onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Popey’s Tweet

Iron Curtain

31 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

It's taken long enough!!

What a pathetic response...….dummock

You have made yourself look an idiot here to go with your comments before and at the start of yesterdays game

For what its worth I think popes best vale days are behind him but he continues to do a job for us,i really don't get this bashing of players especially record breaking ones for us but hey ho I guess each to their own,it sums some people up and sadly they are probably like that throughout life

Advert

24 minutes ago, Doha said:

Carlllll the clown as usual.

Even after eating humble pie yesterday he couldn’t risk having a dig (“Doing what he gets paid for”)

Obsessed with those earning more than him, Carl. Always has been. Bet he resents it when we score. 

Is it Radio Stoke Carl from Wolstanton ?

Was really happy to be proven wrong in the second half yesterday, great to see him finally get some goals from open play! Also great to win by more than one goal, first time since March I think?

First half was pretty mediocre from all, but 2nd (like a lot of games this season) we took it up quite a few notches. I'd still stick by my idea of starting Bennett (or 2/3 of them up front together), Pope on his own didn't really work at all, Bennett on changed the style & it worked for them both & us. Maybe the pair of them with Amoo starting at Macc?

RE the post, love Pope but have to say I'm not a fan of his online presence. Given we're in a 'new era' of sorts & the owners are online too being incredibly friendly & open with the fans, having Pope on Twitter still arguing with fans & swearing at people isn't really helping the image of the club. He's a professional & should be a role model, let the football do the talking. I wasn't really happy with it the last few years either, & my opinion hasn't changed.

I'm in the Pope is a legend and still offers us plenty, as Sat showed, camp. But this comment comes up as a bit OTT. There are always and always will be grumblers, always have been. Used to be the same when we discussed it at school, at work, in the pub, in pre-interweb days. Difference now on forums is there are more people in the conversation, and you can't assess on what basis people are talking.

Going home matches and away? Just home? Listening on RS? Reading it in the Sentinel? When it was a personal conversation you knew how much weight to give a persons opinion. On the interweb people can just mouth of anonymously and you have no basis to judge.

Unfortunately the most ignorant seem to have a disproportionately high post count on forums. 

Great chant of "feed the Pope" Sat, which should tell him what those who actually rock up for home games think. And probably most of them are on forums too.... Just don't mouth off so much.

Hope you are reading this Tom 😉

Just to put the record straight...I said Bennett should have started and I believe he should start. The reason is he can shoot and he can score.

Now Pope is an asset..I never said he should be sent to oblivion. I said what the majority of so called 'Pope haters' have been saying...that his game is predicatable and falls into opposition hands...they have worked out how Vale play and control the game accordingly...that is what has happened in recent matches...I don't care that Pope had a good game yesterday...I'm pleased...I won off a bet that Vale would win 3-1  Thanks Popey for getting that vital goal

Regardless, I was dissapointed that Bennett didn't start last week and this week and cannot understand how Pope gets so much game time when he has spent endless minutes ineffective and isolated. Isolated because the opposition know how Vale play to accommodate Popey...not claptrap... just facts

Seeing Bennett's goal at Macc and then seeing him dropped at Orient makes me wonder exactly what Pope does to get in the team...99% of the time the scorer from the previous match would be played as he is in form...couldn't understand the decision...and Pope failed to score at Orient.

He then gets picked again yesterday...couldn't believe it. Yes, we played a rubbish defensive team that gave Pope space and tie to place his header...he took the second well but only after the defender made a defensive howler...we won't have that luck every week.

Let's hope that yesterday wasn't a one off because this is where Pope plays again every week and we know what happened last time Pope played every week

16 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Let's hope that yesterday wasn't a one off because this is where Pope plays again every week and we know what happened last time Pope played every week

I don't know what you base your opinions on mate. But that post is total twaddle. History shows it wasn't a one off. We all know what happened last few  times Pope played week in week out. Somehow with a bag of …. team we managed to stay in the league. The reason we are still in the league are Brown and Pope.

Give it a rest. 

Archived