onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

That’s never a peno for either of those incidents above. Crookes has lost his man there, but he’s made the most of the minimal contact. Shocking decision really. They’ve gone down very easily at every opportunity. Embarassing. I hope that penalty incident is reviewed after, because it is a dive. 

I don’t particularly think we’ve played that well. We do look more comfortable with this formation. We’ve looked good in spells when players like Amoo or Worrall have shown their energy, but other than Worrall we’ve got no real drive from deeper in the pitch.

I think we can’t be too complacent against these as Guthrie looks a handful, and at times we are conceding possession too cheaply. What I can’t understand with their formation is they’re playing with wing backs who are are in the main quite defensive and so they’re allowing us a lot of ground in front of them. But we can’t really make the most of it. Bennet has offered little as the lone striker and Montys hardly threatened for us either. 

Looked a penalty to me … our problem is we haven't enough players who can pass to each other. ! 

Advert

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

That’s never a peno for either of those incidents above. 

?

If the ball hits a player who has made their body "unnaturally bigger" then a foul will be awarded.

IFAB says that having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a "natural" position and a player is "taking a risk" by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding. 

Definite handball. Bottled.

giphy.gif

Vale look a little disjointed, there's no one linking the forwards together.Both pens could have gone either way, just Vale's luck.

Crookes and Montano don't combine well together, Montano nearly always has his back to goal when he receives the ball.

I'm with RW and think this ref could well even things up pen wise.

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

?

If the ball hits a player who has made their body "unnaturally bigger" then a foul will be awarded.

IFAB says that having the hand/arm above shoulder height is rarely a "natural" position and a player is "taking a risk" by having the hand/arm in that position, including when sliding. 

giphy.gif

Far to close to give that. Never hand ball. 

10 minutes ago, Doha said:

?

giphy.gif

No peno for me. His arms aren’t out by his side, they look more in front of him and the players only a yard away if that. I’m sure there was a recent directive from the FA about that too, a ball hitting an arm like that so close.

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

No peno for me. His arms aren’t out by his side.

Fifa brought in new rules for 19/20.

The IFAB have now confirmed that a handball will be awarded if a player makes his body an "unnatural silhouette", i.e. making his body bigger with his arm. It is also automatically an offence if the arm is above shoulder height. Handball will be given if the ball strikes any hand which is over shoulder height. 

The biggest change related to intent. Handballs no longer needs to be intentional for it to be given.It’s all about the positioning of the arm or hand.If the arm or hand makes the body ‘unnaturally bigger’, it is handball. The rules say that an arm or hand above the shoulder can ‘rarely be a natural position’.Having the arm or hand in that position is considered a risk on the part of the player. Of course, if the arm or hand is away from the body, it will be considered to be making the body ‘unnaturally bigger’ and a handball will be given.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Fifa brought in new rules for 19/20.

The IFAB have now confirmed that a handball will be awarded if a player makes his body an "unnatural silhouette", i.e. making his body bigger with his arm. It is also automatically an offence if the arm is above shoulder height. Handball will be given if the ball strikes any hand which is over shoulder height. 

The biggest change related to intent. Handballs no longer needs to be intentional for it to be given.It’s all about the positioning of the arm or hand.If the arm or hand makes the body ‘unnaturally bigger’, it is handball. The rules say that an arm or hand above the shoulder can ‘rarely be a natural position’.Having the arm or hand in that position is considered a risk on the part of the player. Of course, if the arm or hand is away from the body, it will be considered to be making the body ‘unnaturally bigger’ and a handball will be given.

Their player was turning and his arms seem to go up and protect his face.  So some would say protecting himself and others could say he tried to stop the ball.  Hard one for the Ref.  Have seen them given tho.

Archived