onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

The issue is that the defence has gone to the dogs this season. Our fullbacks are consistently letting us down and concentration across the whole back four is awful. Mitch Clarke needed?

I'm very disappointed with yesterday, the four games starting with Orient and ending next week should have been 12 points for any half decent team. Concentration let us down in London, yesterday was just a pathetic performance all round. Beat stevenage next week and 7 points won't be an awful return from those four games, but really felt we could have capitalised on the poor form of these teams and build on our decent start.

Advert

I'm afraid our new owners made a cock up giving Askey a 3 year deal.

Let's look at the facts. The last 4 or 5 managers we have had have no league experience. (Askey 4 months before he was sacked). We have slid steadily down and down since Micky Adam's left. You dont have to be clever to see we need a manager with league experience to steady our sinking ship.

Askey must have been the only one that could not see at half time we needed changes, but no let's us go behind first. Bad manager end of.

10 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Let’s say that over the next 4 games we get 4 points from our two home games and, as I fully expect, us to get zilch from two away games at Bradford and Crewe. We’ll then be a point worse off than at the same stage last year under the much-criticised Aspin. Is this progress??

Will we then continue that method of comparison through November and December?

People have to stop this short term view and manic depression after a single result.  

The irony here is we are all gutted because a win yesterday would have had us pushing on towards playoff contention. Surely we have to take a step back and say that’s a good thing? Right?          

Terrible result, terrible performance, terrible tactics.

Not the end of the world, not a season defining result, not how we have been playing or how we will play going forward.

Considering where we are with horrendous injuries, our home record and generally how we are playing I am content with where we are. Its chalk and cheese to last years dross. I struggle to see how anyone can compare this season with the last 2 years.

With a little but of luck (and game managenent) we could have turned a couple of those draws into wins and the picture would look very different. We will definitely finish higher this season than last.

Let’s say that over the next 4 games we get 4 points from our two home games and, as I fully expect, us to get zilch from two away games at Bradford and Crewe. We’ll then be a point worse off than at the same stage last year under the much-criticised Aspin. Is this progress??

Having slept on yesterdays inept performance I  feel yesterday was Macc's cup final, they had a backs to wall, we'll show 'em attitude, you can imagine their manager before the game telling his players go out and show them what you can do and shut that away crowd up.This was proved to me by the way they celebrated their goal in front of the Vale crowd and the behaviour of Vassell  at the end,they were pumped up like a cup tie minnow in the FA Cup and we didn't respond.

Those calling for Askeys head need to give their own heads a big wobble,yes he got it wrong yesterday,but on the whole he's got it  right, you cannot take a snap shot of a few games and compare it to last season,you have to wait until the season is over before making judgements.

1 minute ago, Properman said:

Let's look at the facts. The last 4 or 5 managers we have had have no league experience. (Askey 4 months before he was sacked). We have slid steadily down and down since Micky Adam's left. You dont have to be clever to see we need a manager with league experience to steady our sinking ship.

Askey must have been the only one that could not see at half time we needed changes, but no let's us go behind first. Bad manager end of.

Would you say you are prone to an over reaction? 

Daft post from a typical football fan whose emotions swing around based on the last game they saw.

“Sinking Ship”... behave!! 

Over 12 games Askey has taken a bottom 4 team and got us to the point where we started looking up and getting overly excited about the playoffs.

Then he lost one game and people are crying that he is rubbish.

The irony is absurd!

Stop taking a short term view, it will depress you some days and it’s just a waste of energy.

We all said that 15th and no flirtation with relegation would be an improvement this year! 

As Macc fans said... don’t give Askey money, give him time. The shoots of improvement are there, we are better to watch and and performing on average better than last year.

We have a 21.5% improvement in points vs this time last year (seen as people are obsessed with direct comparisons and facts)

6 minutes ago, Inny said:

Considering where we are with horrendous injuries, our home record and generally how we are playing I am content with where we are. Its chalk and cheese to last years dross. I struggle to see how anyone can compare this season with the last 2 years.

With a little but of luck (and game managenent) we could have turned a couple of those draws into wins and the picture would look very different. We will definitely finish higher this season than last.

Yes but but but ... errrr... we lost a game to Macc.... Sack everyone! 

Sensible and balanced post Inny... it will be lost on the couch pundits (many of white cried out for the 2 up front which Askey gave them yesterday)

5 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Having slept on yesterdays inept performance I  feel yesterday was Macc's cup final, they had a backs to wall, we'll show 'em attitude, you can imagine their manager before the game telling his players go out and show them what you can do and shut that away crowd up.This was proved to me by the way they celebrated their goal in front of the Vale crowd and the behaviour of Vassell  at the end,they were pumped up like a cup tie minnow in the FA Cup and we didn't respond.

What's Vassell's beef with us anyhow?

Did he feel hard done to? It was hardly a surprise when he got released.

16 minutes ago, Properman said:

It's not really a 3 year deal, it's a rolling 6 month deal up to 3 years.

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Will we then continue that method of comparison through November and December?

People have to stop this short term view and manic depression after a single result.  

The irony here is we are all gutted because a win yesterday would have had us pushing on towards playoff contention. Surely we have to take a step back and say that’s a good thing? Right?          

Terrible result, terrible performance, terrible tactics.

Not the end of the world, not a season defining result, not how we have been playing or how we will play going forward.

The mood would have been completely different with a win, the main thing is the team  reaction  to defeats, and maintaining realistic expectations,   

13 minutes ago, Santa said:

What's Vassell's beef with us anyhow?

Did he feel hard done to? It was hardly a surprise when he got released.

You could argue it typified the passion and exemplified what the game meant to the Macc players, or perhaps he’d simply copped some abuse during the game. Whatever it was he made himself look a rayt clown with that reaction at the end.

Archived