Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Then Bennett comes out with that shot to say I am still here and trying lol.  Vale seem to have upped the tempo and are trying.

Take Amoo off and bring on Archer.

Can only see them scoring now.  Vale seem to be lacking ideas.

Edited by PVFC764

On 13/10/2019 at 11:25, Biddulph_PV said:

Sub-4,000 crowd, coach load of away fans, p!ssing down with rain, turgid 1-1 draw with them trying (and getting away with) every trick in the book.

Was I close????

9 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

This shower are currently bottom of the football league and we can't score to put them to bed

Yes, worrying. Cambridge put four past Exeter, Orient put four past Grimsby away, Crewe put three past Swindon and we can't find a winner against bottom-placed Stevenage. Surprised we didn't see more pace being brought on through Browne and Archer, which defenders hate.

Arthur has a few issues to sort out. 

Jeez that was dire...again. Did Amoo's shirt have anybody inside it? He was totally absent. I've hoped Crookes would improve as he got to grips with playing LB but dear me he needs a rest but we haven't got another LB, have we? We seemed devoid of ideas of how to break them down. Watching on iFollow I didn't see a replay of why the ref gave a penalty but the wrestle on Popey with about 10 minutes left was just unbelievable as to how that wasn't a penalty. We are in that horrible spiral of playing poorly at the moment and with Bratford on Tuesday I fear the worst.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Doha said:

giphy.gif

And that in a nutshell is the problem, if their "event" was a penalty then so was that but 10x more obvious.

Their defender isn't even facing the ball, he's just playing the man.

Edited by Paul6754

4 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Jeez that was dire...again. Did Amoo's shirt have anybody inside it? He was totally absent. I've hoped Crookes would improve as he got to grips with playing LB but dear me he needs a rest but we haven't got another LB, have we? We seemed devoid of ideas of how to break them down. Watching on iFollow I didn't see a replay of why the ref gave a penalty but the wrestle on Popey with about 10 minutes left was just unbelievable as to how that wasn't a penalty. We are in that horrible spiral of playing poorly at the moment and with Bratford on Tuesday I fear the worst.

Forget Bradford, this shower have got to play the nonces away in two weeks. Another performance like that and it will be a warzone. 2300 angry Vale fans right on the touchline screeching at Crookes getting turned time and time again. The kicking off would be somewhat entertaining I suppose.

Edited by Doha

3 minutes ago, Valearmy19 said:

Says everything when your goalkeeper is your best player at home to bottom of the league.

Not good enough! 

We were poor today.... with a lot of tough games goingl 

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

And that in a nutshell is the problem, if their "event" was a penalty then so was that but 10x more obvious.

Can someone explain how that is NOT a penalty ? I hope the ref has to sit and watch that and then he should be asked to explain both penalty decisions before being fined his match fee.......utter, utter appalling reffing!

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Forget Bradford, this shower have got to play the nonces away in two weeks. Another performance like that and it will be a warzone. 2300 angry Vale fans right on the touchline screeching at Crookes getting turned time and time again. The kicking off would be somewhat entertaining I suppose.

It's not just him getting turned....he is so slow on the ball taht he either gets charged down, loses it or finds one of the opposition. My heart goes into my mouth every time he gets it!