onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Back to Fortress Burslem, although they are not attractive visitors, 3 points  are at stake so back to our usual 433 formation using the pitch to our advantage,  Treat Macclesfield as part of the learning curve,   concentrate on polishing  what works with the current advantage of having more options with fewer injuries, a separate plan for  small away grounds needs to  be sorted for another day. But for Saturday return to our 3 goal style please, go at them Vale.

Advert

4-3-3 for this one all the way, get back to a formation that we know we can play, because frankly we looked clueless all over the pitch yesterday like we weren’t sure what we were supposed to be doing and hoofing a long ball into channels for forwards doesn’t work for us.

brown

gibbons - Legge - Smith - crookes

atkinson - Joyce - taylor

worrall - Bennet or Pope - Amoo

12 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Seriously? Do we really need to make such wholesale changes?  You’d drop Smith?

14 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Brown

Atkinson Brisley Legge Monty

Amoo Joyce Taylor Worrall

Archer Bennett

I do like the look of that team, but still think we would get overrun in midfield. 

Also, think we need to give Brisley a chance over Legge or Smith as we just can’t keep clean sheets. 

We need width, and I wouldn’t be adverse to giving Monty another go at left back. 

I’d try the below.

Brown

Atkinson Legge Brisley Monty

Worrall Joyce Taylor

Browne   Bennett/Archer   Amoo

We need some pace & energy in the team, and get the ball down and play. 

Always makes me ironically smile when people want Smithy dropped. Most consistent defender we've had for years. The only one not to drop a bollock for any of the goals Sat. But yeah, let's drop him. RS are very anti-Smith for some reason.

He's decent and the least of our problems.

35 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Always makes me ironically smile when people want Smithy dropped. Most consistent defender we've had for years. The only one not to drop a bollock for any of the goals Sat. But yeah, let's drop him. RS are very anti-Smith for some reason.

He's decent and the least of our problems.

Something needs to be tried as we can’t keep clean sheets. The only reason Smith gets a rest for me is that I don’t think we can’t afford to lose Legge’s arial ability, given we are a pretty small team anyway. 

It might not work, but we need to try and find a solution to keeping clean sheets. 

21 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Something needs to be tried as we can’t keep clean sheets. The only reason Smith gets a rest for me is that I don’t think we can’t afford to lose Legge’s arial ability, given we are a pretty small team anyway. 

It might not work, but we need to try and find a solution to keeping clean sheets. 

In my opinion mate, Smith and Legge are fine at CB. Our problem is more at full back and a system that defends as a team. 

16 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Brown

Atkinson Brisley Legge Monty

Amoo Joyce Taylor Worrall

Archer Bennett

We need shake that back four up ,sick to the teeth of folk not listening to my views ,Crookes is getting mullered as most goals conceded are crosses from his side but I have a different take and that is Centre half’s should be at least tight to the players who are scoring from these situations .

They ain’t and teams are profiting from our giveaways .

It cannot continue many a game I e been to Vale park in my watching life and many crosses have gone in from wingers yet most opposition defenders have read the game and snuffed it any chance of Vale scoring yet we are consistently leaving players free to score through lack of desire ,application and downright docileness .

This team is a starter and I agree with it .

Lets hope that we do not choose Legge and Smith again as Guthrie gives them the run around .

Time to drop one or both of them we cannot afford to give teams a goal start .

Shake it up Askey astounding are under pressure now .

The owners are great ,the fans are turning out in number home and away and are supportive .

A big game to give fans confidence back before really tough games away v Bradford and Crewe who are top of the league and deservedly so.

Archived