onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Scott Quigley

Iron Curtain

Advert

I am pleased he has found his level. Dior Angus seems to be doing well, along with Lewis Hardcastle.  None of those three really did much for us, although it could be argued that Dior was not given much opportunity.  All three seem to be enjoying themselves at Barrow and I am pleased for them.  Although it is possible that they might come back into the Football League, I doubt it somehow.  They are enjoying a decent career at a level where they can make an impact.  Don't forget that Ricky Miller once set that league alight with his goal scoring prowess but it did not transfer to the level above.

• 1 month later...

Quigley

The teams in the last two years nearly got relegated out of the league. When he played he looked useful with some similarity to Pope. But most of all I remember him missing glaring chances and he was not good enough as a goal scoring striker. So I am pleased he is doing well at the National League level and maybe he will improve and come back up again. But decisions have to be made and he was released with I think better replacements signed. 

Dior Angus

I remember him getting minutes and scoring from a yard out. Then he went off on loan before finding Barrow. So I thought he deserved a chance, but never got it. Pity.

I didn't think either of them were good enough when they were here.

Angus was a bit more direct and pacy but Quigley always looked clumsy to me.

They both had decent records at the levels they were playing at before so it was disappointing that neither broke through here.

That said, it is very tough to make a success of it when the team is in atrocious form and struggling badly (as we were). 

I hope both do well and get on in their careers. It would be nice too see both get a further opportunity to play in the league and Barrow are doing well so who knows?

I remember going to Barrow - I think it must have been in the sixties. Was it Holker Street or something like that? Are they still playing there? The back of beyond I remember!

Good point about being in a struggling team.

Background structures are now in place to provide support, consequently, the whole club is stabilizing and players can flourish.

Coming to play at Vale must have been a nightmare under the previous owner.

We will never know.  

What is for sure is that the club is a far better environment both on and off the pitch to help in the recruitment of players - be they established players looking at us as a club ‘on the up’ offering the chance of success, or players looking to get a foothold in the professional game (released from academies or promising non league players).  

Also a far more attractive place for premier league / championship clubs to loan their more promising talents to, as emphasised by the way Jake Taylor is blossoming for mutual benefit.

Archived