Playa Amodores

Have we seen the last time T Pope makes starting 11

Having been to Macc this afternoon I thought TP was complete marked out of the game and he looked extremely fatigued. I can’t say the comments coming from around me were very complimentary. That’s is why I ask the question.

• Like 1

No. Bennett was ineffective as well. Today showed why we should stick to the 4-3-3 to give us the width with worrall, Amoo, Gibbons, Crookes to get balls in for Bennet or Pope.

Give it a rest Playa daft lad. Pope was poor today. As were the other ten. Pathetic performance.

Edited by toyahw

No, Popey was wrestled and man-handled all afternoon, I was surprised the ref let it go. Bennett did score but that's about all be did and Archer may well have not been on the pitch for the time he was on.

It was a "Shank" of a performance from the team.

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Having been to Macc this afternoon I thought TP was complete marked out of the game and he looked extremely fatigued. I can’t say the comments coming from around me were very complimentary. That’s is why I ask the question.

So what is your question? "I can’t say the comments coming from around me were very complimentary. That’s is why I ask the question".  What does that even mean? I have not a clue. 

Pope was crap along with rest. Stupid thread man.IMO.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 2

You can’t say he did as much as Bennett today surely? Bennett scored for Christ sake. Pope is a good player and so is Bennett. We’ve looked a far better outfit playing that front 3 with Bennett in the middle and two wingers. Use pope as an impact sub at around 60 mins to change the game. Not that askey would do that though. The one thing in popes game is his strength in the air. We certainly didn’t see that today. I certainly don’t appreciate him coming out and slagging off fans after he’s played well to then perform like this (yes everyone was <ovf censored> as well). Go back to 433. Bennett up top and use pope from 60 mins. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

You can’t say he did as much as Bennett today surely? Bennett scored for Christ sake. Pope is a good player and so is Bennett. We’ve looked a far better outfit playing that front 3 with Bennett in the middle and two wingers. Use pope as an impact sub at around 60 mins to change the game. Not that askey would do that though. The one thing in popes game is his strength in the air. We certainly didn’t see that today. I certainly don’t appreciate him coming out and slagging off fans after he’s played well to then perform like this (yes everyone was <ovf censored> as well). Go back to 433. Bennett up top and use pope from 60 mins. 

Pope's comments were poor and paranoid. I'm his biggest fan but football talks and bull droppings walk. 

Today he might as well have not been on the pitch (not the only one).

So go slag us fans off again Tom. Clueless morons,

Edited by toyahw

Tom is the best striker at the club and one of the best in the division. The whole team were gash today.

Having said that, Macc were only slightly better and the ref was so inconsistent he was the main difference between the teams and swayed the result their way.

Playa, get off Popes back and start supporting him and the rest of the team. Pope's a legend, have a bit more respect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, valiant steve said:

Tom is the best striker at the club and one of the best in the division. The whole team were gash today.

Having said that, Macc were only slightly better and the ref was so inconsistent he was the main difference between the teams and swayed the result their way.

Playa, get off Popes back and start supporting him and the rest of the team. Pope's a legend, have a bit more respect. 

Personally disagree with the top paragraph. He’s a good striker. I personally think Bennett suits us much better, not sure pope is one of the best strikers in the league any more. 

Pope was marked out of the name by 2 players because we didn't stretch their defences with our forward play and create more space. This was primarily due to lack of width and movement by the while team. Their back 4 had their easiest game they will have all season.

I thought Bennett was awful yesterday. He was hardly ever first to the ball, other than his goal, and gave away possession far too easily.

I am certainly glad Popey was in the starting 11 last week when he scored 2!!

Based on yesterday, team diamonds are for never at the Vale, but individual diamonds still sparkle on their day in the right settings.

2 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Telling fans to eat s***8 the week before doesn't help does it?

I think an apology from Mr Pope is in order even if it has to be forced, through the club.

Have you read his tweet last night?

If we are going to play one up front it has be Bennett to start ,then Pope to replace him if things need to be changed.Just for those who didn’t see the game yesterday Bennett won a header ,was then fouled which led to the free kick which Wozzer crossed from which Bennett scored getting the better of 2 Macclesfield defenders and HEADING home.We need to look to the future.I actually thought Tom  was a bit disrespectful towards the fans when he went off.Dissapointed he may have been but having been roundly applauded by the 3 sections of Valiants,I think he should have responded a little better than with a solitary token clap back.Grow up Popey,it’s not all about you.

• Like 2