

Lol. I see patience is not one of your virtues. They have an almighty mess to clear up and this will take time.

Hoping the time you refer to is before Vale slide back towards the bottom two. Seems to be a lack of ambition at the club at the moment

9 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Don’t indulge him.

Wind up merchant. You look stupid if you reply I’m afraid.

Who looks more stupid...him for replying or you for replying to his reply??

20 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I think the time is right. His shoulder won’t be fully sorted, but he seems to be raring to go.

I actually do love a target man ( there will always be a time and a place for Pope to come on and get it in the ‘mixer’) however, football has moved on and pace & strength will hurt teams in this league.

Something has to give, because the last two performances have been unacceptable (still trying to convince myself we are a work in progress)

P.S Ray Williams, please <ovf censored> off from my ears.  

I don’t know what the situation is with the recovery of his shoulder injury but hope it’s now repaired. I saw him play in the friendly for Bury. He was quite easily the best player on the pitch. Before I get jumped on yes, it was a friendly. When I was travelling to VP and they’d said we’d signed him, I thought it was my birthday and Christmas all in one. I thought he gave us something different at Macc in the short time he was on the pitch.

i like TP, but if he’s playing he’s got to start or if coming on as a sub needs at least 30-35 mins.

i feel your frustration but we need to keep the faith. Ppl in the Railwat Paddock questioning the managers ability, around tactics, starting 11 and substitutions. I think this is only natural when we aren’t meeting our expectations, unless our expectations are too high.?

i haven’t heard what Ray Williams has had to say, I’ll assume it wasn’t complimentary and probably unnecessary. Unless he’s a frustrated fan.?

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I don’t know what the situation is with the recovery of his shoulder injury but hope it’s now repaired. I saw him play in the friendly for Bury. He was quite easily the best player on the pitch. Before I get jumped on yes, it was a friendly. When I was travelling to VP and they’d said we’d signed him, I thought it was my birthday and Christmas all in one. I thought he gave us something different at Macc in the short time he was on the pitch.

i like TP, but if he’s playing he’s got to start or if coming on as a sub needs at least 30-35 mins.

i feel your frustration but we need to keep the faith. Ppl in the Railwat Paddock questioning the managers ability, around tactics, starting 11 and substitutions. I think this is only natural when we aren’t meeting our expectations, unless our expectations are too high.?

i haven’t heard what Ray Williams has had to say, I’ll assume it wasn’t complimentary and probably unnecessary. Unless he’s a frustrated fan.?

Let’s hope both of our faith in Archer is justified. I have a good feeling about him, but I’ve been known to be wrong before 😄

Crookes is another pressing issue. What is the view of the majority on here? Stick with him? Or replace him for the next game? And if so, with who? 

Expected a reaction to the woeful Macclesfield display today and we didn't get it, and that's the most dissapointing thing. To be fair Stevenage have had a poor start to the season but they'll finish comfortably in mid-table, which is where we will finish, so it's not too much of a surprise to see two equally poor sides battling out a draw which was probably fair. But the last two games have been Aspin-esque in terms of both results and performances, and a few of our players look jaded already. 

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

Oh, and we desperately need a new left-back. I've played against better players than ours on a Sunday back in the day. 

38 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Just a statement of fact. Everybody talks about progress now Smurf as gone etc, but the fact is there has been very little on the pitch.

Mine is also a statement of fact. I AM looking forward to you continuing this method of tracking our performance over the next two months. 

9 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

i haven’t heard what Ray Williams has had to say, I’ll assume it wasn’t complimentary and probably 

Everything that Ray Williams said was correct, in my opinion.

I think its going to be another season when we finish in the bottom 8!

3 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Let’s hope both of our faith in Archer is justified. I have a good feeling about him, but I’ve been known to be wrong before 😄

Crookes is another pressing issue. What is the view of the majority on here? Stick with him? Or replace him for the next game? And if so, with who? 

It’s very generous of you to say you’ve been wrong before but I think if honest we can all say that. Those that don’t admit to being wrong with opinions are liars. It needs changing so let’s get Archer on the pitch to either confirm our opinion or prove us wrong. For me it needs changing as it’s not working with current selections. Crookes, I think he is a left sided centre back due to not having much pace. There again do any of our defenders have pace. We certainly put a lot of effort into getting Crookes to the club in the summer.

I thought the starting eleven looked right but I’d have gone Archer for Crookes and put Monty at leftback after 55-60 mins.

that said, too many weren’t performing today and we can’t let bizarre refereeing decisions knock us so far off balance because there are going to be a lot more of them to come in this league.

10 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

Everything that Ray Williams said was correct, in my opinion.

I think its going to be another season when we finish in the bottom 8!

I haven’t heard what he said, so I can’t comment. I was responding to someone who didn’t agree. So it 1 for and 1 against