onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

On 08/10/2019 at 17:40, toyahw said:

I think you mean "modicum"  there. Not "modicule" . Is that even a word?  Our "new" policy is the old one. All is okay. What is your beef baby?

Oh dear someone deciding to lecture me an English lesson and doesn't know that 'Modicule' is a word.

Actually, to concede your point, I did mean modicum. Strike me down and sue me

Advert

On 06/10/2019 at 22:24, Seamus O'Wye said:

Extra incentive for Macc in that they will go above us if they win, but this is one of the away games that we should be looking to win. Getting on the front foot from the first whistle, possibly with both Pope and Bennett up front, should help Vale to return home with the 3 points.

Start with the team that finished last week.

Atkinson played most of his games at Mansfield at right back so Gibbons will have to sit on the bench.

Surely Askey must appreciate how the team improved when Bennett came on.
Gives Pope support and stops us playing Pope ball and gives their defenders something to think about.

Worrall can drop into midfield at expense of Burgess.

18 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

A rise from 20 to 22 quid isn't even that bad. Bradford rises from 20 to 25 quid... And 25 quid to watch League 2, is nearing a joke. Their season tickets might be cheap, but their tickets on the day sure as hell aren't! 5 quid more will get you in to a Premier League fixture...

Hi Danish, 

Surely if we're offering tickets at £20 (which is perfectly reasonable), then buy them at £20. Talk of £25 on the day, granted, is over-priced; but we want away fans to purchase early and reap the incentive by doing so.

Another little dig at cheap season tickets, though. 😄

Surely if we're offering tickets at £20 (which is perfectly reasonable), then buy them at £20. Talk of £25 on the day, granted, is over-priced; but we want away fans to purchase early and reap the incentive by doing so.
Another little dig at cheap season tickets, though.

Just to add a bit of context. I paid £25 to watch Manchester City in the Champions League last week.

On 09/10/2019 at 20:38, whotobeakiller said:

Oh dear someone deciding to lecture me an English lesson and doesn't know that 'Modicule' is a word.

Actually, to concede your point, I did mean modicum. Strike me down and sue me

In what language is "modicule" a word? My Google doesn't seem to have heard of it.

Looking forward to this.

We have a strong looking squad available and that's without Manny or Conlon. Both of whom would have been first choice if available.

Midfield was a big concern. It's a major achievement to have replaced the loss of those two.

On 08/10/2019 at 17:15, whotobeakiller said:

You would think the Shanahans would have some modicule business sense to open up their new era by bringing down pay on the day/gate prices down to a minimum of £17-19 per game

Instead, the new policy is to pay £20 for an advance ticket instead of £22 on the day. Ridiculous policy and still more than over the odds for this standard of football, given that the ground holds 18,000 and barely averaging 4,000

I have said it numerous times on this forum, it is about time admission charges were reduced so that all Vale fans from all backgrounds can attend a game

Considering you sit at home and listen to it on the radio I don’t think gate prices have any effect on you.

As a season ticket holder I am quite happy to pay the price especially if it keeps the club going financially.

The Shanahans have kept the prices reasonable and even offered cheap deals for 10 game tickets.

I am sure they will be looking to give incentives for certain future games.Just hope you have a Broadcasting Licence or it could be expensive if you haven’t.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:17, queenybantam07 said:

Another little dig at cheap season tickets, though. 😄

It's a shame the game is midweek to be honest. I think quite a lot would have traveled if it was on a Sat and paid up front. Obviously, it's a bit less attractive midweek with work/traffic/no trains back etc, particularly when you can watch it for £10 in the comfort of your own home. I'm sure the same will happen when we play you at Vale in the new year. 

Start with the team that finished the game on Saturday.

Let Gibbons fight for his place off the bench and he might have some sense to stop getting booked all the time.

Bennett and Pope up front to give their defence something to think about instead of sticking two players on Pope to stop us playing hoof ball.

My nephew has two tickets 12 to 17 year old tickets for sale if interested and desperate to go and couldn’t get one or two then first come first served .

To get them ring 01782 610570 many thanks .

Will have to pick up though Silverdale area ,when ringing ask for Michael 

Enjoy the game UTV 

Archived