onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Have we seen the last time T Pope makes starting 11

Playa Amodores

Advert

17 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Having been to Macc this afternoon I thought TP was complete marked out of the game and he looked extremely fatigued. I can’t say the comments coming from around me were very complimentary. That’s is why I ask the question.

Don't think he's finished but you have to set the team up to play to his strengths if you pick him. 8 years ago he could run the channels as well as be a target man. He's a bit Akinfenwa like now and really needs to be playing in a narrow corridor with plenty of runners around him to be effective. He was never the quickest but he is painfully slow now. Yesterday the formation clearly didn't work for him or the team. 

2 hours ago, JRC said:

Don't think he's finished but you have to set the team up to play to his strengths if you pick him. 8 years ago he could run the channels as well as be a target man. He's a bit Akinfenwa like now and really needs to be playing in a narrow corridor with plenty of runners around him to be effective. He was never the quickest but he is painfully slow now. Yesterday the formation clearly didn't work for him or the team. 

JRC,

Thank you for the reply I totally agree with you. It was the venomous sentences spoken by fans around me behind the goal. He had two defenders on him that were powerful and very tall. On at least one occasion as TP went to head the ball one just stood in front of him, blocking him off. I said that I thought he looked fatigued when he passed us behind the goal when he had been substituted. I suppose there would have been a lot of frustration coming from him as well.

15 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

I have a preference for Bennett at the moment but Tom will still get starts, I think, great servant who still has something to contribute though more off the bench these days for me.

Agree with this. I think if we play one up top, it has to be someone who has the ability to run in behind to make it successful. Pope is a great option to bring off the bench when defenders are tiring. 

On 12/10/2019 at 23:53, Paul6754 said:

No, Popey was wrestled and man-handled all afternoon, I was surprised the ref let it go. Bennett did score but that's about all be did and Archer may well have not been on the pitch for the time he was on.

It was a "Shank" of a performance from the team.

Macclesfield were physical but I couldn't see there were fouls that were breaking the rules .Long ball football is easily contained these days and that's why we will finish below halfway !

On 13/10/2019 at 15:34, mr.hobblesworth said:

If I'm obsessed with anything, it's point g out that you're a lowlife who has already been banned once (permanently) for being a scumbag under a previous name. 

What I would like to know is how the hell are you still getting to abuse other posters and not being banned yourself.

As for your low life comment I think you should look closer to home for that label. You are a joke.

Archived