onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Popey’s Tweet

Iron Curtain

Well said Tom... the assassination crew have already done a number on any confidence Lloyd may have had.

Luckily Tom is happy enough to tell the armchair pundit vale fans who love to chat rubbish despite being crap at football to ... and I quote “eat sh*t”

FA2D9871-5646-4F60-A183-2434D37C2714.jpeg

Advert

I am not one of Tom Pope knockers in fact what he has done for the vale over the seasons is amazing by leading the line and scoring the goals he has been brilliant for our club.But nowadays he needs help upfront like he has admitted he has never been blessed with pace,which means he cannot run the channels when he plays on his own its very static defenders know that he cannot hurt them by running past them which makes us a long ball team.He needs a player like Bennett or Archer to work with to run the channels and put the vale on the front foot especially at home.Over the last six months we have added pace to the team let us play to our strengths and put teams under pressure come on the vale.

Hmm..not the best way to win your critics over Tom. One good game doesn't make a season. Well played yesterday but consistency is what we need to see. As for eating s*** no thank you

I still stand what I said yesterday...Bennett should have started. Regardless of how the game panned out. Stand by your convictions rather than eat manure

9 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

Hmm..not the best way to win your critics over Tom. One good game doesn't make a season. Well played yesterday but consistency is what we need to see. As for eating s*** no thank you

I still stand what I said yesterday...Bennett should have started. Regardless of how the game panned out. Stand by your convictions rather than eat manure

Why should he need to win critics over ? His record speaks for itself.

We all have our different views but the half time chat yesterday was all about why did Pope start? Pope up front on his own does not work and if we were to play two up front, we would need 12 men. Fortunately yesterday, their lad got sent off which meant we could add an extra one up front. It’s not Pope’s fault, we just need a stronger midfield to be able to allow us to play two front which suits Pope much better. Good game though especially as Morecambe did not come just to defend as many other teams do and we deserved the win in the end. But the sending off was definitely the turning point, why he kicked out we’ll never know.

1 hour ago, whotobeakiller said:

Just talk it instead

1 hour ago, whotobeakiller said:

You’re exactly the kind of person his tweet is aimed at. 

2 minutes ago, pjg1876 said:

We all have our different views but the half time chat yesterday was all about why did Pope start? Pope up front on his own does not work and if we were to play two up front, we would need 12 men. Fortunately yesterday, their lad got sent off which meant we could add an extra one up front. It’s not Pope’s fault, we just need a stronger midfield to be able to allow us to play two front which suits Pope much better. Good game though especially as Morecambe did not come just to defend as many other teams do and we deserved the win in the end. But the sending off was definitely the turning point, why he kicked out we’ll never know.

Playing one up front means they can overload our midfield because they only need two players back to mark and nullify Pope ( or Bennett possibly on his own).This is why we struggled first half with Pope getting no support. Two up front means they have to keep 3 players back to mark them and can pressurise their defenders more.Now that our midfield has improved with Taylor,Joyce and Worrall playing well and possibly Atkinson replacing Burgess we are better equipped.Thought Joyce moved up a gear after he scored and probably had one of his best games for us.

Not like he’s scored over 100 goals for us or anything

Carlllll the clown as usual.

Even after eating humble pie yesterday he couldn’t risk having a dig (“Doing what he gets paid for”)

Obsessed with those earning more than him, Carl. Always has been. Bet he resents it when we score. 

Archived