onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Macclesfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

7 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

We weren't the only ones in L2 to come unstuck against lowlier opponents today. Northampton being stuffed at Scunthorpe has to rank alongside our result today as being unexpected.

A bad day at the office - every team has them. I expect a reaction against Stevenage; if we don't get one then and only then will I start to get worried.

Scunthorpe have a much better squad than macc. 

Advert

Bad day at the office, I think today Askey felt knew the place and pitch so well that he ended up carried away with the game plan and ultimately got it wrong on the day. The midfield didnt work, it looked disjointed and we ended up getting outdone in a narrow midfield scramble with no outlet down the flanks....the big away following probably spurred macc on as if it was a cup tie and we didnt have enough guile to get to grips with the fight

Not overly concerned though, at this stage we could only ever be a work in progress after Normans reign of terror. We're considerably better than we were last season, and i still feel even after todays poor showing that on balance we're heading in the right direction

As I did not attend I can only go on my sons comment It was rhymes with hit

Played off the park by a club who’s players haven’t being paid ,that is laughable and shows where we are .

So there is very little say other than well done Macclesfield you deserved it .

As for Askey I feel he should be shown the door .

Plays the same back four who consistently are poor and very giving to most teams in this league .

Crewe will annihilate us as they seem to have a manager who motivates his team regularly.

We will be non league if we are accepting of the rubbish served yesterday .

If players cannot motivate themselves to play in front of our supporters home and away and only turn up at home then we will only go one way .

A disgrace and not fit wear the shirt 

Thats the overall view I’ve got from reading folks views on the performance and application put in from them who represented us.

I’ve sent slept in it, And I’m angrier than i was yesterday!! Haha. Why do we do it? Still I’ll be there next week. As someone says we want a reaction. It will be a hollow victory but it will go some way to repairing yesterday. Change at the back it called for I think. 

Maybe Brisley will get a game next weekend? as for people saying get rid of Askey,really???  we will more than likely finish mid table which imo after all that has gone on will be a massive improvement,of course we all want promotion but it will take steady progress...….I hate to say but look at crewe,they were desperate to get rid of Artell and we were all desperate for him to stay,they have a small budget and have made steady progress.

Of course Askey makes mistakes,most managers at this level will BUT imo he has got us playing better than under Aspin and Brown(not hard I know) especially at home.

Cant wait to hear who those wanting him sacked want to replace him with,any idea peeps?

I've too just slept on it before posting.

From the start Vale were abject, slow, ponderous, tactically wrong and had the incorrect line up.

OK we went 1 up but by then Macc had easily exposed our frailties at the back. Our shape meant we had no width whatsoever and allowed them to attack our full backs. Also our midfield were run off the park and yet again there were numerous times the opposition just waltzed through, without any tackles going in.

We are a bang average mid table Division 2 table and any position around 12th to 15th is all we can ask with the squad we have so we have to accept that as a push towards  better times after several years of absolute garbage.

Yesterday we had a whole team off colour and we have to rely on a reaction next game to see who really cares about the Club.

Pointless pointing the finger as the majority were totally useless and couldn't even string passes to their colleagues together. I don't think I've ever seen so many players give the ball away and have such dire performances together.

The nearly 1900 Valiants went there in hope that we were turning the corner and getting away from bad days at the office, Macc frankly were there for the taking as they were a poor outfit too. Any half decent Team turning up yesterday would have rolled them over convincingly and that's what bugs us Vale fans.

I agree with many fans around me that the defence needs a real shake up. Time now surely for Askey to change the 2 centre halves and attempt to secure a tighter back four? 

7 hours ago, toyahw said:

You can analyse from whatever angle you want. Fact is we were rubbish and well beaten. Macc are better than us. That simple. And that is where we are at.

I get the disappointment but the true statement should be Macc were better than us yesterday.

to say they are better than us means we should just abandon the league system and judge who is the best team on single results alone.

So Norwich are better than Man City and we are better than Forrest Green who currently sit 4th.

The league table will tell you that we are equal of points to Macc.

People like to think of them as a tiny club who we should be steamrollering.

Unfortunately we have been pretty toss ourselves the last few seasons and will continue to have some ups and downs.

Players always say that the best managers are those that don’t get over excited when they win and don’t get depressed when we lose... it’s only us fans that allow ourselves to have those emotions.

Yesterday was a terrible shocking performance... it was also one game. 

We are a better side than last year, we are performing better on average and we will finish higher than the last two years.

As I said before it’s the hope that kills us... all this rage is because we could have been on the verge of the playoffs if we won... that itself tells us we have improved because those words would have been no where near us last year.

14 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Incidentally, to the bloke who thought it was OK to use the Ladies at half time, no it wasn’t and in most grounds you’d get chucked out for doing that. 

Utterly ridiculous but for some reason certain ‘local’ away games attract absolute idiots. 

There was a coked up Vale idiot walking past the Co-op constantly shouting abuse in the presence of old people and young children. 

We all get frustrated at times but it’s a real pity people can’t act a little more responsibly as these actions impress no one and just make the individuals look uneducated clowns and give the club a bad name.

Archived