onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Popey’s Tweet

Iron Curtain

Advert

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

He's not attacking the poster, he's attacking the posts which he says are tripe.  That is an opinion not an attack, and I have to say it is an opinion with which I wholeheartedly agree.

You don't have to agree and I certainly don't need approval from you. As I said, some of us stick with the conviction of our opinions and don't have to jump on a bandwagon we don't agree with

4 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Ok, I will ignore the poor efforts in late 2008/ early 2009 and look at what he has done since his injury return at Northampton in March when he scored his 100th league goal. 

V Crewe: Scored winner, didn’t look match fit but to be expected after injury

V Exeter: Didn’t go to this one 

V Stevenage: Feeble. Missed one gloriously chance but generally ineffective. 

V MK Dons: Deservedly lost  starting place after Stevenage, however in fairness looked dangerous towards the end

V Macclesfield: Very poor. No excuse, missed chances, moaned, offered nothing

V Bury: I Missed this one, he did score however

V Colchester: Looked sharp but faded as the game wore on. Deservedly subbed. 

V Northampton I Missed this. Highlights suggest he missed a fair few chances. 

V Salford: Never looked like scoring. Deservedly subbed. 

V Forest Green: Came on. Jogged a bit and battled for headers. 

V Grimsby. Missed this thank god. 

V Cambridge: only on for last 6 mins or so

V Newport. Didn’t go

V Plymouth; He didn’t play

V Exeter: Didn’t go. 

V Mansfield: Didn’t score and missed a couple of sitters but set up Cullen for a great chance.

V Orient Didn’t go

V Morecambe: Horrible first half. Scored a couple of decent goals. 

So overall, not much to write home about for a supposed club legend in recent games. 

It's about the top and bottom of it...what a shame he tarnishes his very rare goal performance with a total unprofessional attack on fans that pay his wages

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Deliberately being controversial, ignoring facts, criticising his output as a striker, you couldn't make it up....... On to the ignore list for you........

Wise move Mr Dog.

4 pages of people doing EXACTLY what the troll wants. Biting at overly controversial comments being used just to wind people up and get a reaction.

For those responding... you are not proving him wrong or making him look stupid... you are doing exactly what he wants, he thinks it’s hilarious and is laughing at you every time you respond.

Ignore and move on.

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

Wise move Mr Dog.

4 pages of people doing EXACTLY what the troll wants. Biting at overly controversial comments being used just to wind people up and get a reaction.

For those responding... you are not proving him wrong or making him look stupid... you are doing exactly what he wants, he thinks it’s hilarious and is laughing at you every time you respond.

Ignore and move on.

Who started the thread...the so called troll or a member the 'Love Pope always' mafia brigade? I say the biggest wind up is the poster who started the thread...what reactions do you expect??

2 hours ago, Mario said:

Thank God for Tom Pope.....Without Tom Pope a local lad who plays the game with his heart on his sleeve we would be in The National League.

Opposition clubs would love a committed leader such as ours, we have one and whats he getting ? abuse from melts like Carl and TJHValiant

Carl criticising his salary is beyond pathetic and doesn't warrant comment.

TJHValiant criticising his stature as club legend doesn't warrant comment but I will,you should be ashamed of yourself talk about spouting rubbish,you take first prize.

I'll say it again, Thank God for Tom Pope....

I have not criticised that. Look at my previous posts. I accept he is a club legend, but legends are made from the past and what he does these days is far removed from that reputation. 

The likes of Foyle, Naylor even McPhee and Constantine did it for the club in the Championship and/orLeague 1. Pope had an ok season for us in League 1, then went off to Bury.

A great player in our Promotion season but since he has struggled to reach those heights. 

47 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Comparing Pope to George Best...Jesus Christ!!!

You really do talk rubbish at times. I was pointing out that players may not play at their peak through their entire careers but that doesn’t mean they can’t have legendary status. Sorry I had to explain it in simple terms for you. 

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

In the context of Port Vale Pope is a legend. To deny this is simply delusional.

They are not doing it because they are delusional,they are doing to wind people up,they remind me of a poster who was banned ,but for the life of me I can't remember who.

I can’t agree with the negative comments about Tom Pope. I am open to ppl having their opinions which others may not agree with. In the Railway Paddock at half time ppl sitting around me were slating Pope and Joyce. I’m glad both got onto the score sheet as it shut them up.

If it wasn’t it wasn’t for Pope scoring and Brown saving over the last two years, then I believe we’d be in the national league. So I’d like to personally thank both of them for their efforts, even though they don’t read fans forums. 

For me it's brilliant that a local lad is currently, and has been for some time, the talisman for PVFC, He's the talisman because he's a freakin' good footballer, plays in the iconiic center forward role, scores goals and he's achieved much for Port Vale FC. Okay perhaps his best years are behind him but he still has much to offer on and off the field.

Tom Pope, great player for PVFC, full stop.

Archived