onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Popey’s Tweet

Iron Curtain

Just now, whotobeakiller said:

Let's chalk off and sweep under the carpet how many chances he actually flukes or misses. That we will ignore just to stand up the Pope argument a bit. 

I'm not sure we are going to find a striker in the fourth division who doesn't miss chances? He misses fewer than most, hence why he has more career goals than most. 

Advert

1 hour ago, toyahw said:

Probably because she goes every game home and away so knows what she is talking about?

But your position is clear. Even when Pope scores goals, they are the wrong kind. Okay. Chalk off all Pope's goals. They were the wrong sort.

Well that's one of the main reasons I cannot stand fans like her who are actually lucky enough to afford the time to go every game and then berates anyone else with a valid opinion regardless that I don't go every game I can actually see what goes on in the videos I watch online.

I have seen it with my very own eyes...if players warrant criticism they will get it...just like many others on here I don't have to jump on a bandwagon I'm not happy with and I will stick with the moral of my convictions...if people don't like it tough. But what I will say is my opinion is as much valid as hers...regardless that she has the time to go every game...some of us would like to but are not as fortunate as her...does that mean our opinions are less valid? Don't think so

5 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Well that's one of the main reasons I cannot stand fans like her who are actually lucky enough to afford the time to go every game and then berates anyone else with a valid opinion regardless that I don't go every game I can actually see what goes on in the videos I watch online.

Sorry mate. Didn’t realise that I upset you by going to every game. Would you rather I stayed away?

19 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

I have seen it with my very own eyes...if players warrant criticism they will get it...just like many others on here I don't have to jump on a bandwagon I'm not happy with and I will stick with the moral of my convictions...if people don't like it tough. But what I will say is my opinion is as much valid as hers...

I can actually see what goes on in the videos I watch online.

Really? Okay. Neither the highlights nor extended highlights showed Pope's lovely back heel to set up Worrall. To pass informed comment, in my opinion, you have to watch the whole game. As Jean does. If you base your opinion on snippets from you tube, whilst Jean bases her opinion of 90 minutes at the game, I will respectfully respect more Jean's opinion. 

Lets hope Popey backs up his self promoting and sheer arrogance and disdain for fans who have critized below par performances and he warrants his claim to play in every game with more consistent performances

Otherwise regardless that he is the clubs top earner he will be in for a rough ride by some

18 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Lets hope Popey backs up his self promoting and sheer arrogance and disdain for fans who have critized below par performances and he warrants his claim to play in every game with more consistent performances

Otherwise regardless that he is the clubs top earner he will be in for a rough ride by some

Let's not only close this thread. But get rid of this Numpty as well.

5 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

He's a good footballer...then play the ball to feet instead of constant 'Hoofball'??

WTK, That's sheer craziness, watch Popey control and lay the ball off, watch him link up the play, watch him pass the ball mostly with perfect weight and direction, did you see his 2nd goal vs Morecambe on Saturday.

The goal he scored in the promo season vs AFC Wimbledon (?) where he drew  2-2 was pure magic and IMHO one of the best goals I've seen him score. He touched the ball round the keeper, jumped over the keeper who bought him down, he  got to his feet and scored from the narrowest of angles, pure athleticism, skill, poise and knowing where the goal is from a 6' 4" guy who's also superb in the air.

20 minutes ago, aspin for england said:

Can I just ask ,are you the Carl that often goes on P&G slagging off the Vale ? 

Carl from Wolstanton?  Who never goes but listens on RS. Then gets on the phone to P+G to hold forth? That Carl?

The disdain is aimed at people like you who spout nonsense without ever going to the games

Archived