onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Quarter of the season over

Walka003

Echo a lot of the comments on here.

In summary, so far so good. 10th in the table, ticking along nicely with the (joint) best home record in the division, is very much progress in my opinion. 

JA has done really well in giving us an identity, and is astute in being able to switch between 3-4 different systems.  It's slightly annoying to hear the archaic "4-4-2 brigade" out in force at times,as I think we've done really well playing 4-3-3, the Forest Green game was a shining example of that, in my view what was our best performance of the season so far.  It's all to give us protection for our back 4, to ensure we don't get over-run in midfield, and to ensure we have players free to press high up the pitch.

What's been particularly pleasing for me is that, in reality, we appear to be stronger than we are on paper. Burgess and Taylor have been really nice surprises, and players who have come into the team in recent weeks have not looked out of place.  Considering the amount of injuries we've had to cope with, I'm delighted with our form, with players still to come back into the team. I have a feeling we will be going into games with a really strong bench in the next week or two.

Quickly on our identity, credit must also go to Dave Kevan and Danny Pugh, Kevan especially who seems to be an excellent coach, and a really important part of what we do day-to-day on the training pitch.

The one concern is the number of hamstring injuries we have picked up early in the season, but must stress that Dave Kevan addressed this last week and the staff are looking at why we are picking these injuries up.

Lots of work going on, on and off the pitch, great home form, our identity riddle finally solved (probably since the first time since Page, maybe back as far as Adams), 10th in the league, a definite work in progress and certainly lots to get excited about! 

UTV!

Advert

We're creeping and going which for me is exactly the right policy. We're not the finished article but we're better than last season without a doubt. We look a mid table team that will give anyone a run for their money. With a few more canny acquisitions in the summer, I think we'll be in an excellent position to push for the play offs next season.

Doing sort of what I expected. I have been surprised how much better we have been this season overall and if we’d put away more of the chances we have created, we would be comfortably in the play offs. 

From what I have seen, we are a play off side and think we have all to play for to get there. 

42 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Having lost was it 13 home games last season i actually look forward with relish our home games.

I've been to quite a few away but it is at home the bread and butter as such because wins will keep the fans going ( hopefully ) .

I managed to attend around 13-14 games last season... i've already equalled the number of wins from last season that I saw this season! (3)

On 12/10/2019 at 19:26, Biddulph_PV said:

Personally, I think we’re under par considering the squad we have. It’s certainly good enough for the top 7/8.

Agreed but we have been hampered by injuries.

I'd like to think if we get a bit of luck in the remaining 3/4s with injuries that we can put a decent run together. 

Archived