onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Back to the previous formation.

Get Amoo and Worrall involved.

Back to Bennett starting and Pope coming off the bench.

Pay up Oyeleke as he's never going to be reliable for an interrupted month.

Win.

One of those points isn't directly related.

Advert

1 hour ago, 1 said:

Back to the previous formation.

Get Amoo and Worrall involved.

Back to Bennett starting and Pope coming off the bench.

Pay up Oyeleke as he's never going to be reliable for an interrupted month.

Win.

One of those points isn't directly related.

Agree with all bar the unrelated Oyeleke point. Manny’s just getting over a big operation and I guess the intention is to solve a problem that has been niggling for a couple of years. Apart from wanting to support the lad it’s crazy to make that investment and not see how he goes on after recovery. If we could get Manny playing regularly that would be massive.

You kind of wonder why now they decide Manny needs an operation? Don't get me wrong. I'm not slagging the bloke off. He's just the kind of player we are missing. 

But I was told by a surgeon friend of mine that if you have an op on this kind of thing it doesn't cure it. Just stops it getting worse. Don't shoot the messenger.  I love Manny to bits and wish all the best,

But I fear his future as a footballer is unlikely. Hope not, all the best Manny.

Clearly it's not either/ or.
There's a complex interaction between players and systems, otherwise there wouldn't be any need for systems.
The point I'm trying to make is that we had a system that was working, and it was refreshingly high tempo.
It has changed in the last few weeks due to injuries and trying to, in my opinion, get the best out of Tom Pope.
In the process, we seem to have lost direction and clarity in how we play.
So I'd like to see a return to the system that seemed to suit most of the team, was effective and was entertaining to watch.
100% agree. Bang on.

On 16/10/2019 at 18:40, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Do not be fooled by Stevenages Low position in the table .

Regardless of who is chosen for the game let’s hope everyone puts a shift in and gives everything they have .

You play a system what allows you to be attacking without exposing the limitations in the team for breakaway goals .

A big big game as the next few are difficult to say the least 

Agreed VFIA, and the season so far has proven that anyone can beat anyone else on their day. Vale will have to be up for it or could well do badly in this one.

Personally I expect a reaction from the players to the Macc debacle.

14 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

Shouldn't we play Pope? I mean, he's a legend and he scored twice the previous home match.

What's changed??😏

Pope is only as good as the service he is getting which was virtually nil on Saturday at Macc.He scored two goals in the previous game given the service.

Just hope Askey doesn’t bottle it and go back to one up front.

This would allow Stevenage to overrun our midfield and dive and cheat and time waste like last season.

5 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

He isn’t the player he was in the promotion season and he doesn’t work playing on his own with the squad we have. Those are pretty fair points. 

It was obvious last season teams worked out that if they put two big centre backs on Pope they stopped us scoring and playing Pope ball.

With more support from other players we have now got more options to play and score from other areas.

The problem is if midfield gets pushed back the service to Pope is non existent and we struggle to score.

Listening to Askey’s interview it sounds like it will be a slight tweak rather than wholesale changes. The biggest dilemma with be Gibbons or Atkinson, or to accommodate both.

If Askey stays true to form with his selections, I think it will look like this:

Brown

Gibbons Legge Smith Crookes

Atkinson Joyce Taylor 

Worrall Bennett Amoo 

I worry there isn’t enough goals in that team, and expect a scrappy game. 

Anyway, however we get them, 3 points would feel great tomorrow evening, and put to bed the Macclesfield debacle.

Come on lads, let’s see a response! UTV. 

Archived