onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Popey’s Tweet

Iron Curtain

Advert

Thank God for Tom Pope.....Without Tom Pope a local lad who plays the game with his heart on his sleeve we would be in The National League.

Opposition clubs would love a committed leader such as ours, we have one and whats he getting ? abuse from melts like Carl and TJHValiant

Carl criticising his salary is beyond pathetic and doesn't warrant comment.

TJHValiant criticising his stature as club legend doesn't warrant comment but I will,you should be ashamed of yourself talk about spouting rubbish,you take first prize.

I'll say it again, Thank God for Tom Pope....

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Ok, I will ignore the poor efforts in late 2008/ early 2009 and look at what he has done since his injury return at Northampton in March when he scored his 100th league goal. 

V Crewe: Scored winner, didn’t look match fit but to be expected after injury

V Exeter: Didn’t go to this one 

V Stevenage: Feeble. Missed one gloriously chance but generally ineffective. 

V MK Dons: Deservedly lost  starting place after Stevenage, however in fairness looked dangerous towards the end

V Macclesfield: Very poor. No excuse, missed chances, moaned, offered nothing

V Bury: I Missed this one, he did score however

V Colchester: Looked sharp but faded as the game wore on. Deservedly subbed. 

V Northampton I Missed this. Highlights suggest he missed a fair few chances. 

V Salford: Never looked like scoring. Deservedly subbed. 

V Forest Green: Came on. Jogged a bit and battled for headers. 

V Grimsby. Missed this thank god. 

V Cambridge: only on for last 6 mins or so

V Newport. Didn’t go

V Plymouth; He didn’t play

V Exeter: Didn’t go. 

V Mansfield: Didn’t score and missed a couple of sitters but set up Cullen for a great chance.

V Orient Didn’t go

V Morecambe: Horrible first half. Scored a couple of decent goals. 

So overall, not much to write home about for a supposed club legend in recent games. 

We have been garbage. It is all Pope's fault.  I concede your point. We are garbage because Pope is garbage. It is clear Pope is garbage, without Pope we would be in the championship. 

Get rid of Pope and the world is our oyster. 

Pope is not a supposed legend Mr. He is a legend. Always will be. For real Vale fans.

12 minutes ago, Mario said:

Thank God for Tom Pope.....Without Tom Pope a local lad who plays the game with his heart on his sleeve we would be in The National League.

Opposition clubs would love a committed leader such as ours, we have one and whats he getting ? abuse from melts like Carl and TJHValiant

Carl criticising his salary is beyond pathetic and doesn't warrant comment.

TJHValiant criticising his stature as club legend doesn't warrant comment but I will,you should be ashamed of yourself talk about spouting rubbish,you take first prize.

I'll say it again, Thank God for Tom Pope....

I have never criticised Tom Pope's salary...for one I don't know what it is..only that he is the highest paid. Highest paid for constantly berating the team when things don't go well. 

I have criticised his output as a striker...nothing else

As for club legend...I'm afraid that is an insult to real club legends

Theres only one person who’s brought up Popes alleged salary and status as the highest paid player and it’s inferred enough for people to realise that you therefore believe the highest paid player should be the best and most consistent. The 2 Don’t always go hand in hand. Turning your attention to money as a stick to beat a player is completely another argument that just makes you look stupid, and it’s not the first time you’ve used it either. It looks like everyone else is discussing performances and the merits of him v Bennett in starting. There’s something a bit more bitter In your rants and digs that seems to run a bit deeper. 

Sometimes the term legend gets bandied about too easily.

My own legends are for differing reasons

Ainsworth Earle Beckford Newton Foyle Taylor 

However Tom Pope irrespective of what somebody thinks of him now as a 34 year old is a Vale legend.

His goalscoring alone gives him legendary status. By all means differ in opinion and be constructive as to why you feel he ought not be in the team. I myself at times have preferred Bennett. Pope still has a massive part to play for us either as a starter or a sub, any criticism of him is well below the belt.

Though i'd prefer him to rise above it and not resort to childish bad language and twitter tripe. You are better than that Tom surely.

Pope will be 2nd all time goalscorer by the time he hangs up his boots and his 37 goal season and memories like Rotherham twice, Cheltenham in the snow make him a true Vale legend forever more.

38 minutes ago, whotobeakiller said:

I have never criticised Tom Pope's salary...for one I don't know what it is..only that he is the highest paid. Highest paid for constantly berating the team when things don't go well. 

I have criticised his output as a striker...nothing else

As for club legend...I'm afraid that is an insult to real club legends

Deliberately being controversial, ignoring facts, criticising his output as a striker, you couldn't make it up....... On to the ignore list for you........

8 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

How's the train Cheeky?

I think you're confusing me a with a fella who, oddly enough, posts on here as....Cheeky. 

5 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

some of us maintain our convictions

I suspect you do. Are the refugees still all cattle?

5 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

Take responsibility for your own failings Popey 

Jesus Christ, the irony. Some serious projection going on here. Have you sorted those gambling debts yet Carl? Or is that Syria's fault too? 

6 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Remember his athleticism in the promotion season? 

He has at times brought the team down with his moaning on the pitch and there is no doubt he has lost some pace. 

A vale legend but he can’t go tell fans to eat s1ht when plenty of his performances over the past few months could be described as watching s1ht on some occasions. 

His athleticism SIX YEARS AGO? You are actually trying to criticise a target man who's now 34 with what he was six years younger? As if it's a target he should be capable of reaching?

Nice to see you've bottled it under criticism and called him a Vale legend. On Saturday before he scored twice to win the game, your views were "Pope is a complete has been. Getting paid money to moan and live off past glories. Great player but we are doing him the biggest favour in the world with a two year deal. His legs have gone and should join Dodds at Chorley."

3 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Ok, I will ignore the poor efforts in late 2008/ early 2009 and look at what he has done since his injury return at Northampton in March when he scored his 100th league goal. 

V Crewe: Scored winner, didn’t look match fit but to be expected after injury

V Exeter: Didn’t go to this one 

V Stevenage: Feeble. Missed one gloriously chance but generally ineffective. 

V MK Dons: Deservedly lost  starting place after Stevenage, however in fairness looked dangerous towards the end

V Macclesfield: Very poor. No excuse, missed chances, moaned, offered nothing

V Bury: I Missed this one, he did score however

V Colchester: Looked sharp but faded as the game wore on. Deservedly subbed. 

V Northampton I Missed this. Highlights suggest he missed a fair few chances. 

V Salford: Never looked like scoring. Deservedly subbed. 

V Forest Green: Came on. Jogged a bit and battled for headers. 

V Grimsby. Missed this thank god. 

V Cambridge: only on for last 6 mins or so

V Newport. Didn’t go

V Plymouth; He didn’t play

V Exeter: Didn’t go. 

V Mansfield: Didn’t score and missed a couple of sitters but set up Cullen for a great chance.

V Orient Didn’t go

V Morecambe: Horrible first half. Scored a couple of decent goals. 

So overall, not much to write home about for a supposed club legend in recent games. 

I cannot believe that some complete loser has chosen to go to the effort of writing this. Contender for OVF shltpost of the decade. " Scored winner, didn’t look match fit" Jesus Christ. 

2 hours ago, whotobeakiller said:

Fans are entitled to moan...fans pay the wages at the end of the day and the wages paid are more than the average fan can dream of

Here we go, income envy again. It's all you ever think about. Embarrassing. 

So what if he called a few people out for criticising him? I'm pretty sure that if people are willing to stick their neck out to criticise someone, they should at least be tough enough to take it on the chin when that person has a go back. So he hasn't quite used an eloquent tweet to do that, I couldn't give a toss. People get upset too easily these days, by everything. Well done Tom for standing up for yourself. He's still more than good enough for us, and I'm sure most teams in our league wouldn't mind have Popey in their squad to call upon.

Anyone who doesn't think Popey is club legend needs to have a word with themselves in my opinion. This lad has never given less than 100% and is one of the clubs all time top scorers, basically getting us promoted in 2012/13, and keeping us from dropping in to oblivion in 2018/19. If that doesn't qualify for 'Legend' status I don't know what does.

1 hour ago, whotobeakiller said:

As usual...attack the poster not the argument. Same on the political threads as well

He's not attacking the poster, he's attacking the posts which he says are tripe.  That is an opinion not an attack, and I have to say it is an opinion with which I wholeheartedly agree.

Archived