onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Popey’s Tweet

Iron Curtain

Advert

7 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

To be fair Aussie, 100 goals since 2009 isn't exactly hard for a player who has had hardly any competition up front and if you look at all those 100 goals how many have contributed to three points? 100 goals yet how many of those games were winning matches??

If we had had players weighing in 100 goals alongside Pope I doubt Pope would have been on the pitch

This could be comedy genius, trollery drollery or a bit mad.

We didn’t have players who weighed in 100 goals alongside Pope. Also if he wouldn’t be on the pitch then they wouldn’t be alongside him would they?

No offence meant. It made me smile.

This thread sums up social media and this forum. Just for the record, I'm a Tom Pope fan, I love the fact a local lad is the focal point of our team. Hes not just about scoring goals, hes a team player and a leader.
Now if somebody disagrees, that's fine, that's a point to debate, football is about opinions. We all see the game different. But all to frequently on here, if anybody has an opinion that's not a popular one, they get a tirade of abuse and theres calls to go on the ignore list, or ban them. Come on guys argue the point, dont make it personal, we all support the same team.

Popey is a vale legend and deserves to be treated as such. If he starts to wind down this season by not playing weekly then I'll be appriciating his sporadic appearances and his continued goal scoring. Thanks for everything Tom!  

21 hours ago, connor hackett said:

This thread sums up social media and this forum............................................
Now if somebody disagrees, that's fine, that's a point to debate, football is about opinions. We all see the game different. But all to frequently on here, if anybody has an opinion that's not a popular one, they get a tirade of abuse and theres calls to go on the ignore list, or ban them. Come on guys argue the point, dont make it personal, we all support the same team.

Utter garbage. Why don’t you eff off and take your effin opinions and effin shove em where the effin sun don’t shine you complete @#!&++[]>~?!##**¥$€=(£&  😳

On 08/10/2019 at 18:47, connor hackett said:

This thread sums up social media and this forum. Just for the record, I'm a Tom Pope fan, I love the fact a local lad is the focal point of our team. Hes not just about scoring goals, hes a team player and a leader.

I agree with 90% of what you are saying Connor but opinions are one thing but vitriol is another. How anyone can slag off the man who is the main reason why we are still in the football league is beyond me.

In regards to Tom's goalscoring record the fact is as he is only one of three players who have scored over 100 goals for us is a legend in my opinion and if he gets the game time he will be our top goal scorer once again this season.

Anyone who tries to belittle Tom Pope will get both barrels from me and will have deserved it!

5 hours ago, old sage said:

I agree with 90% of what you are saying Connor but opinions are one thing but vitriol is another. How anyone can slag off the man who is the main reason why we are still in the football league is beyond me.

In regards to Tom's goalscoring record the fact is as he is only one of three players who have scored over 100 goals for us is a legend in my opinion and if he gets the game time he will be our top goal scorer once again this season.

Anyone who tries to belittle Tom Pope will get both barrels from me and will have deserved it!

We might still be in the football league but only just...given that many teams come to Vale knowing what they have to do as Vale have been guilty of setting out the same way to accommodate one player

Archived