onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Advert

4 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Askey will be clinging to his job by Xmas with these pathetic performances and away day turmoil.

The squad is decent, the tactics and set up is not.

Is the squad decent though, look at the squads that Bradford and Crewe have , they've bags of experience and have played at higher levels mingled in with young players who can get round the pitch. Our players move like they are in treacle !     

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

So, after the latest disappointment, we are identically placed and ONE point better off than this time last year. Not really the level of progress I’d hoped for.

Trust me the black and yellow brigade will be arranging fan marches again by Easter !  

5 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

We need to start with Jordan Archer

I think the time is right. His shoulder won’t be fully sorted, but he seems to be raring to go.

I actually do love a target man ( there will always be a time and a place for Pope to come on and get it in the ‘mixer’) however, football has moved on and pace & strength will hurt teams in this league.

Something has to give, because the last two performances have been unacceptable (still trying to convince myself we are a work in progress)

P.S Ray Williams, please <ovf censored> off from my ears.  

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

So, after the latest disappointment, we are identically placed and ONE point better off than this time last year. Not really the level of progress I’d hoped for.

I look forward to you continuing this method of tracking over the next two months.

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Just a statement of fact. Everybody talks about progress now Smurf as gone etc, but the fact is there has been very little on the pitch.

Isn't it about time the owners started to justify where and how they aim to take the club forward?? 

Their honeymoon is over...time for them to deliver

Just now, Biddulph_PV said:

Just a statement of fact. Everybody talks about progress now Smurf as gone etc, but the fact is there has been very little on the pitch.

Think there has been more progress off the pitch concerning Vale Park facilities and things that will bring money into the club.  This hopefully will bring money into the club that Askey and Co can then use to build the team with more quality players come January.

3 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Isn't it about time the owners started to justify where and how they aim to take the club forward?? 

Lol. I see patience is not one of your virtues. They have an almighty mess to clear up and this will take time.

1 minute ago, whotobeakiller said:

Behave yourself. What more could they have done? 

Patience is a virtue, and I’m sure in two seasons things will be very positive.

Also, bear in mind, our best player has played two games, which is no ones fault. And we also had very challenging circumstances in the lead up to the season.

I’m also very disappointed with the last two games, but we need to be patient and see the bigger picture. 

24 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I agree. I was prepared to give Crookes a chance to develop, however it was clear today that all our moves break down on the left because he has not got the pace or skill to overlap. If we are going to play 4-3-3 we need our full-backs to overlap. If Askey doesn’t give someone else a go, I’m struggling to see his vision. 

Amoo was poor and seemed weak on the ball (apart from the moment of quality) 

Really not sure why he didn’t bring Browne or Archer on. It was crying out for some pace. 

It’s another disappointing game, and I have to keep telling myself that we are work in progress. 

Jake Taylor was probably the biggest positive, just hope he stays until the end of the season. 

Think Archer and Browne deserve a run next game. And anyone to replace Crookes. 

Jeez, it’s hard to be a Vale fan 😄

Thought he played well first half, but I can't remember him having any impact second half at all.The second half completely passed him by.

Amoo was non existent and didn't look bothered, besides his cameo for the goal.

Brown getting man of the match was a dig of how bad we were.

Askey came out and said that Stevenage were a different team and the <ovf censored> cheating had stopped. Naive, they haven't changed one bit.Where did he get that from?

Only Brown,Smith,Legg,Joyce and top man Worrall showed up today. 

and Atkinson until he tried that back heel that nearly <ovf censored> us

Have our nice new owners sown the seeds for our players and Manager to have a cushy life?

There seems to be no desire to challenge to win balls and again no will to get stuck in and grind out a win.

Last weeks game at Macc and this weeks game against Stevenage show that there is little improvement from last year.Both games should have been winnable games and really today sums it up when Our goalkeeper was man of the match and kept us in the game.

Askey doesn’t seem to have a clue how to motivate his players or change tactics when we are not playing well.

He perseveres playing Crookes at left back when he is an accident waiting to happen but has no idea how to replace him.

I thought there would be a reaction from the players after last weeks dire display.

but they carried on where they left off last week.

Our star signing Amoo seems to have vanished down a rabbit hole and is non existent but still wasn’t replaced.

The question is will Askey survive until after Christmas if this poor form doesn’t improve.

Crewe must be looking forward to playing us in a fortnight.

Archived