Have we seen the last time T Pope makes starting 11

Playa Amodores

2 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Telling fans to eat s***8 the week before doesn't help does it?

I think an apology from Mr Pope is in order even if it has to be forced, through the club.

Have you read his tweet last night?

Advert:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are going to play one up front it has be Bennett to start ,then Pope to replace him if things need to be changed.Just for those who didn’t see the game yesterday Bennett won a header ,was then fouled which led to the free kick which Wozzer crossed from which Bennett scored getting the better of 2 Macclesfield defenders and HEADING home.We need to look to the future.I actually thought Tom  was a bit disrespectful towards the fans when he went off.Dissapointed he may have been but having been roundly applauded by the 3 sections of Valiants,I think he should have responded a little better than with a solitary token clap back.Grow up Popey,it’s not all about you.

Harsh to single out Pope as numerous posters have said collectively we were dreadful.

Legge cost the first with a terrible piece of play and as usual the second came from our left back area. 

Brown was also on an off day with his kicking being poor and sometimes straight out of play. 

Worrall looked to me to be the only one giving a full days graft and even he was off colour , terrible performance but to create a thread about one individual is poor 

Advert:

30 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Does whotobeakiller/ Carl believe that Popey is a refugee or immigrant or something? There must be some reason for the old racist's hatred.

You are totally obsessed with racism. You support a party which endorses it...go and take a sit down

1 hour ago, whotobeakiller said:

You are totally obsessed with racism. You support a party which endorses it...go and take a sit down

If I'm obsessed with anything, it's point g out that you're a lowlife who has already been banned once (permanently) for being a scumbag under a previous name. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, onestepatatime said:

Can someone please tell me what tweet last night ?  I and many others don't do "tweets" so its frustrating when people refer to them on here!

I don’t comment after games but I’ll say on behalf of the players the fans were absolutely different class today and as a team we produced our worst performance of the season! It wasn’t good enough and you all deserved better! Hopefully it gets put right over the next few weeks

47 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Can someone please tell me what tweet last night ?  I and many others don't do "tweets" so its frustrating when people refer to them on here!

Google Tom Pope 11 Twitter,one step.It gets me there ,I don’t do twitter either.

17 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Having been to Macc this afternoon I thought TP was complete marked out of the game and he looked extremely fatigued. I can’t say the comments coming from around me were very complimentary. That’s is why I ask the question.

Don't think he's finished but you have to set the team up to play to his strengths if you pick him. 8 years ago he could run the channels as well as be a target man. He's a bit Akinfenwa like now and really needs to be playing in a narrow corridor with plenty of runners around him to be effective. He was never the quickest but he is painfully slow now. Yesterday the formation clearly didn't work for him or the team. 

2 hours ago, JRC said:

Don't think he's finished but you have to set the team up to play to his strengths if you pick him. 8 years ago he could run the channels as well as be a target man. He's a bit Akinfenwa like now and really needs to be playing in a narrow corridor with plenty of runners around him to be effective. He was never the quickest but he is painfully slow now. Yesterday the formation clearly didn't work for him or the team. 

JRC,

Thank you for the reply I totally agree with you. It was the venomous sentences spoken by fans around me behind the goal. He had two defenders on him that were powerful and very tall. On at least one occasion as TP went to head the ball one just stood in front of him, blocking him off. I said that I thought he looked fatigued when he passed us behind the goal when he had been substituted. I suppose there would have been a lot of frustration coming from him as well.

Advert:

15 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

I have a preference for Bennett at the moment but Tom will still get starts, I think, great servant who still has something to contribute though more off the bench these days for me.

Agree with this. I think if we play one up top, it has to be someone who has the ability to run in behind to make it successful. Pope is a great option to bring off the bench when defenders are tiring. 

Archived