onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Performance dire. Tactics dire. Subs dire. Not much more can say really. We would have lost this last season mind. Still waiting see high tempo pressing football from Askeys team. Still not convinced but keep telling myself we need to go through the motions and we will hopefully come out better the other side. Not sure I believe myself though haha

Advert

I’m not having a dig at the owners or even suggesting Askey is under pressure....yet.  But there’s no denying these have been two extremely poor results for us, and don’t envisage us getting many point over the next few games the way we seem to be going. I’m not holding my breath for anything other than defeats at Bradford and Crewe I’m afraid.

20 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I think the time is right. His shoulder won’t be fully sorted, but he seems to be raring to go.

I actually do love a target man ( there will always be a time and a place for Pope to come on and get it in the ‘mixer’) however, football has moved on and pace & strength will hurt teams in this league.

Something has to give, because the last two performances have been unacceptable (still trying to convince myself we are a work in progress)

P.S Ray Williams, please <ovf censored> off from my ears.  

I don’t know what the situation is with the recovery of his shoulder injury but hope it’s now repaired. I saw him play in the friendly for Bury. He was quite easily the best player on the pitch. Before I get jumped on yes, it was a friendly. When I was travelling to VP and they’d said we’d signed him, I thought it was my birthday and Christmas all in one. I thought he gave us something different at Macc in the short time he was on the pitch.

i like TP, but if he’s playing he’s got to start or if coming on as a sub needs at least 30-35 mins.

i feel your frustration but we need to keep the faith. Ppl in the Railwat Paddock questioning the managers ability, around tactics, starting 11 and substitutions. I think this is only natural when we aren’t meeting our expectations, unless our expectations are too high.?

i haven’t heard what Ray Williams has had to say, I’ll assume it wasn’t complimentary and probably unnecessary. Unless he’s a frustrated fan.?

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I don’t know what the situation is with the recovery of his shoulder injury but hope it’s now repaired. I saw him play in the friendly for Bury. He was quite easily the best player on the pitch. Before I get jumped on yes, it was a friendly. When I was travelling to VP and they’d said we’d signed him, I thought it was my birthday and Christmas all in one. I thought he gave us something different at Macc in the short time he was on the pitch.

i like TP, but if he’s playing he’s got to start or if coming on as a sub needs at least 30-35 mins.

i feel your frustration but we need to keep the faith. Ppl in the Railwat Paddock questioning the managers ability, around tactics, starting 11 and substitutions. I think this is only natural when we aren’t meeting our expectations, unless our expectations are too high.?

i haven’t heard what Ray Williams has had to say, I’ll assume it wasn’t complimentary and probably unnecessary. Unless he’s a frustrated fan.?

Let’s hope both of our faith in Archer is justified. I have a good feeling about him, but I’ve been known to be wrong before 😄

Crookes is another pressing issue. What is the view of the majority on here? Stick with him? Or replace him for the next game? And if so, with who? 

Expected a reaction to the woeful Macclesfield display today and we didn't get it, and that's the most dissapointing thing. To be fair Stevenage have had a poor start to the season but they'll finish comfortably in mid-table, which is where we will finish, so it's not too much of a surprise to see two equally poor sides battling out a draw which was probably fair. But the last two games have been Aspin-esque in terms of both results and performances, and a few of our players look jaded already. 

38 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Just a statement of fact. Everybody talks about progress now Smurf as gone etc, but the fact is there has been very little on the pitch.

Mine is also a statement of fact. I AM looking forward to you continuing this method of tracking our performance over the next two months. 

9 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

i haven’t heard what Ray Williams has had to say, I’ll assume it wasn’t complimentary and probably 

Everything that Ray Williams said was correct, in my opinion.

I think its going to be another season when we finish in the bottom 8!

3 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Let’s hope both of our faith in Archer is justified. I have a good feeling about him, but I’ve been known to be wrong before 😄

Crookes is another pressing issue. What is the view of the majority on here? Stick with him? Or replace him for the next game? And if so, with who? 

It’s very generous of you to say you’ve been wrong before but I think if honest we can all say that. Those that don’t admit to being wrong with opinions are liars. It needs changing so let’s get Archer on the pitch to either confirm our opinion or prove us wrong. For me it needs changing as it’s not working with current selections. Crookes, I think he is a left sided centre back due to not having much pace. There again do any of our defenders have pace. We certainly put a lot of effort into getting Crookes to the club in the summer.

I thought the starting eleven looked right but I’d have gone Archer for Crookes and put Monty at leftback after 55-60 mins.

that said, too many weren’t performing today and we can’t let bizarre refereeing decisions knock us so far off balance because there are going to be a lot more of them to come in this league.

Archived