onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Advert

We’ve been poor since half time of the Orient game after battering them first half and haven’t really got going since and I’ve no idea why!

First half I thought we actually played some good stuff and were comfy until the penalty, I half felt we would go on and win easily.

The goal was sublime and adds to the frustration as to why we were so backwards and sideways in the second half when we’d shown we could knock it around first half!

Disappointing but still feel we are much improved overall, granted 1 point better than last season but we won once in three and half months IIRC after November!

Need to get back to what we do best, hopefully Conlon is close.

Referee was useless. Penalty was 50-50 but if you give it you have to give the Pope one!

Bradford is a free hit so hopefully pressure off we can go and play our own game and try and get something. Point there and today won’t feel as bad.

We are a much better team than last year and the development is obvious. To play 433 the forwards must be involved, effect and scoring. Can't find a combination that works presently. But we could have won 1-0 but Bennett made a big error not marking properly and then making one of the most blatant and obvious pull backs I can recall for their pen.

10 minutes ago, Warren said:

We are a much better team than last year and the development is obvious. To play 433 the forwards must be involved, effect and scoring. Can't find a combination that works presently. But we could have won 1-0 but Bennett made a big error not marking properly and then making one of the most blatant and obvious pull backs I can recall for their pen.

It was Crookes. Bennett wasn't involved.

29 minutes ago, Warren said:

We will judge if we are much better as you put it come the end of the season. We’re the same now as were last season aren’t we? And we now have Bradford and Crewe where we will quite possibly get a tonking in both games. Oldham is a big game or we will be slipping down that table rapidly. 

you look at performances like Macclesfield and today and there’s not a chance we’ve improved sadly. 

It's all well and good passing the ball and keeping possession, but at times it needs to move quicker to open up teams. We were way to predictable again today and easy to defend against. Too many passes backwards and sidewards, no killer passes. We needed to introduce some pace late on ie Archer, but I dont think we made 3 substitutions? I know the rebuild is going to be a slow process, but it just gets frustrating watching it. Dont enjoy moaning about performances, but 1 point from Macc and Stevenage, shows us how much further we need to improve.
Having said that, were not expected to get anything from Bradford and Crewe, so in typical Vale fashion we will get a draw and a win. (Hopefully) come on you whites!!

45 minutes ago, Warren said:

To play 433 the forwards must be involved, effect and scoring.

The only forwards who can get a game are wingers or target men. I’m not sure how Askey envisages Archer or Cullen fitting into his preferred system.

Archived