Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

How do they come to those totals? How would you decide that Vale need to pay £250 less than Orient?

Because their bloke diving started it? Load of hand bags at fifty paces. Although Pope did appear to be a bit naughty. Ironically, apart from some verbals, Gibbo had nothing to do with it, but got booked anyway.

Edited by toyahw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously an out and out brawl with lads getting filled in isn’t any good, I’m not criticising the spirit of the legislation, but holding a massively pretentious FA charge hearing and doling out fines for what was handbags rather than, as the article exaggerates, an actual melee, is just embarrassing. 

Gives boring old grandad on the disciplinary panel summat do though doesn’t it. Not like the time could be spent going after the cheats like Bamford and Pereira, or deliberating why the standard of match official at a supposedly professional level is so wildly inconsistent.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you imagine the kind of old tosser who make up the FA Disciplinary Panel? 

 

Just looking at their website. <ovf censored> me!

 

Quote

INCIDENT OF MISCONDUCT (NON-FAST TRACK)
Daniel Tortoise, Programme Editor, Yaxley FC
 
Breach of FA Rule E3 - It is alleged that the Participant's comments on the Non-League Matters forum were improper in contravention of Rule E3(1), in that they questioned the integrity of the Match Official and/or implied bias.
 
The Participant has until 18th September 2019 to respond.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nonsense and waste of time, as the level of fines suggest. I was at that game, which was played in a good atmosphere, the incident was a bit of posturing.  If anything, the response of the authorities has done more to bring the game into disrepute than anything which happened on the field.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

A nonsense and waste of time, as the level of fines suggest. I was at that game, which was played in a good atmosphere, the incident was a bit of posturing.  If anything, the response of the authorities has done more to bring the game into disrepute than anything which happened on the field.

Absolutely agree.

Edited by toyahw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

A nonsense and waste of time, as the level of fines suggest. I was at that game, which was played in a good atmosphere, the incident was a bit of posturing.  If anything, the response of the authorities has done more to bring the game into disrepute than anything which happened on the field.

Definitely, I can't recall the exact games but I've definitely seen far worse that hasn't resulted in a fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s just an excuse to take in more money. Footballs an emotive game, bad tackles, diving, gamesmanship will cause flash points. This was just handbags and not a mass brawl. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was handbags at best. I suppose it means we can’t call out any players who dive against us any more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would happen if a Vale player miss times a tackle and the opposition pile in on him and his team mates stand back and watch from a distance ?

Will just the opposition be fined ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mario said:

What would happen if a Vale player miss times a tackle and the opposition pile in on him and his team mates stand back and watch from a distance ?

Will just the opposition be fined ?

If that happened and the rest of the team didn’t back him up imagine the outcry from us fans, the players aren’t behind each other.... the players aren’t together.... etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

If that happened and the rest of the team didn’t back him up imagine the outcry from us fans, the players aren’t behind each other.... the players aren’t together.... etc.

I agree,that was a nothing incident,I thought the ref had a good game,but he got that wrong,2 yellows would have sufficed.

Incidentally over on facebook there is talk of having a £1 collection to cover the fine as a gesture to the Shannahans they don't deserve a biil for this, and personally I think it's a great idea to show appreciation to them for saving us from he who must not be named. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mario said:

I agree,that was a nothing incident,I thought the ref had a good game,but he got that wrong,2 yellows would have sufficed.

Incidentally over on facebook there is talk of having a £1 collection to cover the fine as a gesture to the Shannahans they don't deserve a biil for this, and personally I think it's a great idea to show appreciation to them for saving us from he who must not be named. 

That comes with the territory of running a football club. There could be fines for too many bookings, there could be crowd trouble we get fined for, extra police bills etc. What if one of our players got done by a horror tackle and everyone kicked off? That’s football, stuff happens in a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, toyahw said:

Because their bloke diving started it? Load of hand bags at fifty paces. Although Pope did appear to be a bit naughty. Ironically, apart from some verbals, Gibbo had nothing to do with it, but got booked anyway.

"Appear to be a bit naughty"

Translated to "Unprofessional"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

That comes with the territory of running a football club. There could be fines for too many bookings, there could be crowd trouble we get fined for, extra police bills etc. What if one of our players got done by a horror tackle and everyone kicked off? That’s football, stuff happens in a game. 

True.

How much is a yellow card these days? At the level I played at, if you got booked you used to have to send a fiver off to the County Showground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Fortunately I have blocked this poster.

But I bet anyone this is a comment having a go at Pope... anyone care to prove me right?

 

 

1241DBD5-B031-49E8-8925-B2346E984CB3.jpeg

You would be spot on. Someone has a weird vendetta going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Advert




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy